Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

View Poll Results: Should there be a separate forum for the LFX?
Yes 37 56.92%
No 28 43.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Should there be a LFX forum and a LLT forum?

Since there's been two separate threads on it but no formal poll, I figured let's create a thread with a poll so we know how many people feel one way or the other - this might sway the mods on the site to create the forum afterall.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
Since there is No Seperate LS3 Forum and a Seperate L99 Forum for the V-8 Camaros, Why should there be one for the V-6 Camaros. Besides those of you who have the LFX engine Iare just made because you can not put Headers on your cars.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I vote no. I don't see how it would be beneficial.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
I voted no, because:
The SS guys don't have a seperater forum for the L99/LS3. V8's
These two engines are very different also, in the way they work.
We don't need to seperate the LFX/LLT just because the engines are a little different. V6's
And btw go Team LLT/LFX

Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Since there is No Seperate LS3 Forum and a Seperate L99 Forum for the V-8 Camaros, Why should there be one for the V-6 Camaros. Besides those of you who have the LFX engine Iare just made because you can not put Headers on your cars.

Walt B.
I originally felt the same way, but the main argument for having the separate LFX forum is that the modifications for the LFX are very different than the LLT. Many of the popular LLT modifications will not work on the LFX. Funny to see so many people saying no - prior to having the poll it seems the past two threads everyone was for having a separate forum.

PS - Anyone who is "made" because LFX owners can't put headers on their car are the same people that think the Tornado will really help their gas mileage. I look at it as a huge positive, our engines are actually that much more efficient that we can save a few hundred dollars on headers. Weight savings AND more horsepower compared to the LLT, I'll take it!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Actually Headers are Lighter then the stock Exhaust Manifold. Also the so called "Tornado" is something only the uninformed person would buy and use, falls into the same categoiry as a "Power Chip' on our modern cars.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Walt - that's the point -- there are no exhaust manifolds on the LFX. LFX engines shed 12lbs of weight thanks to the integrated exhaust manifold in the cast heads.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Walt - that's the point -- there are no exhaust manifolds on the LFX. LFX engines shed 12lbs of weight thanks to the integrated exhaust manifold in the cast heads.
I am already aware of this, and it is one of the things I do not like about the LFX engine. If I did not already have a 5th Gen Camaro or if this was the choice of engines when I did buy my 5th Gen I would have gotten a 2SS with the L99. I also do not like the composite intake manifold.

Walt B.

Mods Done
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
I am already aware of this, and it is one of the things I do not like about the LFX engine. If I did not already have a 5th Gen Camaro or if this was the choice of engines when I did buy my 5th Gen I would have gotten a 2SS with the L99. I also do not like the composite intake manifold.

Walt B.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Don't see how it could help, just make it harder on the Guys that are wanting to research stuff.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:

Walt B.

Just curious but what's your reasoning behind it? You can't say "I'd choose the L99" that's no where close to an apples to apples comparison (although if we're talking v8s, the manual [LS3] is WAY BETTER than the automatic [L99] - I thought the automatic SS felt very unresponsive and sluggish, but I got to drive a manual SS on Saturday and was shocked at what a difference it was) -- this is the v6 forum, let's compare LLT to LFX. Between the two, the composite intake manifold means cooler temps (more resistant to engine heat absorption) which means LFX guys don't have to worry about buying the ICE-olator... and since we also don't have to worry about headers, it seems like the LFX saves 2012+ owners a decent amount of cash.

Interesting how a ton of people in the other threads were "pro" having a separate forum but now that we have an actual poll no one is speaking up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorpheus View Post
Don't see how it could help, just make it harder on the Guys that are wanting to research stuff.
The argument the LFX guys were saying in the other threads is that having the separate forum makes it easier for them to research stuff because they're not finding a ton of results about LLT-specific bolt ons. One guy said he ordered a cold air intake (I think vararam) only to find out after it arrived that it didn't work with the LFX.

Ah well - if the only people willing to speak up are the ones against it, I'm not going to be the only one defending it...

Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Jasrich

Drives: 2012 2LT RS silver ice
Not everyone here is informed on the difference
Between the motors and it would be easier to a newbie like myself if they were separate
Jasrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
I vote the v6 and v8 forums to be seperate
Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

[QUOTE=meissen;4778669]Just curious but what's your reasoning behind it? You can't say "I'd choose the L99" that's no where close to an apples to apples comparison (although if we're talking v8s, the manual [LS3] is WAY BETTER than the automatic [L99] - I thought the automatic SS felt very unresponsive and sluggish, but I got to drive a manual SS on Saturday and was shocked at what a difference it was) -- this is the v6 forum, let's compare LLT to LFX. Between the two, the composite intake manifold means cooler temps (more resistant to engine heat absorption) which means LFX guys don't have to worry about buying the ICE-olator... and since we also don't have to worry about headers, it seems like the LFX saves 2012+ owners a decent amount of cash.)

To answer your question about my responce. I LOVE the LLT engine that I have in my 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, however, I do not like the new LFX engine that is now in the V-6 Camaros. Now if for some unforseen reason I ever had to replace my present Camaro (knock on wood), I would get a 2SS with the L99 engine, the reason for this being is that I am unable to drive a car with a manuel transmission, due to a Service Connected Disablity (I have a Bad Left Hip). I do agree that the LS3 is a better engine between the two, except I would have a problem with the clutch and my hip.

Walt B.

Mods Done
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #15
trav76457

Drives: 2012 LS2 Orange with white stripes
Yes, it would be nice to have a seperate forum. Is it really needed? Well, that is yet to be determined. I just purchased my 2012, 2 months ago, and I have had no problems with figuring out what will and what will not work on my car.

I fail to understand why you LLT guys care one way or the other. Having a seperate forum will not effect you in any way.
trav76457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
I'm a LLT guy and I'm cool with it either way. Just looking forward to learning about the ins and outs of the LFX.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote