Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Solo performance catback advice

I just installed solo HF cats and it is amazing to hear the difference. My question in if I add solos cat back system will I notice much of a difference in sound? Will it be even louder?

Also, since the install, it seems my car has been sluggish. The fuel is 93octane, but it is 4 months old because of storage. Could that be my problem. I want to run this fuel out and put new fuel in and do a fuse pull, but I was curious if anyone else felt the same thing after installing HF cats.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
It has to be the gas. Soon as I pulled out of the shop after having my SOLO cats installed I could tell a difference. The sound right now is probably optimal. I only replaced my catch because my stock muffler beffles were rattling. Don't get me wrong the SOLO cats and MachX were a great combo, but imo, their cats make the biggest difference.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
rberns

I was waiting for you to post on this thread. Did you have your hf cats and catback system installed in the same day? The new cats sound good right now, but I am hoping solos cat back will give it more of a growl.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
TAPSHIFT

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99
SOLO HI-FLOW CATS WITH MACH XL CATBACK/J-PIPES

Incase you haven't seen/heard this.....
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
I'm sure it would sound better with the Solo cat-back over stock. I don't store my car because I don't have this pleasure its my only car but can't you use stabil - a gas treatment you put in your tank when storing. I put it in my boat during winter when I had one. It still ran bad until I would burn up the old gas but it wasn't in storage just parked along the side of the house.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
rberns

Hey Tapshift, its been awhile since I have last seen the video. I guess what i want to know is if the catback will make it even louder (which is what I am trying to accomplish). She already sounds good with the HF cats, but I guess I am looking for something just a little bit more so I was wondering if their catback will add more deeper/raspy noise. Also, does Solo Performance automatically adjust the J Pipes or do you have to adjust it yourself. If so, how do you adjust them?

SwiftChancelor, I did add stabil in november, but it still sluggish. I am thinking it is the fuel that has started to go bad.

Last edited by rberns; 04-01-2012 at 01:59 AM.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
TAPSHIFT

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99
SOLO EXHAUST

[QUOTE=rberns;4737631]Hey Tapshift, its been awhile since I have last seen the video. I guess what i want to know is if the catback will make it even louder (which is what I am trying to accomplish). She already sounds good with the HF cats, but I guess I am looking for something just a little bit more so I was wondering if their catback will add more deeper/raspy noise.

I had the Catback installed first, then the Hi-Flow cats later so I can't speak to the difference. I would think that the volume would go up due to the higher flow rate with the combination of both.

Also, does Solo Performance automatically adjust the J Pipes or do you have to adjust it yourself. If so, how do you adjust them?\

They are preset based on your vehicle. You can fine tune them by adjusting the end caps (in or out) which are clamped in place.
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I was waiting for you to post on this thread. Did you have your hf cats and catback system installed in the same day? The new cats sound good right now, but I am hoping solos cat back will give it more of a growl.
I did the HF cats long before the MachX. The problem is, after a while my stock mufflers baffles started rattling, so I had them cut off and a set of GMPP street added, then had the resonators removed, and finally went with the MachX. I liked the HF cats with the complete stock system and SOLO MachX best. I had to add J pipes later to kill the hiway drone.

There were enough variations between HF and stock versus HF and MachX that it's tough to give an accurate comparision.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote