Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #57
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
oh okay so you're just portraying opinion as facts
As does everyon on this site that uses looks as the Camaros biggest (and sometimes i think only) selling point, but about the Viper, have you been in public around one? Just asking, because seriously, a ZR1 looks like any Vette you see 20 times a day, and Camaros are as common as Mustangs anymore. Viper is much more exotic and and not common, that alone gets it the looks. Go to some car shows or something and see what gets more attention. Could say i have done my own study haha.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #58
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
oh okay so you're just portraying opinion as facts
It is fact as stated, if at a car show and there is a dozen Vettes and one Viper, the Viper gets all the attention and that is fact.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #59
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
I hope GM does what Dodge didn't and that's give those of us that want one the option for an auto and I don't mean on the lower end model I want a f ing Z06. I would buy a Viper on the spot if they offered one.
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #60
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Apples or oranges OP?
Neither. Simply 2 people bringing them to the drag strip on a weekend.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #61
Dragnya
FUJIMO

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Mt
none of this really matters ! A Viper is still a Dodge ! And that equals junk, always has and always will be. Chrysler/Dodge has always been considered bottom of the rung in the car industry . I owned a Viper about five years ago for about two months, raggediest car Ive ever owned and Ive owned a bunch. It had decent power and tq but thats not everything, I can put decent power and tq in a lawnmower doesnt make it a high quality car. So to ever try and compare a ZR1 to a Viper is not fair to Dodge, Its like steak to Spam. Just look at the demand and on average resale value for Vipers and then look at the ZR1, there is a reason. Sorry Dodge guys just the facts. some of their cars do look good but the quality ? Yea not there. IMO !!! just my opinion And last time i checked we're still able to have one.
Dragnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #62
motorhead

Drives: POS MOPAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnya View Post
none of this really matters ! A Viper is still a Dodge ! And that equals junk, always has and always will be. Chrysler/Dodge has always been considered bottom of the rung in the car industry . I owned a Viper about five years ago for about two months, raggediest car Ive ever owned and Ive owned a bunch. It had decent power and tq but thats not everything, I can put decent power and tq in a lawnmower doesnt make it a high quality car. So to ever try and compare a ZR1 to a Viper is not fair to Dodge, Its like steak to Spam. Just look at the demand and on average resale value for Vipers and then look at the ZR1, there is a reason. Sorry Dodge guys just the facts. some of their cars do look good but the quality ? Yea not there. IMO !!! just my opinion And last time i checked we're still able to have one.
Once again your facts are clouded. I've owned many Chrysler products and some of them were the most dependable cars and trucks I ever owned. Their new stuff is very good and the workmanship is topnotch. My wife just bought a new Grand Cherokee and it's far beyond anything else we drove as far as refinement, build quality and style. I have to say, one of the worst cars I ever own was my 2010 camaro. It had more problems in a year than most cars have their whole life. I'm hoping it's just because it was an early run and I'm giving GM another chance with the purchase of a ZL1. But I guess we'll see.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #63
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
The question should be ZR1 vs. Viper.

Not ZL1 vs. Viper.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post

Not ZL1 vs. Viper.

THIS!!!!!!!
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #65
black12lt

Drives: black 1lt 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post

Not ZL1 vs. Viper.
+1
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #66
Dragnya
FUJIMO

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Once again your facts are clouded. I've owned many Chrysler products and some of them were the most dependable cars and trucks I ever owned. Their new stuff is very good and the workmanship is topnotch. My wife just bought a new Grand Cherokee and it's far beyond anything else we drove as far as refinement, build quality and style. I have to say, one of the worst cars I ever own was my 2010 camaro. It had more problems in a year than most cars have their whole life. I'm hoping it's just because it was an early run and I'm giving GM another chance with the purchase of a ZL1. But I guess we'll see.
Once again you are confused, the fact you own a jeep and like it better than your camaro is the essence of OPINION, The only fact i stated was the demand and value of the Viper compared to a ZR1 the rest as I stated is just my opinion. PS: im glad like your Grand Cherokee , I had one in 1995 , serious junk ! Im not a Dodge hater ive given them several chances, everytime junk ! And again thats my opinion ! And my opinion is not clouded.
Dragnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #67
motorhead

Drives: POS MOPAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnya View Post
Once again you are confused, the fact you own a jeep and like it better than your camaro is the essence of OPINION, The only fact i stated was the demand and value of the Viper compared to a ZR1 the rest as I stated is just my opinion. PS: im glad like your Grand Cherokee , I had one in 1995 , serious junk ! Im not a Dodge hater ive given them several chances, everytime junk ! And again thats my opinion ! And my opinion is not clouded.
Opinion has nothing to do with it. I have many service invoices for warranty work that will prove my Camaro to be very flawed. Your right in the fact that we haven't had the Jeep long enough to see if it will be problems ,but I can say from the initial quality it seems topnotch. I also have had many newer Chrylser products and all of them were good vehicles. Anybody can get a lemon from any make. I'm proof of that with my 2010 camaro ,but that doesn't mean they're all bad. And you're right, that's just your opinion and mine doesn't line up with your in this case which is fine. No hard feelings here.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #68
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
most american built cars are crap, regardless of marquee, fortunately, in the later years, the americans have been going to bed with european marks that have taught most american companies something about fit and finish on the interior. So many of the modern american built cars have improved greatly. now if the american brands can quit using the cheapest materials around, the parts will last a bit longer too.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #69
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
As does everyon on this site that uses looks as the Camaros biggest (and sometimes i think only) selling point, but about the Viper, have you been in public around one? Just asking, because seriously, a ZR1 looks like any Vette you see 20 times a day, and Camaros are as common as Mustangs anymore. Viper is much more exotic and and not common, that alone gets it the looks. Go to some car shows or something and see what gets more attention. Could say i have done my own study haha.
i would spend way more time looking at a zr1 than a viper. not that i dont like vipers i just like zr1's better.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #70
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE2000 View Post
Forget my above posting.. this is for the 2nd gen Viper... not the new 3rd. Still a feat though
The new car shown this week is technically the 5th generation of Viper.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote