Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #126
jakemaxx
 
jakemaxx's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 impala
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: stanwood, wa
Posts: 236
what do you guys think the v6 would pump out with one of these kits?
__________________
ordering 1SS, IOM, White Stripes, Sunroof, BA Sound System, RS Package, LS3 6M
:5thgenvert:
jakemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #127
TT C6
Banned
 
Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
what do you guys think the v6 would pump out with one of these kits?
I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate if you guys started a "V6 Forced Induction Options" thread so we can keep this "TVS 2300 V8" thread on topic and not cluttered with V6 chatter.

I'm still waiting for my TVS 2300/V8 post to be addressed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Working on the intercooler heat exchanger and some misc supporting parts.
Please compare and contrast your cooling system with GM's TVS 2300 cooling system.


Are you going to include a 11 rib pulley like GM does on their TVS 2300?
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #128
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #129
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate if you guys started a "V6 Forced Induction Options" thread so we can keep this "TVS 2300 V8" thread on topic and not cluttered with V6 chatter.

I'm still waiting for my TVS 2300/V8 post to be addressed:

Please compare and contrast your cooling system with GM's TVS 2300 cooling system.


Are you going to include a 11 rib pulley like GM does on their TVS 2300?
Rob, I invite all conversation in this thread, including the V6 questions and comments.

I however will not interact with you, nor do I want to answer any of your questions. Your posts have proven time and time again to be combative and counterproductive on every forum.....
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #130
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Rob, I invite all conversation in this thread, including the V6 questions and comments.

I however will not interact with you, nor do I want to answer any of your questions. Your posts have proven time and time again to be combative and counterproductive on every forum.....
I've seen a few of these posts and will act if necessary to keep this thread on track.

Blown' - can you give us any comparisons to GM's 2300 on the LS9? I am interested in this information too
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #131
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Also - I just picked up a 5.0 Mustang magazine and it has a comparison with a TVS 2300 from Shelby (TVS) and a 2800 from Kenny Bell (KB). I HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE YET but from my really quick glance, it looks like thought they tested the superchargers with the same pulley size, boost levels were a lot higher on the KB than the TVS therefore it made a lot more power. They also performed another test and spin both blowers as fast as it took to reach 20 lbs. of boost and there were quite drastic differences in terms of heat and blower RPM.

I'm not asking for you guys to defend yourselves (honestly - I'm planning on adding one of your blowers to my car) but can you offer any insight toward comparing your superchargers (TVS specifically) to KBs or Whipples; like in terms of heat, power production, parasitic power consumption, etc.? I've been on your website a few times and I just want to see a level playing field where the boost is the same so we get a fair representation of heat generated and related details.

Thanks
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #132
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Blown' - can you give us any comparisons to GM's 2300 on the LS9? I am interested in this information too
The differences are pretty major, the GM team was given an envelope that they needed to make the system fit in. This compromised certain aspects of the performance and the maximum power potential of the S/C. The fact that we do not need to conform to the OE's envelope we are able to make huge advances on the supercharger they that pass up on. One of the most obvious would be the inlet of the S/C, the discharge and intercooler we use is more efficient in the fact that the pressure drop across the core is much lower than the dual set up the ZR1 is using.

The internals of the supercharger are the same, that is the ONLY part that the ZR1 and Magna Charger share.
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #133
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm not asking for you guys to defend yourselves (honestly - I'm planning on adding one of your blowers to my car) but can you offer any insight toward comparing your superchargers (TVS specifically) to KBs or Whipples; like in terms of heat, power production, parasitic power consumption, etc.? I've been on your website a few times and I just want to see a level playing field where the boost is the same so we get a fair representation of heat generated and related details.

Thanks
I do not feel the need to defend the company, honestly to each his own. I would have loved to be present when the tests took place, I would love to see how they ran the test and compared discharge temps. The screw being a true compressor will ALWAYS be pumping when its turning......that equates to heat. The Hybrid Roots, or TVS...can be unloaded or "bypassed", using airflow to cool the housing, and rotors. If you are worried about heat, you should not that @ 8 psi I NEVER see more than 30* over ambient, and at 25 PSI it was NEVER over 50*.
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #134
dankss
Contract Killer
 
dankss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 154
soo the tvs 2300 is like the same as a 2.3L sc?
dankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #135
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
I do not feel the need to defend the company, honestly to each his own. I would have loved to be present when the tests took place, I would love to see how they ran the test and compared discharge temps. The screw being a true compressor will ALWAYS be pumping when its turning......that equates to heat. The Hybrid Roots, or TVS...can be unloaded or "bypassed", using airflow to cool the housing, and rotors. If you are worried about heat, you should not that @ 8 psi I NEVER see more than 30* over ambient, and at 25 PSI it was NEVER over 50*.
I have to read the article in full but I don't plan on running 20 pounds of boost . Also, having the bypass that you guys have is also appealing since I'm looking for a supercharger for a streetcar, not a racecar. I still want drivability and economy (well, as much as one can reasonably expect, LOL).

Can you offer any details on if the temperatures you mentioned above were after the intercooler, or was that pre-intercooler?
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #136
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankss View Post
soo the tvs 2300 is like the same as a 2.3L sc?
Yes - "2300" is the size in cubic centimeters, so it is 2.3 liters of displacement
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #137
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I have to read the article in full but I don't plan on running 20 pounds of boost . Also, having the bypass that you guys have is also appealing since I'm looking for a supercharger for a streetcar, not a racecar. I still want drivability and economy (well, as much as one can reasonably expect, LOL).

Can you offer any details on if the temperatures you mentioned above were after the intercooler, or was that pre-intercooler?
I am measuring IATs post intercooler. The bypass is good for fuel mileage as well.
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #138
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I have to read the article in full but I don't plan on running 20 pounds of boost . Also, having the bypass that you guys have is also appealing since I'm looking for a supercharger for a streetcar, not a racecar. I still want drivability and economy (well, as much as one can reasonably expect, LOL).

Can you offer any details on if the temperatures you mentioned above were after the intercooler, or was that pre-intercooler?
The KB 2.8 on my Shelby is a twin-screw and also features a bypass. In fact, I can use the bypass as a "valet" mode if I want to and it will prevent the car from making boost.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #139
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
The KB 2.8 on my Shelby is a twin-screw and also features a bypass. In fact, I can use the bypass as a "valet" mode if I want to and it will prevent the car from making boost.
Ah... Cool. Thanks
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #140
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
The KB 2.8 on my Shelby is a twin-screw and also features a bypass. In fact, I can use the bypass as a "valet" mode if I want to and it will prevent the car from making boost.
although it does use a bypass it is not truly unloading the supercharger like the Hybrid Roots. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do this with the screw.
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #141
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
although it does use a bypass it is not truly unloading the supercharger like the Hybrid Roots. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do this with the screw.
Thanks for the clarification.

Any word on the dyno' yet
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #142
dankss
Contract Killer
 
dankss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Yes - "2300" is the size in cubic centimeters, so it is 2.3 liters of displacement
thanks homie.

YAHHH WHERES THE DYNOO VID??!??!?!?!?!??
dankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #143
BlownChevy
The Supercharger Guy

 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

Any word on the dyno' yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankss View Post
thanks homie.

YAHHH WHERES THE DYNOO VID??!??!?!?!?!??
Working on the final parts. We had to fab a new front mount H/E for the Camaro, we are getting close.
__________________
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #144
jakemaxx
 
jakemaxx's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 impala
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: stanwood, wa
Posts: 236
cant wait
__________________
ordering 1SS, IOM, White Stripes, Sunroof, BA Sound System, RS Package, LS3 6M
:5thgenvert:
jakemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #145
vega$
Dreaming Big!
 
vega$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 143
I want more than dyno! launching! in car-cam! cruising! idle! haha Im greedy!
vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #146
jakemaxx
 
jakemaxx's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 impala
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: stanwood, wa
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega$ View Post
I want more than dyno! launching! in car-cam! cruising! idle! haha Im greedy!
__________________
ordering 1SS, IOM, White Stripes, Sunroof, BA Sound System, RS Package, LS3 6M
:5thgenvert:
jakemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #147
tx tahoe z71
 
tx tahoe z71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Working on the final parts. We had to fab a new front mount H/E for the Camaro, we are getting close.
Good deal! Can't wait!!!
__________________
2003 Tahoe Z71 5.3: Volant CAI, 22" Magnaflow muffler, Wheatley 93, ported TB, Vette servos, Hotchkis sways, Bilstein HD's, 3.73s, hidden JL 10", PPI amp, Alpine 9853 face, Optima red top, Valentine 1
Awaiting installation: Radix, 40k TruCool, LS6 valley cover, RAAMaudio sound deadening
tx tahoe z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #148
SRFnSNO
 
SRFnSNO's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown & Flamed
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 655
Been running the Magnuson on my 02 AV for a few years now.
The Ride pulls like a beast when needed. 8200lbs and turning 35" swampers.

I was planing on having a Magnuson on my 2SS L99.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #149
Matt TuneTime

 
Drives: 2008 G8 gt / 2010 Camaro L99
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
how much hp you pumping? and total cost? thanks
550 at the wheels on our mustang dyno Cost with everything suspension,Stall Converter, ARH Headers , 12-14K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
But your G8 GT has the LS3.

We're not worried about the 6L80e we worried about the new L99 V8.

Are us L99 auto guys gonna have to wait or are us customers gonna test it out and see if it go's or blows?
Why the L99 will be as stout as a Ls3 as for dod it will not effect it at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Atco dragway....I know it well! FAASSSTTTT track!!! Looks like a nice package there! I like how you don't hear the whine all the much.
Very quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
hey blown, how long does this instalation take?
8-10 Hr's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
These supercharegers do not have any issues with heat. We are using the 2300 because the market demanded it, and it leaves more room for the folks that are going to run the larger displacement engines in the future.
Exactly .

FYI at 9psi on my 19's with t/c on the car went 11.89 @ 118 .. The only problem is the massive amount of TQ alot of pedders stuff to stop the wheel hop

Last edited by Matt TuneTime; 05-07-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Matt TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #150
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime View Post
Very quiet
Great. I don't like the sound of that loud whine.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Charger SRT8 vs Camaro SS vs Mustang GT Hooy Chevy Camaro vs... 104 03-02-2009 09:48 PM
2010 Camaro SS not affected by closing of GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 62 02-27-2009 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.