Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
2Muchmark

 
2Muchmark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 855
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
No new Camaro for me / Failed inspection / WTF

It's official :

My car failed inspection and wasn't shipped. Even worse, they didn't tell me exactly what part failed inspection (is it replaceable?). Worst of all, they have no idea when they will fix it, or when they will ship the car.

More good news: It apperently failed inspection right after it was built (in March).

It SUCKS that nobody at GM seemed to know this, or could give me a straight answer.

Now it looks like I have to order a new one, or pay megabucks over retail to get it sooner.

TIP : If you are about to order yourself a new cammy, tell the dealer you expect weekly updates as to the actual delivery status of your car. The dealers know more than the GM CSR's. Sure he'll work a little harder but you'll be much happier I promise.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
Haloman1346
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tavares, Fl
Posts: 256
Ouch. Hope its just a busted tail light or something. Hang in there....
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,516
Third member to recieve this news.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
Travis64

 
Travis64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY Long Island
Posts: 760
wow sorry
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real
 
RobbRock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 315
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
sorry to hear that
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
2010SSRSM6's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,905
The hits just keep on coming.

Sorry for your loss.

Hey GM, how about some info! How many cars are your guys going to fail without telling someone what is going wrong?

Is it too much to ask that you take a couple of minutes and call a guy that has taken the effort to order a product sight unseen, and explain that a problem has been noticed with his order and your are working to correct it?

So far 3 members have "lost" cars, other members have had cars damaged in shipping, and 1 breakdown 10 miles from the dealership. You're off to a blistering start here fella's. Way to save the company.

o.k, I'm off my soapbox.
__________________
Powered by Cunningham MotorSports
2010SSRSM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #7
Pushing_Tin
 
Pushing_Tin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
It's official :

My car failed inspection and wasn't shipped. Even worse, they didn't tell me exactly what part failed inspection (is it replaceable?). Worst of all, they have no idea when they will fix it, or when they will ship the car.

More good news: It apperently failed inspection right after it was built (in March).

It SUCKS that nobody at GM seemed to know this, or could give me a straight answer.

Now it looks like I have to order a new one, or pay megabucks over retail to get it sooner.

TIP : If you are about to order yourself a new cammy, tell the dealer you expect weekly updates as to the actual delivery status of your car. The dealers know more than the GM CSR's. Sure he'll work a little harder but you'll be much happier I promise.

That sucks, but you are far more patient and understanding than I would be. If that was my situation I'll GM to ($^# themselves and look at another car (brand.)
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
Mark25
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette, 2006 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 135
The problem in telling you what happened is that you will always be looking for that part to fail, or the panel re-painted won't look right, etc.,...it's probably best to not know what it was that caused it to fail the inspection.
Mark25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,672
Yes you are but "More good news: It apperently failed inspection right after it was built (in March)." And it is May now so he sat for 30+ days to find out the car did not pass?
What the f@@& Dos GM think, IS this why it takes 3-4 Years to bring a new car out.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
1camaro4me
 
Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 159
What were they doing for a month? It can't take/couldn't have taken a month to fix it. If that were the case they'd have been better scrapping the car and building you another (that would only have taken a couple of days).

This whole process is surreal. If you wrote a book a year ago about all that has happened, noone would have believed it.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #11
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,891
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro4me View Post
What were they doing for a month? It can't take/couldn't have taken a month to fix it. If that were the case they'd have been better scrapping the car and building you another (that would only have taken a couple of days).

This whole process is surreal. If you wrote a book a year ago about all that has happened, noone would have believed it.


I would have.

Not a GM bash but I think they had pressure to get it out quicker than they later wanted to. Sure they wanted to get it out but the first delay created a firestorm of negativity. I bet they never keep people in the loop again.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
Arod
 
Arod's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Odessa Tx
Posts: 163
Man I hope this does'nt happen to me! My car has been in QC For over a month.
__________________
:party0038::
Arod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
steelmart
 
steelmart's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 360
My order which they screwed up. Vin 1662 is still there also. I talked to my dealer yesterday and they told him it was a graphics issue. I reordered 3/31 it's at 3400 as of 5/2, I wouldn't doubt I have my 2nd order before they get the first one.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #14
achalk
 
Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 201
sorry man, that sucks....maybe your dealership can at least bump you up to the top of the allocation list for a new order??
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,042
Though I can understand the frustration, some responses I read (not only on this thread) are a little excessive IMO. I wonder what so many people think. Do people want cars that don't get gone over with a fine-tooth comb and want GM to ignore problems? It seems like people think this car has been in production for three years, not just several weeks. GM isn't trying to SCREW anyone!!! YES - I'M USING CAPS' BECAUSE IT'S SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME TO READ COMMENTS LIKE THESE EVERY TIME THERE IS A PROBLEM. No - I can't not read it because I'm a Mod' and have to try to keep the piece.

All I'm saying is that the first thing so many people in this community does is scream bloody murder everytime there is a development. This car literally just started production. There are going to be problems. People from GM (i.e. like Scott, as an example) probably get fed up with all these negative posts. How about we give GM the benefit of the doubt and know that they want us to have our cars and they wany our cars to be the best out there. Sometimes it's better off not knowing all the details right off the bat (though I do share everyone's curiosity). Give GM some breathing room and allow them to do those things without standing over them watching every move they make and make unhelpful comments and statements. If we aren't careful, the people from GM who have been so helpful here will stop visiting...

For the original poster - I'm sorry your car's been delayed. I'd be frustrated too :( Turst that GM wants to get you your car and want you to be satisfied with it 100% They want to earn your business It seems like maybe they should make it easier to reorder the car though. There are probably protocol that doesn't even occure to me that precludes this but that's where it's the dealer's job to help out.

Respectfully (to everyone )
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
BigSlik
 
BigSlik's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis,TN
Posts: 180
I no exactly how you feel man. Exact same thing happened to me.
On the brighter side, my reorder is blazing through the production process like a wild fire. My reorder was sent to GM thursday of last week. Friday morning it was 3400, and on the production line. We are expecting to see at 3800 by the end of the week.
So even if you do have to reorder, it should go through really fast.
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
catmaster1
 
catmaster1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 370
Sorry to hear that.
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
cam2fst4u


 
cam2fst4u's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: stanley va
Posts: 6,299
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post


I would have.

Not a GM bash but I think they had pressure to get it out quicker than they later wanted to. Sure they wanted to get it out but the first delay created a firestorm of negativity. I bet they never keep people in the loop again.

__________________
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,845
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
We might as well have a Sticky "Official 2Muchmark Thread"

Sucks to hear that though, but it is good that they are doing this kind of stuff before it reaches the customers!
__________________
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #20
chrisinlittlerock

 
chrisinlittlerock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Little Rock Arkansas
Posts: 797
I just hope they kinks are worked out before mine is produced.
__________________
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with Custom painted Black Rally Stripes, Heritage grill, Corsa cat backs with x pipe, CAI.
Delivered: 8/18/09!!!!Yes!!!!
"This is CHEVY country. On a quiet night you can hear a Ford rust."
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlik View Post
I no exactly how you feel man. Exact same thing happened to me.
On the brighter side, my reorder is blazing through the production process like a wild fire. My reorder was sent to GM thursday of last week. Friday morning it was 3400, and on the production line. We are expecting to see at 3800 by the end of the week.
So even if you do have to reorder, it should go through really fast.
Well - it's good to hear that the delay may not be that bad, considering. Hopefully, it goes that smooth for everyone who has to reorder.

Thanks for sharing that
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #22
Bell040


 
Bell040's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B'ham, Alabama
Posts: 2,457
his is not the first one to fail inspection...

anyone have a link to the other one that failed?
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #23
John Farnen
 
Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Belpre, Ohio
Posts: 228
There must be a couple thousand that failed inspection or why isn't the first 2000 in our hands. Does it take over 6 weeks to fix a problem when it takes 2 days to make the whole car? GM should at least give us an ETA. I can build a brand new '69 from 100% new parts, 400+hp crate engine, full independent suspension, any color I want for about the same $. Lots of labor but would take about 2 months after parts are collected.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #24
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Though I can understand the frustration, some responses I read (not only on this thread) are a little excessive IMO. I wonder what so many people think. Do people want cars that don't get gone over with a fine-tooth comb and want GM to ignore problems? It seems like people think this car has been in production for three years, not just several weeks. GM isn't trying to SCREW anyone!!! YES - I'M USING CAPS' BECAUSE IT'S SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME TO READ COMMENTS LIKE THESE EVERY TIME THERE IS A PROBLEM. No - I can't not read it because I'm a Mod' and have to try to keep the piece.

All I'm saying is that the first thing so many people in this community does is scream bloody murder everytime there is a development. This car literally just started production. There are going to be problems. People from GM (i.e. like Scott, as an example) probably get fed up with all these negative posts. How about we give GM the benefit of the doubt and know that they want us to have our cars and they wany our cars to be the best out there. Sometimes it's better off not knowing all the details right off the bat (though I do share everyone's curiosity). Give GM some breathing room and allow them to do those things without standing over them watching every move they make and make unhelpful comments and statements. If we aren't careful, the people from GM who have been so helpful here will stop visiting...

Respectfully (to everyone )
With Respect, You are dead wrong, If GM had any intent to do what is right it wood not take them 30 to 45 days, to let this man know his car is not going to pass, All i am saying is it does not take that long to know if the Car is Good.

And if it takes 30 to 45 Days how many cars are bad.
What does GM only have 1 man doing Q.C. in the Plant, I know (LOL) that the UAW are slow but come on not that slow, So you see what some believe too be excessive Bashing Of GM is not. Ase For People from GM Not coming on to this sit It is a lose to us and them.

This is not the first car for GM, Or a new engine, window indexing, or all the Other parts On this car, So it is Time for this big company to start getting there SHIT together and treat us with some respect If GM wants to be here for the next 100 years.

Now i am a guy who loves Fast cars, Guns, Hunting, Boats, H.D.,in short all thing American (not Ford)So this my way of telling GM to get on the Ball.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
detroitboy
Pinholic
 
detroitboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Macomb, Mi
Posts: 698
It could even have been something as simple as bad surface preparation under the paint. That would be an example of a problem they would'nt want a customer to deal with. It happens...
__________________
Almost had a 2SS/RS, IOM, orange accent interior, 6 speed manual, sunroof & polished wheels

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Songs About Camaros (for your driving pleasure) Emjay 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 71 12-28-2013 07:56 AM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
AW: New Camaro a one trick pony? Scotsman 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 16 09-04-2008 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.