Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
injector

Drives: LS3
inlet/outlet of stock SS LS3 muffler

hey guys,

I bought the car with flowmaster fitted on them and with no stock mufflers. Now that i been pulled by cops couple of time i'm looking to replace the current mods with stock mufflers and high flow catalytic converters.

The question is what is the inlet/outlet size of stock mufflers and any advice with regards to catalytic converters

have anyone tried this mod before and does it fit long tube headers
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
SSDan

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by injector View Post
hey guys,

I bought the car with flowmaster fitted on them and with no stock mufflers. Now that i been pulled by cops couple of time i'm looking to replace the current mods with stock mufflers and high flow catalytic converters.

The question is what is the inlet/outlet size of stock mufflers and any advice with regards to catalytic converters

have anyone tried this mod before and does it fit long tube headers
I'm sorry I don't know the inlet/outlet sizes but I run AR headers w/ HF cats and the stock mufflers. I didn't do the install - Vengeance did. But when I look under the car the connections look pretty straight forward. It looks like the stock mufflers connected with the AR system with little adjustment or cutting involved. My car is still pretty loud though on a cold start and when I have my foot in it. But if I'm easy on the gas pedal then I don't draw any undue attention.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
injector

Drives: LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
I'm sorry I don't know the inlet/outlet sizes but I run AR headers w/ HF cats and the stock mufflers. I didn't do the install - Vengeance did. But when I look under the car the connections look pretty straight forward. It looks like the stock mufflers connected with the AR system with little adjustment or cutting involved. My car is still pretty loud though on a cold start and when I have my foot in it. But if I'm easy on the gas pedal then I don't draw any undue attention.

I meant how many inches in diameter is used in connecting the muffler. I believe it is less than 3'' but not sure about the exact number. I just wanting to confirm this number to go about purchasing a High flow cats with the same measurement to fit the piping perfectly.
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
happycamper

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 AGM
I'm surprised you were pulled over with flowmasters. I didn't think they were excessively loud (had 'em on my previous V6).
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
310Driver
John

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Stock is 2.5"
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
NME
F(r)iend

Drives: '08 G8GT PBM
I've got two stock SS mufflers in my basement if ya want about 3,000 miles on 'em...
MonteSS DiabloSport 93 Octane Tune
Red Painted Calipers, Ceramic Pads
Cross drilled / slotted rotors, 20% tint
NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
I'm surprised you were pulled over with flowmasters. I didn't think they were excessively loud (had 'em on my previous V6).
That's what I'm saying! Pulled over by cops with just flowmasters? Even the Outlaws aren't that loud on a stock Camaro without headers or a cam.

Glad I don't live in Quatar.
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote