Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Fire Hose Nozzle

Anybody using one? What makes the one from Adams ~$40 more then the one from Autogeek or Grabiak? How do u like it and which one do u have?

thanks
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Anybody using one? What makes the one from Adams ~$40 more then the one from Autogeek or Grabiak? How do u like it and which one do u have?

thanks
The one at Grabiak I think is the old version of the one Adam's sells. The one at AutoGeek should be perfect for you. It's made of stainless so you're good to go.

Adam's is more expensive because they only sell Made In USA (well, mostly) and because they can charge those prices. They could sell $50 sheets of sandpaper and nearly everyone here would buy them and tell you what you're using is inferior. Not saying they would do that, because they are honest people, but they could, I guarantee it

I personally prefer just using a regular old garden sprayer attachment with various openings. I can put it on jet for a good solid stream, I can then switch it to a rinse, and everything in between. I can also regulate the amount of water I put out much easier with a handle than by twisting the nozzle. Oh, and even if they break (one NEVER has on me in hundreds of car washes), I can buy about 10 of them before I come close to paying for the Adam's nozzle.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
I have the same firehouse nozzle that AG sells. I gave $10 for it at Sams club. It is a very nice well built nozzle. It is made by Nelson. It is also rubber tipped so it wont scratch up.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
I got the one from GPC and it was terrible. Hopefully the location I was using it at had horrible water pressure and it's not the nozzle itself as the water didn't flow out with much pressure at all.
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
IneedAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I have the same firehouse nozzle that AG sells. I gave $10 for it at Sams club. It is a very nice well built nozzle. It is made by Nelson. It is also rubber tipped so it wont scratch up.
Do u remember how long ago u got it? Wondering if they still carry it.

Thanks for the input everyone!
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Do u remember how long ago u got it? Wondering if they still carry it.

Thanks for the input everyone!
Just got it last month actually. It's great because not only can you adjust the pattern, you can adjust the power.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
IneedAZ

I will stop there on my way home...thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
camtx45

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

Adam's is more expensive because they only sell Made In USA (well, mostly) and because they can charge those prices. They could sell $50 sheets of sandpaper and nearly everyone here would buy them and tell you what you're using is inferior. Not saying they would do that, because they are honest people, but they could, I guarantee it
Adam's brand microweave drying sandpaper would be a great deal for $50.

Dylan, please hurry and get this to the market.... I could use that to help my neighbor dry his mustang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
camtx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:

thanks
I have this one from amazon...looks close to the autogeek one...I have the Adams and the Bon-aire and prefer the Bon-aire...two way cut off and a little more adjustable as to flow...both are good but I reach for the Bon-Aire each time...Like Adams for most every thing but this is my preference...

http://www.amazon.com/Bon-Aire-HN-10.../dp/B000E7YYDS

Edit: Have been using the Bon-Aire for about two-three yrs and no problem..no problem with adams either..do buy a cut off valve some where..I use a brass one... this one http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12353-He...4023862&sr=8-5
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtx45 View Post
Adam's brand microweave drying sandpaper would be a great deal for $50.

Dylan, please hurry and get this to the market.... I could use that to help my neighbor dry his mustang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
2ss2012

Drives: 2012 2ss ahen grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The one at Grabiak I think is the old version of the one Adam's sells. The one at AutoGeek should be perfect for you. It's made of stainless so you're good to go.

I personally prefer just using a regular old garden sprayer attachment with various openings. I can put it on jet for a good solid stream, I can then switch it to a rinse, and everything in between. I can also regulate the amount of water I put out much easier with a handle than by twisting the nozzle. Oh, and even if they break (one NEVER has on me in hundreds of car washes), I can buy about 10 of them before I come close to paying for the Adam's nozzle.
2ss2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
I do have the Adams FHN and its great but it is pricey...no way around it.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
IneedAZ

Well, i stopped at Sams on the way home and yep, $10. That thing is beefy, adjustable, and built-in cutoff. So far I like it. I tried it with the hose still curled up on the rack and still plenty of power, definitely more then my last nozzle.