Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
Ajmalian
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, '11 GMC Denali
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 208
UNREST IN UAE

Fellow brother Camaro owners of UAE. As you know, Sharjah has come down hard on vehicle modifications...and Abu Dhabi is soon to follow by the June 10th and I would not be surprised if Dubai decides to do the same.

As someone who has not done any modifications with your dealer/agency..meaning authorized modifications...how are you dealing with this problem? Have you found a way to get the legal permission to do as you want on your car or are you removing everything from your cars to avoid any trouble.

If anyone has any solutions, please be kind enough to share.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 7,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
Fellow brother Camaro owners of UAE. As you know, Sharjah has come down hard on vehicle modifications...and Abu Dhabi is soon to follow by the June 10th and I would not be surprised if Dubai decides to do the same.

As someone who has not done any modifications with your dealer/agency..meaning authorized modifications...how are you dealing with this problem? Have you found a way to get the legal permission to do as you want on your car or are you removing everything from your cars to avoid any trouble.

If anyone has any solutions, please be kind enough to share.
I think you will find it will come down to wether the vehicle will pass a emmissions test alot like the california smog tests or E checks etc, depending on the modifications your going with i dont think it will be a major problem and alot will come down to tuning as well, best part though it that your driving a gm so it is one of the easier vehicles to make pass

Thanks Steve
RDP Motorsport
www.rdpmotorsport.com
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Ajmalian
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, '11 GMC Denali
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 208
Unfortunately Steve, the guys here in the UAE have gotten way too anal about modifications. They have random check points where they will ask you to rev your engines to see how loud your car is or maybe they'll ask you to pop your hoods, and if you even have something as simple as a CAI, your car gets impounded and then exported. You never see your car again and you don't even get to pay the fines and release your car.

BUMMER HUH??!!?!?
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 7,094
thats crazy
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #5
iHasCamaro
 
Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 367
That sucks. Pay 2X what we pay here and you can't even mod it how you want it. I Feel for you guys.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
Brutal SS

 
Brutal SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dinwiddie, Va.
Posts: 1,903
Dayumm! :(
__________________
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
Corvette-camaro
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 auto trans
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
Unfortunately Steve, the guys here in the UAE have gotten way too anal about modifications. They have random check points where they will ask you to rev your engines to see how loud your car is or maybe they'll ask you to pop your hoods, and if you even have something as simple as a CAI, your car gets impounded and then exported. You never see your car again and you don't even get to pay the fines and release your car.

BUMMER HUH??!!?!?
Dont worry , i got alot of modifications on my car and they never stoped me. But dont make ur car very loud , i did it once and they stoped me in jumaira,
I had borla atak cat-back and borla long tube headers it was very very loud!!! , but passed that time!!!
Now i changed my cat-back and it's better, no problems with the police at all.
It's camaro man do what ever you want
Corvette-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 7,094
we have just opened a store in kuwait and will be servicing duabi qatar etc, so if anyone gets stuck with any issues please feel free to give us a call and we will do all we can to help
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
MoeIv
 
MoeIv's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Qatar
Posts: 638
Same problems here. They want us to be sport cars and keep them stock
MoeIv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
Dent RS
Axes Kivster
 
Dent RS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro '12 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 129
I recently got my camaro from liberty , and decided to order an axle-back just before couple of days , but they told me that it has been causing alot of headaches for everyone , and even the certificates they are giving for parts order by Liberty Motor Sports are being refused by the police , but then i talked to Mitch he Said Maybe they are discussing some special regulation for American cars as to have some aftermarket parts adding abit of non-oem sound...so hopefully this thing cools down after abit ><"
Dent RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
we have just opened a store in kuwait and will be servicing duabi qatar etc, so if anyone gets stuck with any issues please feel free to give us a call and we will do all we can to help
where in Kuwait ?
__________________


2010 Camaro 2ss L99 Red - Kooks+Corsa+VR+Ebiach LowerKit-
2002 Camaro SS LS1 Black - Kooks+SLP+Hurst-
2009 Escalade Pearl White - Corsa -
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #12
Ajmalian
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, '11 GMC Denali
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent RS View Post
I recently got my camaro from liberty , and decided to order an axle-back just before couple of days , but they told me that it has been causing alot of headaches for everyone , and even the certificates they are giving for parts order by Liberty Motor Sports are being refused by the police , but then i talked to Mitch he Said Maybe they are discussing some special regulation for American cars as to have some aftermarket parts adding abit of non-oem sound...so hopefully this thing cools down after abit ><"
I sure hope what you or rather Mitch is saying is true man. The only reason that calms me down is because you claim Mitch has said it. If anyone else from LMS had said the same, I'd say they can go screw themselves cuz the ppl at LMS are full of bullshit more than half the time!!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
sasj316
 
sasj316's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM Camaro SS 2011
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dubai, UAE.
Posts: 2
Hey Ajmalian and fellow UAE Camaro lovers/owners.

Just when I was thinking of getting some mods done, these guys come along with tougher regulations. Isn't there any legal way to get them done? All I want is a simple muffler delete. Any idea where I can get that done from?

I've been trying to find Camaro owners in Dubai at an internet forum but no luck so far to share tips and tricks with. Finding any parts ranging from proper detail accessories to interior/cosmetic accessories is pretty tough here.

Thanks in advance!
sasj316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
Ajmalian
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, '11 GMC Denali
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 208
@ sasj316

You can take your car to Fox exhausts and they'll do your muffler delete. However "doing modifications legally" is a concept that no longer exists in the UAE. There's two guys who had gotten a corsa exhaust from the agency with permission from RTA....yet according to my sales advisor at my agency....both those Camaros were confiscated by Sharjah police.

If you want, what you can do is have your modifications done, but that would mean you would restricted to Dubai only. You can't go to Abu Dhabi and neither can you go to Sharjah. So all of Duabi basically would be your play ground.

As for the club, there is www.uaecamaroclub.com but its only useful if you can read and write arabic. I barely ever see any english being used there.

So good luck, keep in touch. I've got a few friends in the club who let me know whenever there is a meet. I'll keep you posted.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UAE Camaro Club gathering From Dubai to Dibba UaeCamaroClub Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 48 09-07-2013 02:40 AM
UAE CAMARO CLUB Gathering *** sub zero Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 85 12-04-2012 03:40 PM
Camaros gather for events at the UAE national day UaeCamaroClub Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 54 01-11-2011 12:47 AM
Camaro sold in the UAE has 462 horses stock??? nashstat 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 24 11-13-2009 11:08 AM
Ariz. police say they are prepared as War College warns military must prep for unrest bigralph Off-topic Discussions 6 12-19-2008 04:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.