Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Adams Waxs/polishes Whats the hype?

I been on the site a while now and was wondering about the Adams cleaning and detailing product. There is no one in my area selling the stuff and only heard of them on Camaro5. What sets there products apart from any of the others Mothers,Mequiars,ect..? I am always up for putting some good products on my shelf, and see they offer alot of items. Would like some feedback on there products. And what products you would recommend if any.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Jus1dab

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
They work. Great customer service. They even have how to videos on there website. Adamspolishes.com. Plus there products are made in the USA.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Just put in another big order today. Four gallons of assorted goodies for my cars. Love the products and service is the best.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Sometimes it's okay to believe the hype. This is one of those times.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
Sometimes it's okay to believe the hype. This is one of those times.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
mtbikerinme83

Drives: IMB 2SS/LS3-M6
I took a small sip of the Kool-aid and now I'm addicted to the stuff. I started with just their leather cleaner and leather conditioner, which worked far better than anything else I've found, Then I tried their VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire) and that worked awesome on my tires and the plastic on the rear valance and grill. I just used the stuff to fix a friends flat black stripes on he Charger that were all faded and grey. They have great products and their training videos are awsome too. If you buy their stuff, use Camaro5 as a coupon code to save 10%.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Quote:
I took a small sip of the Kool-aid
Oh no you didn't drink the Undercarraige Spray did you? It tastes ah smells just like grape koolaid.

Was a Zaino and Megs fan. A buddy let me try some of the detail spray awhile back and was hooked ever after. Love Adam's products and customer service second to none. Results speak for themselves imho.
Attached Images

Vengeance Racing 416 coming soon
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
I started with premium kit and now I'm almost done with interior clean, and I have some extras and gallons. It's a never ending addiction

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was looking at some of their starter kits and it is rediculous amount of money. I think I am going to stick with McGuirers.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valve Train, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, Trunion upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #10
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Let me put it this way. My wife this morning backed her Traverse into our mailbox. Bent the mailbox door and scratched the SUV on the passenger rear corner about 5 inches long. Nasty scuff but not through the paint. The only products to ever be applied to this vehicle or my SS is Adams.

When she got home from work i waterless washed the area and wiped it down ,whipped out my PC. Threw on the green pad and applied severe swirl and haze remover. set it to 5k and ran that over the scuff , scratches until satisfied. Threw on my orange pad and applied swirl and haze remover and set it to 4 and pressed it down to only orbit, not actually really rotate until satisfied. Then tossed on my white pad and some fine machine metal polish and finished it off. Then simply waxed it.

15 minutes later. I can't even tell there was a mark on the vehicle. PERFECT.. ADAMS FTW.

People are constantly amazed that my cars are daily drivers and look the way they do. Nothing but Adams will ever touch my cars.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
japitzer

Drives: 2011 black lt camaro
They are great, wont buy anything else
japitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I was looking at some of their starter kits and it is rediculous amount of money. I think I am going to stick with McGuirers.
start with a few of the items and work your way into to others. I started with some polish and wax... now I have a freakin garage full of their products. And why do I have so much, because they work. When they say "so easy an idiot can do it", they were talking about me. :( But I will tell you that when my car is detailed out, it looks damn good.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Start like the rest of us. A little of this and a little of that as the budget allows. I would start with the tire care kit of APC and VRT. Grit guards in HD buckets with the Adams wash pads & GW drying towels to hold down new dmage to paint (swrils).

Then maybe later move on to the paint correction with pads, PC etc...

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/co...ales/16950.htm

Last edited by Stex; 04-06-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Miller69 View Post
I been on the site a while now and was wondering about the Adams cleaning and detailing product. There is no one in my area selling the stuff and only heard of them on Camaro5. What sets there products apart from any of the others Mothers,Mequiars,ect..? I am always up for putting some good products on my shelf, and see they offer alot of items. Would like some feedback on there products. And what products you would recommend if any.
APC, Super VRT, aplicator tire care/trim kit http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-510-a...rim-combo.aspx
grit guard
Great white towels
Wash pads..some for top part of car and some for bottom
fender and boars brush
If paint correct needed, their system is easy and good
their car soap is good, I use perls
Machine wax and other wax are good, I just prefer the Z2 or 5
Leather products good..I just prefer the Z here too
Carpet cleaner is great
their appiicators are good
I now buy APC and detail spray by the gallon

Example of their product and instruction process:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-724-a...g-pad-kit.aspx
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by japitzer View Post
They are great, wont buy anything else
+1 and threw away all my other products
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Lol this is not the forum to be questioning the almighty Adams.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
cam fan

Drives: fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Lol this is not the forum to be questioning the almighty Adams.
this.

I don't like buying into the hype too.

I took the approach of sampling some Adam's stuff. That saved the wallet initially.

The products do what they advertise & that is the main selling point. For example, Windex is great but you NEVER spray, wipe & get perfect glass like in the commercials. With Adam's glass cleaner you spray a little, wipe & then its perfect - you are done in 30 seconds.

Try other stuff though. I like ONE waterless wash but of course people rave about Adam's waterless wash.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #18
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Ive been waxing cars for 48 years. I have used all kinds of waxes from Turtle wax to Kit wax, Mothers, Meguiars,carnuba.. I have a 2010 SS IBM and I went to the Good Guys aito show and finally broke down bought a bottle of green swirl remover and butter wax...The flys cant landon my car without sliding off and the shine if your not wearing UV protected sunglasses you will burn your retinas out.

You wpent 40k on your car spend a couple of hundred an polishes from Adams I assure you, you will never try another. I just ordered the tire spray and the detailer spray..

No I dont work for Adams...
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Great products-Just placed another order yesterday. You won't be sorry!
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Like the others said start off small and work your way up, just a 18 year old kid working at publix and have bought maybe close to $1000 worth of product and wont touch an OTC product unless its just detail spray to get me through that rough patch
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks for all the kindness guys! We appreciate all your business.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
StoopDude

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Thanks for all the kindness guys! We appreciate all your business.
thanks for the great Customer service and products!!
Xbox Live: StoopDude
PSN: StoopDude
StoopDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
TangoKilo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IBM A6
Ok. I took the bait. Just ordered the Adam's Premium Hand Polish & Car Wax Kit. My Camaro shipped on 4/10/2012 so I will be using this on virgin paint when I take delivery. Wish me luck!
TangoKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
Ok. I took the bait. Just ordered the Adam's Premium Hand Polish & Car Wax Kit. My Camaro shipped on 4/10/2012 so I will be using this on virgin paint when I take delivery. Wish me luck!
Call the dealer and tell them not to touch it or prep it that you will take the plastics off yourself or else the hand kit won't be enough.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #25
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Call the dealer and tell them not to touch it or prep it that you will take the plastics off yourself or else the hand kit won't be enough.
Good advice and also tell them NOT to throw out the build sheet.

I am using some Zaino stuff right now for the paint and am pretty happy with it.

I did buy 3 items from Adams.

The leather conditioner which I love. It adds just a tiny hint of slippery which I like and has a nice sheen to it and UV protection which is important as I have a convert.

The In and Out spray is FANTASTIC. I have tried a few other products on the black exterior surfaces on my wife's BMW X5 and NOTHING I have found can do what this stuff does. Leaves a nice satin finish and restores the black color AND it doesn't wash off after the first couple of rains. AWESOME stuff and super easy to work with.

Third product I bought was the Super VRT for the tires. I like it and will not sling off the tires and is water repels water. It leaves a satin finish as I am not into the "wet black paint" look.

So far I am happy with my 3 purchases from them.

My next purchase is probably going to be the window cleaner and the new clay if it ever gets released.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote