Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
I want to bird hunt!

I just got my car back 1 1/2 ago, got a new paint and painted stripes..

I left it parked in the driveway like i normally do and it rained last Saturday night here where I live, even went out while it was a lite drizzle and kinda washed it.

I didnt go out on sunday at all.. monday morning, i find bird poop on hood, and roof! I was in a hurry and busy and honestly didnt make much of it and didnt get to wash the car till tuesday.

I dont know what in the world that darn bird or those birds ate, but looks like it actually etched the clear cloat..

I've bird poop before as i mentioned I park in the driveway and i've left it on for a week at times with no issues. I did notice the bird poop was not the ordinary greenish that when it dries, it turns white.

Any suggestions? or back to the bodyshop? :(

I want to hunt that darn bird!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
That's gonna require a polish. Idk if I would trust a body shop though. Most of them don't know how to use a rotary and that's all that they "think will get the job done."
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
That sucks. I've seen the acid in bird poop etch in less than hour. Being the paint is fresh I would swing it by the paint shop
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote