Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Talking So, Wednesday and Thursday are gonna be GOOD days!

Tomorrow, I'm dropping off my L99 at ADM Performance to get Stainless Works headers, ADM race intake w/ scoop, and a tune (getting rid of that stupid AFM)

----I have a muffler delete now, and Andy recommended I get the Magnaflow 3 inch exhaust because the muffler delete will be so loud. But I was thinking I should keep my muffler delete FOR NOW because I want to be LOUD and then if I get tired of it, I can always go back and get the Magnaflow... What are your thoughts?

-ANYWAYS, I'm happy my car will finally have some power and sound! I have waited too long for this!

..Picking up Thursday!
Attached Images

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
dont put a street maganflow exhaust on. way to quiet. but again i dont know much maganflow 3' you are talking about ? there is a street and comp version
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
dont put a street maganflow exhaust on. way to quiet. but again i dont know much maganflow 3' you are talking about ? there is a street and comp version
idk, he didnt say which he had...

Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
If it's the same one I got from Andy it's the 3" competition magnaflow p/n 16483. It is fairly quiet at idle but it screams when you stand on it. Mine has gotten louder with time.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
If it's the same one I got from Andy it's the 3" competition magnaflow p/n 16483. It is fairly quiet at idle but it screams when you stand on it. Mine has gotten louder with time.
so does yours kinda sound like this?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
so does yours kinda sound like this?
Yes it does. Although mine is a bit louder. I think it maybe due to the fact I've had it on the car for 6500 miles or so.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
1sikRS

Drives: chevy
Stainless works retro chamber ull never look at another system especially w long tubes
1sikRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
DuhKoDuh

Just dropped my car off at ADM. Should have a dyno video and exhaust video up soon cant wait!!! first engine mods!!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
yessitsfast

Drives: 2010 camaro
i have lt headers and had a muffler delete and recently had my stock mufflers put back on because it is way way too loud. im talking airplane loud at anywhere past 3000 rpm. i felt my ears were ringing after a 30 min. ride so get ready for 360 degrees wall of loudness anytime you "give it gas"
yessitsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #10
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessitsfast View Post
i have lt headers and had a muffler delete and recently had my stock mufflers put back on because it is way way too loud. im talking airplane loud at anywhere past 3000 rpm. i felt my ears were ringing after a 30 min. ride so get ready for 360 degrees wall of loudness anytime you "give it gas"
does it sound good though? or is it like a nasty obnoxious loud?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So....what did you decide on the cat-back?

I have the 3" Magnaflow (which, BTW, there is only one 3" system. It's the 2.5" that has the street or comp version). Mine sounds very similar to what is posted in the video but a little louder as well. I think that's mostly contributed to the mic on the camera. It's hard to capture the sound vs in person.

If you want it loud....stick with your current cat back. Like you said, you can always add it later. However, be prepared....you might draw unwanted attention. I like my 3" Magnaflow with the LTs but I wouldn't want it any quieter by any means.

I hope to have mine back in at ADM by the end of the week or beginning of next week for a set of 3.91 gears.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So....what did you decide on the cat-back?

I have the 3" Magnaflow (which, BTW, there is only one 3" system. It's the 2.5" that has the street or comp version). Mine sounds very similar to what is posted in the video but a little louder as well. I think that's mostly contributed to the mic on the camera. It's hard to capture the sound vs in person.

If you want it loud....stick with your current cat back. Like you said, you can always add it later. However, be prepared....you might draw unwanted attention. I like my 3" Magnaflow with the LTs but I wouldn't want it any quieter by any means.

I hope to have mine back in at ADM by the end of the week or beginning of next week for a set of 3.91 gears.
well its at ADM now and I cant decide what i want... can you post pics of your mufflers please?
unwanted attention?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
caverman

Quote:
well its at ADM now and I cant decide what i want... can you post pics of your mufflers please?
Mine are the same as what's in the posted video. I don't really have any pics of just the mufflers nor have I taken any video since they've been installed. I've been meaning do to that....I don't think I've seen anyone with any in-cabin video.

Too bad I didn't know you wanted to hear it. I could've taken you for a ride at that meet last month. I think you were there.

Quote:
unwanted attention?
Yeah...as in the Cops or pissed off neighbors. I've heard that setup and it's definately loud. Probably the loudest thing you're going to get short of open headers or cutouts.

Drone might be pretty bad as well but I haven't ridden in that setup to say for sure.

Like you said though....you can always add it later. Although I'll say that from reading posts on here most people do end up adding mufflers or switching catbacks after running with Lts/muffler delete for a while.

I'll also say that I've heard the Borla S with LTs up against my 3" Magnaflow with LTs and IMO they were very similar. Matter fact I don't think you would tell much difference unless they were side by side like the test we did.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Mine are the same as what's in the posted video. I don't really have any pics of just the mufflers nor have I taken any video since they've been installed. I've been meaning do to that....I don't think I've seen anyone with any in-cabin video.

Too bad I didn't know you wanted to hear it. I could've taken you for a ride at that meet last month. I think you were there.

Yeah...as in the Cops or pissed off neighbors. I've heard that setup and it's definately loud. Probably the loudest thing you're going to get short of open headers or cutouts.

Drone might be pretty bad as well but I haven't ridden in that setup to say for sure.

Like you said though....you can always add it later. Although I'll say that from reading posts on here most people do end up adding mufflers or switching catbacks after running with Lts/muffler delete for a while.

I'll also say that I've heard the Borla S with LTs up against my 3" Magnaflow with LTs and IMO they were very similar. Matter fact I don't think you would tell much difference unless they were side by side like the test we did.
ok thanks! i have heard borla s with lt's and i thought it was pretty quite, adm hasnt got back with me so i guess ill find out what they did when i get there

Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
caverman

Quote:
ok thanks! i have heard borla s with lt's and i thought it was pretty quite, adm hasnt got back with me so i guess ill find out what they did when i get there
Sounds like you should give the muffler delete a try then.

If that doesn't work out look at maybe the Stainless Works retro cat-back. Or, maybe just have a set of Flowmaster mufflers installed.

There is a real good muffler shop not to far from ADM (Lewisville Muffler). If I remember correct the owners name was Jason. Nice guy and did nice work for a reasonable price.
Build Journal
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
caverman

BTW: which headers did you go with?

Your going to be loving you car all over again after picking it up.
Build Journal
Old 04-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
BTW: which headers did you go with?

Your going to be loving you car all over again after picking it up.
they are putting Stainless works on there!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Stay with the m. delete. You can always add later.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
DuhKoDuh

MUFFLER DELETE IT IS! )) HERES THE FINALLY PRODUCT!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Sounds good to me.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;