Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Dann
 
Dann's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro Bumblebee
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 21
need an explanation

I have a 2010 LS and a buddy of mine has a 2005(?) SRT4 Neon and is always getting under my skin that his car is faster then mine. I understand that weight is a huge factor between the two but I'm constantly having to justify why I won't street race or race at a drag strip. Street racing is illegal and dangerous is why I refuse to do that but as far as strips, I won't unless its another muscle car.

Am I wrong when I say for it to be fair I'd have to add either a Turbo or supercharger to mine just to even it or when he shows me a video of a stage 3 turbo neon against a stock SS that's not far odds and its like a little lap dog barking at a full size dog? Isn't that why there's classes when racing? You wouldn't put a formula 1 against a nascar and call that fair

Thanks guys, after two years its really starting to bug me lol
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Muscle SS
All blackkk
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 870
You drive a street car, and so does he...nothing like a formula 1 vs NASCAR...you can just tell him you'll lose and his car is faster if that's how you feel
__________________
Drivin it like I stole it.
Muscle SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
78RS_to_112SS
Finally back in a Camaro
 
78RS_to_112SS's Avatar
 
Drives: was 1978 RS, NOW 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NORTHERN, Ontario
Posts: 231
My son in law also has an SRT4, I think he is now at stage 3 with bigger turbo etc. I don't even want to know how much $$$ he has in that thing but I know for sure, I will not race him under ANY circumstance, not worth it...
__________________
It all started with a "78 RS and now, after WAITING a quarter century, a triple black 2011 2SS convertible...
78RS_to_112SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
why does it matter if his car is faster than yours?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
AzItaliaSS
 
AzItaliaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GILBERT,ARIZONA
Posts: 501
Dann, its a neon!!! dont sweat it. It has as much appeal as a ladybug
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
jmaynard
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Garland Tx
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Dann, its a neon!!! dont sweat it. It has as much appeal as a ladybug
+1, his needs to be faster to get away before people see him driving it. You can spend some money and run him down, but why?? Let him run away with his cr*ppy car and you cruise along and enjoy the looks you get in yours.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Dann
 
Dann's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro Bumblebee
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 21
I forgot to mention he's 21 and I'm 24. And the looks I get are always a good feeling, especially the female variety, while he gets none unless its a teen who just watched fast and furious. Am I right though they're different classes so its not a valid statement?
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
I have a 2010 LS and a buddy of mine has a 2005(?) SRT4 Neon and is always getting under my skin that his car is faster then mine. I understand that weight is a huge factor between the two but I'm constantly having to justify why I won't street race or race at a drag strip. Street racing is illegal and dangerous is why I refuse to do that but as far as strips, I won't unless its another muscle car.

Am I wrong when I say for it to be fair I'd have to add either a Turbo or supercharger to mine just to even it or when he shows me a video of a stage 3 turbo neon against a stock SS that's not far odds and its like a little lap dog barking at a full size dog? Isn't that why there's classes when racing? You wouldn't put a formula 1 against a nascar and call that fair

Thanks guys, after two years its really starting to bug me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
I forgot to mention he's 21 and I'm 24. And the looks I get are always a good feeling, especially the female variety, while he gets none unless its a teen who just watched fast and furious. Am I right though they're different classes so its not a valid statement?
A race is a race is a race is a race. Just race him if you want to, if you don't want to because you're scared his car will mop yours, then just don't race him and call it a day. It's not a valid statement. They are street cars. When I go to the track, I don't look at a GT-R next to me and say "Well you have two less cylinders but also twin turbos, I don't wanna race". You just run your car and whatever the outcome is, that's what it is. There will always be someone faster. Some a lot faster, some barely faster to the point where if you can improve your driving you may be able to beat them.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
Stealthpanda

 
Stealthpanda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Dann, its a neon!!! dont sweat it. It has as much appeal as a bag of #^%$#^

Im just saying... Its just a neon. This guy sounds like a dbag....
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
Taintedveins
Shark attack!
 
