Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
maverickmage
 
Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
+1


Can't stand getting beat by a faster import car? Shoulda got the v8.
lol wut? The faster car here is a domestic. We're talking about a DODGE neon srt-4. And this car can put up a damn good fight (with slight mods) with the v8 camaro for half the price when it was new with half the cylinders.

Sure... in the end, it's still a neon. But credit to where credit's due.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
lol wut? The faster car here is a domestic. We're talking about a DODGE neon srt-4. And this car can put up a damn good fight (with slight mods) with the v8 camaro for half the price when it was new with half the cylinders.

Sure... in the end, it's still a neon. But credit to where credit's due.
It's a Mitsubishi motor. But yeah I goofed lol. And I know the srt4 is fast. Read my other post
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
lots of cars can get very very fast if you add to them but does that change the fact its a neon? NOPE! you can put T@#S on a boar and its still a boar! you can make a civic run in the 9's and 10's with engine swaps, greddy turbos, missing headlights, no seats, gutted with roll bars, but its still a old hatch civic in the end.
So when that car that's "just a neon" rips the bumper off of your "muscle car" are you gonna talk shit about how it looks? No. Your gonna shut your mouth and go back to the pits to leave the track. Remember, the camaro is able to be modded also, but it's still a camaro. Your logic is flawed somewhat. If my "fast" sports car gets beat by a car with almost 2/3 less displacement, I'm gonna give him props. Not tell him his car looks like my moms...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
So when that car that's "just a neon" rips the bumper off of your "muscle car" are you gonna talk shit about how it looks? No. Your gonna shut your mouth and go back to the pits to leave the track. Remember, the camaro is able to be modded also, but it's still a camaro. Your logic is flawed somewhat. If my "fast" sports car gets beat by a car with almost 2/3 less displacement, I'm gonna give him props. Not tell him his car looks like my moms...
Ok... I've got a bit of experience in the whole "I can't believe I just lost to THAT" department, with the Flex... being that it is a "sleeper of serious proportions" (heard that this weekend! LOL).

Here is what I've found... the newbies at the track, that maybe have their cars out there for the first time... well, they are already a bit disappointed because they can't rip off those magazine times... then I come along and beat on them... yeah, they pretty much just whimper home....

HOWEVER, the more experienced track guys... they come running over!!! They want to LEARN more about my Flex and everything I've done!! I've had numerous guys come over to tell me they were LAUGHING at me when they first seen me, but then they seen me run and they stopped laughing... and they took the time to come over and give me "props"!!!

Now as far as the whole, "still a neon"... I think the "props" depends more on the drivers attitude... If they have the "ricer" mentality, I don't care how fast there car is... but if they have a more down to earth, true race-track junkie attitude then definitely "props"!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
UtG
 
Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Now as far as the whole, "still a neon"... I think the "props" depends more on the drivers attitude... If they have the "ricer" mentality, I don't care how fast there car is... but if they have a more down to earth, true race-track junkie attitude then definitely "props"!!!
Exactly...i got a friend with an SRT4 and another one with a Turbo'ed Scion tC. Both are pretty cool builds the SRT4 has never beat me (close but no cigar) but the Turbo'ed Scion handed me my ass when i was stock...now its the other way around. Both are great guys and will gladely give them props on their cars.

Now the kid down the street who has an SRT4 who likes letting me hear his blowoff valve when im washing my car...and wont run me at the track but still likes to talk all kinds of SH!T. He will never get props from me till he grows up, and even then its only a maybe.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
GR8PUMKN
UNION MADE
 
GR8PUMKN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 inferno orange SSRS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nassau county
Posts: 157
I will say this. A true stage 3 neon is going to hand an ss driver his ass. They are extremely light and just as fast with a big turbo and supporting mods. 99 times out of 100 he gonna light you up!!so what. No one wins every race! I have raced vettes and won by a lot with my ss. I also ran aMITSUBISHI ECLIPSE(girls car) tsx... He pulled like 5 cars In one gear on me!! That hurt!! But hey. Can't win em all. Moral of the story; he has prolly been picked on so much for driving a neon that he made it so he could have something to say.400+wheel horsepower in a car that barely weighs 3000lbs( if that) is going to be fast!!! Race him from a light maybe he light up his tires and you win. If not oh well
GR8PUMKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #32
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
that why i told him to not sweat it, he has the v6 so I would think it would be expected he is not exactly gonna be running drags every night.
I go to the drag strip every other weekend, so what's your point?
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #33
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,930
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
as far as strips, I won't unless its another muscle car.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #34
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
+1


Can't stand getting beat by a faster import car? Shoulda got the v8.
lol...and still get beat. Even more embarrassing. Oh, and it is domestic.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #35
archtaan
 
Drives: car
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 298
Trust me. There is ALWAYS someone faster. Don't worry about it and keep it off the streets.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #36
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtaan View Post
Trust me. There is ALWAYS someone faster. Don't worry about it and keep it off the streets.
Jesus H...1000+ rwhp and rwtq!!!! Not much faster than you out there other than stuff that's fired from a weapon.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #37
iHasCamaro
 
Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 367
I've beaten a lot of turbo Hondas over the years because they blow up on the line or snap an axle, or the engine is breaking up to much to run at full boost. Plus high-HP fwd cars are difficult to launch. Go race him. If you are a good driver you might catch him sleeping at the light, he might spin out, and he might break it doing a burnout. You never know till you try. Neons can be quick but they are all old by now, and kids do half-assed jobs doing mods.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #38
jlawrence613
 
jlawrence613's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Jesus H...1000+ rwhp and rwtq!!!! Not much faster than you out there other than stuff that's fired from a weapon.
HAHAha. This made me laugh. It's nice though to see a guy with that much HP still be cool and down to Earth.

To be honest, I'd secretly hate being beaten by it. But thats the name of the game, run what you brung.

V8 guys, do you feel a certain way being beaten by a V6? Less sting if it's supercharged? Just really curious...
__________________
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
It's an srt4. Big difference actually. I've seen modded srt4s demolish corvettes and camaros alike on the strip. Of course they have their flaws and they are god awful ugly cars, but they can get very very fast for almost nothing money wise.
Lot's of "little" killer cars out there. I had my arse handed to me by a Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah, it was humiliating. But I got over it.
__________________


Help make it happen for Fast Myles Racing '15 TRAK Kart Racing Sponsorship http://igg.me/p/fast-myles-racing-15...ship/x/9223957 #indiegogo via @indiegogo
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #40
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... I've got a bit of experience in the whole "I can't believe I just lost to THAT" department, with the Flex... being that it is a "sleeper of serious proportions" (heard that this weekend! LOL).

Here is what I've found... the newbies at the track, that maybe have their cars out there for the first time... well, they are already a bit disappointed because they can't rip off those magazine times... then I come along and beat on them... yeah, they pretty much just whimper home....

HOWEVER, the more experienced track guys... they come running over!!! They want to LEARN more about my Flex and everything I've done!! I've had numerous guys come over to tell me they were LAUGHING at me when they first seen me, but then they seen me run and they stopped laughing... and they took the time to come over and give me "props"!!!

Now as far as the whole, "still a neon"... I think the "props" depends more on the drivers attitude... If they have the "ricer" mentality, I don't care how fast there car is... but if they have a more down to earth, true race-track junkie attitude then definitely "props"!!!
I'd kill to see your Flex run. I love when preconceived notions get smashed, even mine. It's part of what makes life interesting.
__________________


Help make it happen for Fast Myles Racing '15 TRAK Kart Racing Sponsorship http://igg.me/p/fast-myles-racing-15...ship/x/9223957 #indiegogo via @indiegogo
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
NoWRX
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 STi - World Rally Blue
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
A race is a race is a race is a race. Just race him if you want to, if you don't want to because you're scared his car will mop yours, then just don't race him and call it a day. It's not a valid statement. They are street cars. When I go to the track, I don't look at a GT-R next to me and say "Well you have two less cylinders but also twin turbos, I don't wanna race". You just run your car and whatever the outcome is, that's what it is. There will always be someone faster. Some a lot faster, some barely faster to the point where if you can improve your driving you may be able to beat them.
Bingo. A fast car is a fast car. With all due respect, you drive a Camaro, not a Ferrari. I wouldn't be walking around acting like my shit doesnt stink because you're not exactly driving an exotic super car yourself, let alone puss out because you know you're going to get your ass kicked and don't want to make it official.

Srt-4 Neons aint no joke. They can be made to be very fast little cars with minimal work. They're worthy of respect.
NoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #42
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Lot's of "little" killer cars out there. I had my arse handed to me by a Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah, it was humiliating. But I got over it.
There used to be a guy running the track and streets around here with a yellow neon with a huge turbo and more mods than you can list on a piece of notebook paper. It was the fastest thing I have ever seen.... When the driver could get it to hook. Most times on the track he either melted the clutch or smoked the tires thru the first 330'. Amazingly fast car but it has flaws. He just couldnt put a big enough tire under the front. But the only thing that could really beat it were the fastest cars around here (street car wise that is) and most of them were 10 second cars.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #43
Gordo
 
Gordo's Avatar
 
Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Unknown
Posts: 188
I wouln't give a $hit if it out run a 800 rwhp SS,it still a neon only thing gayer is pt cruiser.
__________________
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who could never repay you.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #44
=Stephens=


 
=Stephens='s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kearney, Nebraska
Posts: 3,460
I would blow it off. I had one want to race me, and I said sure, but I will race him with my 4 cylinder and not my V6. And I said let's make it interesting and race for titles, if he's so confident he would win. So we went out to the drag strip later that day and I rolled up on this and he backed out.


In the end, your car looks way cooler and who cares if someone else is faster. There will always be someone faster even if it is a neon.
__________________
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #45
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
I wouln't give a $hit if it out run a 800 rwhp SS,it still a neon only thing gayer is pt cruiser.
If that helps you sleep at night.................
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #46
Gordo
 
Gordo's Avatar
 
Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Unknown
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
If that helps you sleep at night.................
The 800 rwhp was Sarcasm,the part about the neon, well the truth always makes me sleep better
__________________
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who could never repay you.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #47
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,389
Haters are such simple minded people...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #48
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
The 800 rwhp was Sarcasm,the part about the neon, well the truth always makes me sleep better
Problem is, you'd be the guy more hurt over a loss to this car than someone that can actually be respectful.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #49
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
The 800 rwhp was Sarcasm,the part about the neon, well the truth always makes me sleep better
Again, whatever helps you sleep at night and it is also nice to know Denial is more than just a river in Egypt...........
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #50
Gordo
 
Gordo's Avatar
 
Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Unknown
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Again, whatever helps you sleep at night and it is also nice to know Denial is more than just a river in Egypt...........
Its called an opinion,if you think a 4 bannger neon with a huge wing on it is the end all in perfomance and style by all means that your opinion.
__________________
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who could never repay you.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explanation for my LONG absence 80Zedder Off-topic Discussions 46 01-15-2012 09:43 PM
Tune Explanation? orangejuice Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 3 08-31-2011 12:36 PM
Why threads get closed with no explanation liquidsmoke Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 18 03-14-2011 01:06 AM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.