Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
J666
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lower Mainland
Posts: 328
Zl-1 prices in a year or two from now?

Would it be possible in purchasing a '12 ZL-1 (or '13) for around 40K in a year or two? We paid close to $50K in '09 for our 2LT RS, and now it's worth $25 . Never again.

What do you guys think?
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
JPC
 
Drives: 2012 Boss 302
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 67
yes, it will happen for sure.
Take a look at 2yr old ZR1...new was 110k+++
I seen used (IE 5k mi) cant sell for $80k
There will be many ZL1 owners who will change their mind or will be shocked with the cost of service and trade them in or TRY to sell.

Many big budget buyers wont want a used one...
.....look for one in Jan/Feb months...no one buys a performance car in the snow

This is what I did, I bought a used 12 Boss 3800mi loaded from Ford dealer with CPO warranty for under $38k....that's about $10k less than new and it was only 6months old.

Prices on used performance cars go only one way....
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
alex33x
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 688
I'll just repost:

I paid 38k for my 2SS/RS and I got $32,500 for it as a trade in, granted my dealer just called a guy who buys modded cars and made an offer. My dealer still got it as a trade it\n.

No mods I could still have got 27-28k at least, it lost 10k of it's value over 3 years. So that figure he mentioned does not add up for 1 year, it wont go down to 40k in a year, maybe in about 4-5 years.

P.S. I dont know why you sould pay close to 50k for a 2LT. I got my car on May of 2009, it was among the first to be produced and it was nowhere near that for 2SS. Don't fall for dealer mark ups, that is the lesso here.
__________________
Devliered July 20, 2012
alex33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
I'll just repost:

I paid 38k for my 2SS/RS and I got $32,500 for it as a trade in, granted my dealer just called a guy who buys modded cars and made an offer. My dealer still got it as a trade it\n.

No mods I could still have got 27-28k at least, it lost 10k of it's value over 3 years. So that figure he mentioned does not add up for 1 year, it wont go down to 40k in a year, maybe in about 4-5 years.

P.S. I dont know why you sould pay close to 50k for a 2LT. I got my car on May of 2009, it was among the first to be produced and it was nowhere near that for 2SS. Don't fall for dealer mark ups, that is the lesso here.
The OP states in his avatar that he lives in the lower Mainland, maybe he lives on an Island and that is why he paid an exorbitant amount for his car (yikes, almost double I say) and now he claims his car is valued at 25k, just bout what the normal value of a slightly used Camaro 2LT.

MSRP for a 2LT/RS is approximately $31K. I would say someone didn't do their homework :(
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
JMAN311

 
JMAN311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,191
I paid $35K for my 2010 2SS/RS in 2009, had it for 2 yrs, left it totally stock, and got $30K for it when I got the Infiniti M45 I have now.

I would hope that ZL1's aren't going to lose value that quickly, but if so, that's just how it goes. It'll easily lose $5K just by driving it off the lot. That's why I refuse to pay over sticker.
__________________
There just might be a 2016 Camaro or Corvette in my future...
_____________________________________________
Previous Chevy's
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
JMAN311

 
JMAN311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
The OP states in his avatar that he lives in the lower Mainland, maybe he lives on an Island and that is why he paid an exorbitant amount for his car (yikes, almost double I say) and now he claims his car is valued at 25k, just bout what the normal value of a slightly used Camaro 2LT.

MSRP for a 2LT/RS is approximately $31K. I would say someone didn't do their homework :(
Lower Mainland = Canada
__________________
There just might be a 2016 Camaro or Corvette in my future...
_____________________________________________
Previous Chevy's
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC View Post
yes, it will happen for sure.
Take a look at 2yr old ZR1...new was 110k+++
I seen used (IE 5k mi) cant sell for $80k
There will be many ZL1 owners who will change their mind or will be shocked with the cost of service and trade them in or TRY to sell.

Many big budget buyers wont want a used one...
.....look for one in Jan/Feb months...no one buys a performance car in the snow

This is what I did, I bought a used 12 Boss 3800mi loaded from Ford dealer with CPO warranty for under $38k....that's about $10k less than new and it was only 6months old.

Prices on used performance cars go only one way....
you're comparing apples to oranges
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Lower Mainland = Canada
Thank you
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
JMAN311

 
JMAN311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Thank you
np, I was suspecting as much when I first read $50K for 2LT
__________________
There just might be a 2016 Camaro or Corvette in my future...
_____________________________________________
Previous Chevy's
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
np, I was suspecting as much when I first read $50K for 2LT
Is that normal in Canada?
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
JMAN311

 
JMAN311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Is that normal in Canada?
It was back in 2009 when I got my car, alot of them were having to pay tens of thousands more even though the cars were built in Canada, lots of threads on the subject back in the day. Not sure what happened with GM and Canadian prices from then to now. Might be an exchange rate thing



P.S. to all our Canadian friends, please forgive my ignorance if my post is totally off
__________________
There just might be a 2016 Camaro or Corvette in my future...
_____________________________________________
Previous Chevy's
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,181
Well our dollar is worth roughly $1.10 American Dollars so your crappy economy clearly has helped us slightly, though the Canadian government will never admit it....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #13
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
50 k is still way too much to pay for a 2lt even in Canada. Somebody got ripped off...
__________________
2012 ZL1
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #14
JMAN311

 
JMAN311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Well our dollar is worth roughly $1.10 American Dollars so your crappy economy clearly has helped us slightly, though the Canadian government will never admit it....
Right now it seems to be almost even on the conversion rates I've found (1.0097 USD) Isn't the main reason because since GM is a US company they are having to import them back into Canada and therefore you guys have to pay more for the taxes/fees/tariffs they get charged?
__________________
There just might be a 2016 Camaro or Corvette in my future...
_____________________________________________
Previous Chevy's
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edmunds CEO: If you can wait to buy, wait. Hetfield03 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 05-22-2011 05:12 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Camaro wins Consumer Internet Car of the Year Award (over GT500 & Taurus SHO)! Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 30 02-11-2010 02:09 PM
1st year Camaro convertible production set at 20,000 cars. Magna to build roof. Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 52 02-09-2010 09:53 AM
Silverado 2007 Truck Of The Year KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 12-21-2006 12:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.