Taintedveins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,562
From she is out of my league, "Not even the creator of the Neon drives a Neon...."
__________________
Taintedveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
maverickmage
 
Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
I forgot to mention he's 21 and I'm 24. And the looks I get are always a good feeling, especially the female variety, while he gets none unless its a teen who just watched fast and furious. Am I right though they're different classes so its not a valid statement?
They're not different classes. It's not like you're comparing your car to a purpose built race car or anything. Just admit to your friend that he'll beat you in a car race.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
A race is a race is a race is a race. Just race him if you want to, if you don't want to because you're scared his car will mop yours, then just don't race him and call it a day. It's not a valid statement. They are street cars. When I go to the track, I don't look at a GT-R next to me and say "Well you have two less cylinders but also twin turbos, I don't wanna race". You just run your car and whatever the outcome is, that's what it is. There will always be someone faster. Some a lot faster, some barely faster to the point where if you can improve your driving you may be able to beat them.
agreed!! Line them up and see what happens! For all we know your buddy might choke and red light, fall asleep at the tree, blow his launch, etc.... You just never know!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,513
Don't sweat it. If he's stock, throw on some mods and you will hang with him. If he's been modding it, then just let it go. Once you go FI then you can keep adding power until it grenades, so there's nothing you can do to keep up with him unless you want to play the same game. You always have him beat in the sexy factor.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,768
This is a case of someone being scared that they just might get beat by a 4 banger POS. Don't sweat it, you can't win them all ,and no one has the fastest car. There is always someone faster.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This is a case of someone being scared that they just might get beat by a 4 banger POS. Don't sweat it, you can't win them all ,and no one has the fastest car. There is always someone faster.
+1


Can't stand getting beat by a faster import car? Shoulda got the v8.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
45thAnniversary2SS

 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,232
Just wanted to reiterate...it's a neon. I wouldn't give him the time of day.
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
It's an srt4. Big difference actually. I've seen modded srt4s demolish corvettes and camaros alike on the strip. Of course they have their flaws and they are god awful ugly cars, but they can get very very fast for almost nothing money wise.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
AzItaliaSS
 
AzItaliaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GILBERT,ARIZONA
Posts: 501
lots of cars can get very very fast if you add to them but does that change the fact its a neon? NOPE! you can put T@#S on a boar and its still a boar! you can make a civic run in the 9's and 10's with engine swaps, greddy turbos, missing headlights, no seats, gutted with roll bars, but its still a old hatch civic in the end.
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #19
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
lots of cars can get very very fast if you add to them but does that change the fact its a neon? NOPE! you can put T@#S on a boar and its still a boar!
But it'll be a boar with nice tits.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
AzItaliaSS
 
AzItaliaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GILBERT,ARIZONA
Posts: 501
and that works ,if your into boars lol
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
and that works ,if your into boars lol
A man who eats both good and bad...still eats twice as much And by the way, a stock 03 SRT-4 Neon runs on average low 14s at about 101mph, the 04s are a tad quicker with a few hero runs down to a 13.7@103
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
AzItaliaSS
 
AzItaliaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GILBERT,ARIZONA
Posts: 501
yeah and I saw srt chargers running mid 14's at firebird two weeks ago so what is the point?
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
yeah and I saw srt chargers running mid 14's at firebird two weeks ago so what is the point?
Guy was probably reaching for his Metamucil
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
AzItaliaSS
 
AzItaliaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GILBERT,ARIZONA
Posts: 501
I figured.. yeah they didnt do very well that night.
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
1985airborne
NOT GIVING ONE F&*K
 
1985airborne's Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK SS 2010 & 2009 SUBURBAN Z71
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC NJ NY DMV
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Dann, its a neon!!! dont sweat it. It has as much appeal as a ladybug
WELL SAID LMAO!
__________________
L99 W/TVS2300 W/COG DRIVE, HENNESSEY CAI, ARH HEADERS, CORSA EXHAUST, RX DV CC, ZL1 6 PISTON BRAKES, CTS-V ROTORS, ZL1 FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS, MSD FVBP, ZR1 3BAR MAP SENSOR, ID 850's, PCM TRANS COOLER, YANK 2800, JRE ST, MELLING HV OP, ECS BIG BLOWER CAM, PAC SPRINGS, GM CNC PORTED HEADS, C5R TC, ARP HEAD/CAM/CRANK BOLTS, COMP CAM TRUNION UPGRADE, LS9 HEAD GASKETS, ZL1 FUEL PUMP, NGK TR7, 160 TSAT, GOODRIDGE STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, GM BLADE DOVE TAIL SPOILER, HEAD LIGHT ARMOR STEALTH HEAD/SIDE/REAR LIGHTS, ZL1 ACCEL/BRAKE PEDALS, H.U.D., NITTO 555R

592HP 699RWTQ
1985airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explanation for my LONG absence 80Zedder Off-topic Discussions 46 01-15-2012 08:43 PM
Tune Explanation? orangejuice Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 3 08-31-2011 11:36 AM
Why threads get closed with no explanation liquidsmoke Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 18 03-14-2011 12:06 AM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.