Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
GM Parts House
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,113
Questions for those who financed through PenFed

I recently refinanced my Harley through PenFed with a APR rate drop from 9.8% to 6.49%. I got the check and literature and forms today.

In the insurance affidavit that I have to give State Farm, PenFed REQUIRES a maximum Comp and Collision deductable of $500. I currently have my deductible at $1000 COmp/Collision.

Anyhow, the refinance saves me $13 a month, but the insurance hike to a $500 deductible will cost me $23 a month.

I also was approved for the full price for the 2SS. Does ANYONE know after reviewing their literature for their Camaro what minimum or maximum Comp/Collision coverages are required?

To be honest, the rates are great, but another company at 4.70% requires only $1000 C/C coverage and that is a HUGE savings, even if going with the higher interest rate. You may pay more monthly payment for car, but the insurance rate will be much lower.

Food for thought.
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Camaroyoung
 
Camaroyoung's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 262
Good point
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
edog


 
edog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: F'BURG VA
Posts: 3,682
I have state farm, and have been quoted 48 dollars a month increase to my current coverage with a 500 deductible. I have two other vehicles with them and a home. I have been with them for 11 years, and I live in a pretty decent area of the state. Lower crime than others.

I did see the small print from PenFed. I went right by it because it did not pertain to me.

I am getting a new car rate at 3.99% for 60, or 4.75% for 72, or the payment saver rate at 4.25% at 72 months. I am still undecided. I have a few weeks to go to make up my mind.

Used rates are also at 3.99%, can't you refinance for a lower percentage to get a better payment? The payments could be lower the other route, but you will pay more for the vehicle.
__________________
NOVI1500 ECS SC, LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, 1-3/4 Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Pedders sways, endlinks, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. HP ?/TQ ? in process
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
where do you see the 500 deductible required? i was going with 1000 to save the insurance. also i keep finding more and more problems with penfed. I know it is also required to have 500 dollars in your account at all times, is there anything i am missing?

of course i have geico so maybe i could save some on insurance as they seem to be partnered up.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755
 
wooav8tor's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
where do you see the 500 deductible required? i was going with 1000 to save the insurance. also i keep finding more and more problems with penfed. I know it is also required to have 500 dollars in your account at all times, is there anything i am missing?

of course i have geico so maybe i could save some on insurance as they seem to be partnered up.
I was told when I opened up my account w/ Penfed that there was no requirment to maintain a minimum balance save the $5 that was necessary in order to open it.
wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
I was told when I opened up my account w/ Penfed that there was no requirment to maintain a minimum balance save the $5 that was necessary in order to open it.
oh hmm because on the website it says they want you to maintain a minimum balance.

hmmm ill have to call and figure it out. car shouldnt come in till late june (i pray the plant doesnt stop) so i have plenty of time
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I have state farm, and have been quoted 48 dollars a month increase to my current coverage with a 500 deductible. I have two other vehicles with them and a home. I have been with them for 11 years, and I live in a pretty decent area of the state. Lower crime than others.

I did see the small print from PenFed. I went right by it because it did not pertain to me.

I am getting a new car rate at 3.99% for 60, or 4.75% for 72, or the payment saver rate at 4.25% at 72 months. I am still undecided. I have a few weeks to go to make up my mind.

Used rates are also at 3.99%, can't you refinance for a lower percentage to get a better payment? The payments could be lower the other route, but you will pay more for the vehicle.
What is the payment saver rate? That's the first I've heard of it... it's lower than the regular 72-month rate, so what's the catch? Thanks
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,625
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
i didnt see that it said you needed a 500 dollar requirement! where does it say this?
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
i didnt see that it said you needed a 500 dollar requirement! where does it say this?
it says all accounts need a 500 dollar min. maybe i just assumed you needed an account to take out the loan? but as others have said you dont, so that works too


edit here is what it says for a checking account "No monthly service fee with a minimum monthly balance of $500.00 or Direct Deposit of net pay (minimum $500 monthly)" but if an account isnt needed for a loan then it doesnt matter
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,655
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Only needed $5 to open the account. Didn't see anything about needing more to keep it open...
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Only needed $5 to open the account. Didn't see anything about needing more to keep it open...
oh for a savings account, i was assuming checking account
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,655
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
oh for a savings account, i was assuming checking account
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's all you needed to apply for a loan.
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
edog


 
edog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: F'BURG VA
Posts: 3,682
Payment saver loans.

New Autos 4.24% APR†
Used Autos 4.24% APR†
† Trucks and SUVs are not eligible as
Payment Saver Loan vehicle types.


How It Works
With Payment Saver Auto Loans, you will be able to make a lower payment than what the conventional auto loan would offer, yet at a higher interest rate. Then, at the end of the loan, you will owe the remaining balance of the loan itself. At this juncture, you may choose to payoff the loan or sell, trade, or refinance the vehicle.

Your Payment Saver Auto Loan payment is calculated based on the loan term, the amount you have requested, and the residual value of the vehicle. The residual is the expected value of your vehicle at the end of your loan term.

The difference between your loan amount requested and the residual value is amortized over the loan term, resulting in a low monthly payment without the danger of your becoming upside-down in the loan.

Loan Features
Ownership - The vehicle is yours, this is not a lease
No prepayment penalties
No wear and tear clause
We'll determine the residual value to estimate your vehicle's worth at the end of your loan*
Sell, trade, or refinance** at the end of your loan term
__________________
NOVI1500 ECS SC, LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, 1-3/4 Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Pedders sways, endlinks, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. HP ?/TQ ? in process
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,625
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Payment saver loans.

New Autos 4.24% APR†
Used Autos 4.24% APR†
† Trucks and SUVs are not eligible as
Payment Saver Loan vehicle types.


How It Works
With Payment Saver Auto Loans, you will be able to make a lower payment than what the conventional auto loan would offer, yet at a higher interest rate. Then, at the end of the loan, you will owe the remaining balance of the loan itself. At this juncture, you may choose to payoff the loan or sell, trade, or refinance the vehicle.

Your Payment Saver Auto Loan payment is calculated based on the loan term, the amount you have requested, and the residual value of the vehicle. The residual is the expected value of your vehicle at the end of your loan term.

The difference between your loan amount requested and the residual value is amortized over the loan term, resulting in a low monthly payment without the danger of your becoming upside-down in the loan.

Loan Features
Ownership - The vehicle is yours, this is not a lease
No prepayment penalties
No wear and tear clause
We'll determine the residual value to estimate your vehicle's worth at the end of your loan*
Sell, trade, or refinance** at the end of your loan term
sorry but i dont get this!?
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V6 Questions I'd Like Answered The_Blur Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 36 07-14-2012 11:44 AM
Camaro SS Questions. 500-600hp possible on stock internals? Gone Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 36 04-22-2009 09:04 PM
Few Questions I would like answered. dect 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 50 01-13-2009 01:52 PM
V8 Questions 96CAMaro Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 13 10-19-2008 10:25 PM
2010 Camaro Questions Th3Nigh7Stalk3r 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 10-17-2008 04:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.