Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Western New York Camaro Club?

Is there a Western New York branch in existence?

Looking to get out to some gatherings this year...I know there are good chunk of members in the area...just not sure if we're organized and I don't know it or not!

Thanks, all!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
UpstateC5

Don't know about western NY specifically, but we cover the whole state and have quite a few members in your area. Check post 1 of our club thread for events and also for the link to the member list to find members in your area.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94769

or click on my sig logo

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham

Thanks, mclark!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Flashpoint135
Dogs on the run

Drives: 2011 1LT
I agree with mclark, Update C5 is very active all over the state. Some events might be a little far away, but even some of those will be worth going to - especially those at Watkins Glen!

I went through Buffalo twice last night (including a stop at Duff's) taking my son back to Fredonia. I didn't see ANY Camaros, just a bunch of "rolling roadblocks" and people who can't seem to understand how toll booths work.

Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
If someone starts up a Western New York Club I hope they allow Canadians to join.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
tpower
aka NO POWER

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Quote:
If someone starts up a Western New York Club I hope they allow Canadians to join.
I thought we were honorary Upstate members ???
Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint135 View Post
I agree with mclark, Update C5 is very active all over the state. Some events might be a little far away, but even some of those will be worth going to - especially those at Watkins Glen!

I went through Buffalo twice last night (including a stop at Duff's) taking my son back to Fredonia. I didn't see ANY Camaros, just a bunch of "rolling roadblocks" and people who can't seem to understand how toll booths work.
There are many...and there's at least 10 or so people on the forums from the Buffalo Area alone...I think a lot of folks around here keep them parked more often than not. A little sad - but still...maybe all the need is a nice...local...REASON to take'em out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I thought we were honorary Upstate members ???
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Flashpoint135
Dogs on the run

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There are many...and there's at least 10 or so people on the forums from the Buffalo Area alone...I think a lot of folks around here keep them parked more often than not. A little sad - but still...maybe all the need is a nice...local...REASON to take'em out.

I know there's several in Buffalo area, I usually see at least a couple on my way through. This time all I saw was a fake Rousch looking Mustang.

Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I know there's several in Buffalo area, I usually see at least a couple on my way through. This time all I saw was a fake Rousch looking Mustang.
I'm sorry you had to see that. :(
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
I like the idea of a WNY club but I think Upstate C5 has the state covered very well and I'm a proud member of this club! I enjoy the events I participate in with them although it's usually only 2 or 3 a season. This year hopefully more!

I see Tons of Camaro's in WNY throughout the summer season and know about 5 UC5 members here. The only problem is that there is so much more going on locally but no one to co-ordinate C5 events or participation here. Pretty much every night of the week there's a cruise night somewhere. We just need to get together at some of them but not necesarily UC5 sponsored.

I do beilieve that there is a Western New York Camaro club but it has all generations of Camaros, not just C5's. I saw them at the Olcott show last year, which by the way Upstate had an outstanding showing there from all over the state!

So, what do you say to maybe between you and I we try to co-ordinate local get togethers? Of course you are invited to join UC5 with us and join all the UC5 fun!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I like the idea of a WNY club but I think Upstate C5 has the state covered very well and I'm a proud member of this club! I enjoy the events I participate in with them although it's usually only 2 or 3 a season. This year hopefully more!

I see Tons of Camaro's in WNY throughout the summer season and know about 5 UC5 members here. The only problem is that there is so much more going on locally but no one to co-ordinate C5 events or participation here. Pretty much every night of the week there's a cruise night somewhere. We just need to get together at some of them but not necesarily UC5 sponsored.

I do beilieve that there is a Western New York Camaro club but it has all generations of Camaros, not just C5's. I saw them at the Olcott show last year, which by the way Upstate had an outstanding showing there from all over the state!

So, what do you say to maybe between you and I we try to co-ordinate local get togethers? Of course you are invited to join UC5 with us and join all the UC5 fun!
Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

I in no way, shape or form intended to take away from the Upstate C5 club. You guys do great things! My thought was merely what you described - there no local get-togethers going on that I know of - and I'd love to help set something up.

Just as an example - I haven't given it any thought, the Quaker Steak & Lube on Transit has a cruise night Thursdays...all manner of cars come out, but it'd be nice to go as a Camaro5 group.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Oh yea! That has to be one of the more popular cruise nights in town! We'll just need to run it by Mark and Andy for their UC5 blessing i think! There's many 1 day or weekend shows also. We should look at a C5 showing at the Southgate Plaza show and Marilla shows too!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

Definitely!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I would definitely be up to attend a few more WNY cruise nights or local shows with you guys. I definitely want to get to some UpstateC5 events as well they are a fun group of people

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham

Great!

I was slightly afraid there'd only be 2 or three people interested in this - glad I appear to be wrong!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
WNY is my home territory too! Being from Wellsville area and having lived in Tonawanda yrs ago. I love the area and more representation up there would be great. I've wanted to do a Letchworth cruise and BBQ.
Here's the WNY Group, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=26. It's been dead for some time now. Maybe you guys can revive it and get people posting again.

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Quote:

OMG I miss that place! DUFFs rocks! I was going to stop there when I went to ssmike house, but weather turned on the way up and wanted to hurry back

Keep On Trucking
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Just as an example - I haven't given it any thought, the Quaker Steak & Lube on Transit has a cruise night Thursdays...all manner of cars come out, but it'd be nice to go as a Camaro5 group.
Count me in, it's closer to me than the ones based in Toronto.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
2010CAMAROJ

Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
WNY gatherings

I try to attend quite a few cruise nights here in WNY as well as some local shows that some of our Upsate C5 friends can't attend because of the distance. We definitely should get some organization for some local gatherings. Mike let me know as well as Dragoneye if you want some help with this. We tried to start a WNY Camaro club a few years ago, but never took off. I can put together a list of the local cruise nights and shows if you want, let me know.
Jason
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
ssmike
Missing Big Red

A list would be great! Should we maybe start a new thread? Maybe "WNY Upstate C5 local events" or something like that. Then we can list cruise nights and special local events like shows and stuff.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
2010CAMAROJ

Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Sounds good, I will start one tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxty9GTO View Post
WNY is my home territory too! Being from Wellsville area and having lived in Tonawanda yrs ago. I love the area and more representation up there would be great. I've wanted to do a Letchworth cruise and BBQ.
Here's the WNY Group, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=26. It's been dead for some time now. Maybe you guys can revive it and get people posting again.
Great - Will definitely look into that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
Count me in, it's closer to me than the ones based in Toronto.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CAMAROJ View Post
I try to attend quite a few cruise nights here in WNY as well as some local shows that some of our Upsate C5 friends can't attend because of the distance. We definitely should get some organization for some local gatherings. Mike let me know as well as Dragoneye if you want some help with this. We tried to start a WNY Camaro club a few years ago, but never took off. I can put together a list of the local cruise nights and shows if you want, let me know.
Jason
Great!! I'm excited, man - It'll be good to have a group of fellow Camaro owners in the area to hang out with every once in a while. And the timing couldn't be more perfect - by the time we can organize a small group, the weather should be cooperating!

Quote:
A list would be great! Should we maybe start a new thread? Maybe "WNY Upstate C5 local events" or something like that. Then we can list cruise nights and special local events like shows and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CAMAROJ View Post
Sounds good, I will start one tomorrow.
Great idea, ssmike! Thanks, 2010CamaroJ!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #23
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Your in WNY, the weather nvr cooperates!

Keep On Trucking
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #24
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Quote:
Oh yea! That has to be one of the more popular cruise nights in town! We'll just need to run it by Mark and Andy for their UC5 blessing i think! There's many 1 day or weekend shows also. We should look at a C5 showing at the Southgate Plaza show and Marilla shows too!
If you guys want to organize cruises and get-togethers and such in the name of UpstateC5 Andy & I have no problem with that. Just post such events in the club thread so everyone will know. You never know who might show up. Also, last year we anointed Paul (hobgoblin42) as a core member to be involved in things like this for your area. Just touch base with him.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
If you guys want to organize cruises and get-togethers and such in the name of UpstateC5 Andy & I have no problem with that. Just post such events in the club thread so everyone will know. You never know who might show up. Also, last year we anointed Paul (hobgoblin42) as a core member to be involved in things like this for your area. Just touch base with him.
Sounds good Mark, thanks!