Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Completed my front fascia custom rare headlight upgrade

For those of you who have been following my build over the past three years, I have been updating my front end lighting system and have now finished it. I finally have done everything I wanted and can now see much better on the road at night lol .

My upgrade makes my surrounding area while driving at night three times brighter than the stock hids and it does not hurt oncoming traffic eyes as the light is not focused to one specific area. However, a combination of hid, cree and led on the highway at night is amazing!

What I have done;

increased the base running lights voltage from 12v to 14v using a zeiner diode and a resistor utilizing both the day time running light and night running light voltages.

-stock halos but at a slightly brighter output
-custom home made led strip bar molded to lower fascia grille (6 qty ordered from jdmtoy)
-5 piece cree bulbs in each fog light (about 10x brighter than stock bulb and 3x brigther than my old 68led bulb)
-two amber led strips molded on inside of grill illuminating rad area

All lights all legal as I kept to the only allowed colours in canada being white and yellow in the front.

I installed a special harness in my car since my car is canadian so that I have full control over my lights whether night or day. This gives me the option to shut off my hids at night if I choose.

How does this look and how bright while driving? I can drive on the highway in total darkness at 100km/h just fine without using my actual hid headlights.

thoughts and criticism welcome lol. fyi I get lots of comments asking about where I got the lights from,how much and wow, does it draw attention . You dont have to spend much doing this if your diy and be creative.

Yes I wanted to be unique and different in some way then the rest of us. If any of you guys Have not already switched out your stock drl bulbs for crees, I recommend you do so soon... and get em off ebay from China and save tons of cash.

Enjoy guys
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
!NOW HAVE 80W CREE LED IN STOCK TAIL LENSES!
Cosmetic Mods - 23 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote