Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Tire wear

So it seems everyone complains about how long the G2's last. I can tell you right now most are tossing them when only half worn. The outer half and inner shoulder are designed to become a slick rather quickly. Here is an example with 10,000 miles about 1000 of them on track.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Those are diffidently worn. Not sure what type of set up you are running but my 2 sets both inside shoulders were run down to cords. I run a neg camber of 2.8 on front and 1.2 on rear. Fronts don't hold up but the rear seem to do okay.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Ventura 2015 1LE
Ventura 2015 1SS 1LE RS

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
The tire on the pic is your back rear? I see the other tire in the background and that is your front?Looks like you getting good wear and can tell that you have tracked them. I run mostly in the canyon roads here so I am about halfway thru at 9K. Question for Kurt as well. When you go thru inspection at California Speedway and Willow if they see tires start touching on the wear indicators does the inspectors require you to replace them? Or they just see if your close in showing cords...
Ventura 2015 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura 2015 1LE View Post
The tire on the pic is your back rear? I see the other tire in the background and that is your front?Looks like you getting good wear and can tell that you have tracked them. I run mostly in the canyon roads here so I am about halfway thru at 9K. Question for Kurt as well. When you go thru inspection at California Speedway and Willow if they see tires start touching on the wear indicators does the inspectors require you to replace them? Or they just see if your close in showing cords...
You perform your own inspection. Both times I went to cords were at Fontana. High Speed, High Bank Track. Tires looked good in the first sessions but after day was done I shit my pants seeing the cords. Got lucky. After the last time it happen I now check after every session.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
My car is my DD and I just changed my rears to the 305 size at 16K miles.
OP, by the look of your tires and I can still use these for the front, glad I kept them!
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
Ventura 2015 1LE
Ventura 2015 1SS 1LE RS

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
You perform your own inspection. Both times I went to cords were at Fontana. High Speed, High Bank Track. Tires looked good in the first sessions but after day was done I shit my pants seeing the cords. Got lucky. After the last time it happen I now check after every session.
Thanks for the info..
Ventura 2015 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #7
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
This was our right front at 3500miles didn't feel to comfortable with it anymore for some reason.
Attached Images

2014 Summit White 1LE 2SS/RS, Recaros, NPP, NAV, Elite Gen2 CC, ZL1 splash guards, ZL1 pedals, Exhaust Commander, GTO Clutch reservoir, Forgestar CF5V 19's on HoosierStone Tires, Previous Car: 2012 Black 2LT/RS, Fully 1LE swapped
Wichita Region SCCA Autocross #23 FS
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #8
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: Not fast enough
Quote:
Those are diffidently worn. Not sure what type of set up you are running but my 2 sets both inside shoulders were run down to cords. I run a neg camber of 2.8 on front and 1.2 on rear. Fronts don't hold up but the rear seem to do okay.
2.8 is a very aggressive camber to run on a car that is anything short of a race car. How do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
My car is my DD and I just changed my rears to the 305 size at 16K miles.
OP, by the look of your tires and I can still use these for the front, glad I kept them!
Any pics of the car with the 305s?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #9
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
I run -2 in the front and -.8 in the rears. Pic is what the rear looks like, fronts are a little funny since I wear the inside on the street and outside on the track. Pic of front...
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #10
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
I run -2 in the front and -.8 in the rears. Pic is what the rear looks like, fronts are a little funny since I wear the inside on the street and outside on the track. Pic of front...
Your front and rear wear seem very even (inside to outside). I hope I get similar wear!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
2.8 is a very aggressive camber to run on a car that is anything short of a race car. How do you like it?
It is and it is pretty much a race car. At least getting close. Still a couple more mods to go and i'll be close. But ya 2.8 up front is a little heavy. Plan to dial it back to 2.4 to get a little better wear. Just recently went to Hankook RS3 and the shoulders are a little thicker. Like the grip of them better too.

Name:  IMG_20150502_133645155.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20150815_073029935_HDR.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  123.4 KB
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #12
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
It is and it is pretty much a race car. At least getting close. Still a couple more mods to go and i'll be close. But ya 2.8 up front is a little heavy. Plan to dial it back to 2.4 to get a little better wear. Just recently went to Hankook RS3 and the shoulders are a little thicker. Like the grip of them better too.

Attachment 741923

Attachment 741924
How did you arrive at -2.8 as a good setting? Are you monitoring the temp spread?
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:57 PM   #13
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
How did you arrive at -2.8 as a good setting? Are you monitoring the temp spread?
I've research and talked with a few people. Seemed most were running anywhere from 2 to3 neg camber so I picked a number. My car has so many Aero Mods its hard to compare mine to others. It turns unbelievable but Tire Wear is a little too much on the inside. So I plan to back it off just a tad

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts