Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Gilmour Foamaster usage? (not Foamaster II)

It finally came in today and I am very frustrated trying to figure out how to use this thing. The instructions it came with are horrible. You get a parts diagram and information on setting the ratio and that's it. I'm unsure what each of the brass screw valves adjust, I'm assuming one is for the air mixture. Can somebody on here that has the original Gilmour Foamaster please point me in the right direction so I can get the car washed today? Thanks for any help with this.

-infernoman2011
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Mix your car soap with water, or just add straight cleaner if that is what the directions on your foam gun call's for, inside the plastic container attached to the bottom of the nozzle. Screw the container to its lid, which is mounted on the underside of the nozzle.

Attach the water hose to the bottom of the spray trigger handle on your foam gun.

Set the multi ratio mixing dial to one of the settings appropriate for your job by turning the dial.

Turn the hose on and squeeze the handle trigger to use your foam gun.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
yes.

I followed the process you described by trial and error....just now seeing this response. So what exactly is the purpose of the two thumb screws? Thanks.

-infernoman2011

Also, I foamed pretty good considering I was using Turtle wax Ice car wash. Can't wait to get some better foaming carwash for next time.
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote