Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Blu808

Drives: Hankook Formula Drift Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Blu808 Send a message via Yahoo to Blu808
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Right now here all I have:
530rwhp
Jba full 3" competition exhaust
Whipple 2.9l 9psi
Ported throttle body

We never pinned the crank or installed a boost a pump.

I'm looking at long term power. I drive this car every single day, so my absolute next step is suspension, but this thread is focused on everything after that. I've been thinking I could throw a camshaft on it, but in the future what if I decide to stroke to a 416 or go with the lsx or 427 because I want more.

I Can't decide which would be better or more cost efficient, just stroking the engine to a 416 or dropping in a totally new engine, or just adding a camshaft and go from there Or maybe even a route I haven't thought of. Im not really sure what my goals are. I guess to keep building progressively over time, and then stop once it's impossible to daily.

What would you guys do? I know if I add anything else I'll need to upgrade the fuel system and pin the crank, probably start reinforcing the engine too.

So given my current daily driver build, what would be YOUR next step
It really depends on if you want to build your car in stages or not. We can start with a cam for you, but also recommend upgrading the valvetrain parts as well (springs, pushrods, retainers, etc), which will require pulling off the heads. That will give you a nice bump in power alone. If you decide to go to a bigger engine down the road, you can always keep the cam.

On the other hand we can also help you out with stroking your engine as well. We worked with Pyr0b0y on building his 418 stroker motor which has forged internals. You can either have your engine pulled out and sent out or buy a new engine from a company and sell your old one. We work with Mast Motorsports and they can take care of installing a cam while building the engine.

With the new engine, you can either go with forced induction, or we can build a high compression N/A motor that makes a ton of power.

Hope that helps and feel free to call or PM us for more info!
Blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
to me the best setup is new engine. but its not best choice if you want to save money. honestly you already put a lot into your current engine i would keep that for now, and my next setup for more power if i was you would be a cam. but i am far from a expert, i see decent amount of people amount of people running cam/S/C setups.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I would only get a new engine if I could Also use my current whipple on that engine

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote