Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
tpower
aka NO POWER

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
PROUD CHEVY & ZL1 FAN

I wont go into alot of details , But I am so proud to be a Chevy Fan and a Camaro ZL1 owner. Today was one of those days that happen once in a while and bring a smile to your face. I would like to thank all the Awesome Team members of Oshawa Plant and Chevy for all the great work and awesome products they make.

THANK YOU !!!
2012 ZL1 #241
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Congrats on your new ZL1.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
I love days like that. Glad you're enjoying the ZL1!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
tpower
aka NO POWER

Honestly it is all about the people who build , sell, work on these awesome cars. Chevy Rocks !!!!!!!!!
2012 ZL1 #241
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Glad you had one of those days! Hope your ZL1 is treating you well!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Congrats on your new baby! Had a SIM ZL1 go by me on my way home from work tonight, they look really good in the rear view mirror!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Wont go into details; sound like ya put the pedal to the metal on a closed street ( yah that's the ticket) and went from PermaGrin to ULTRA GRIN
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I wont go into alot of details , But I am so proud to be a Chevy Fan and a Camaro ZL1 owner. Today was one of those days that happen once in a while and bring a smile to your face. I would like to thank all the Awesome Team members of Oshawa Plant and Chevy for all the great work and awesome products they make.

THANK YOU !!!

Well said!!!!!!!!!!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post

THANK YOU !!!
Come on! Just a little hint?
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
tpower
aka NO POWER

I had a great customer service experience today
2012 ZL1 #241
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have no problems with the guys that design and build the cars........its always upper management and bean counters that designate product allotment and create a distribution screw up.....
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Always had a lot of love for the GM team. Never anything but top notch IMO. I was able to get a special tour of the Camaro factory in St. Therese, Quebec before they shut down production. Have yet to get down to the Oshawa plant, but that's on my list. After years and years of waiting, I am super happy to be apart of the Camaro family and that's what its all about.

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1 View Post
I have no problems with the guys that design and build the cars........its always upper management and bean counters that designate product allotment and create a distribution screw up.....
I cannot speak for Canada - but the people who pass laws (and in this case specifically, 'franchise laws') in each State within the United States are elected officials. They are not GM employees.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I cannot speak for Canada - but the people who pass laws (and in this case specifically, 'franchise laws') in each State within the United States are elected officials. They are not GM employees.
Scott I feel bad for you, I believe you had said this maybe a million times and people don't listen.

I didn't know anything about these laws, since this is the first time a preorder a car - is painful, but again i do understand is not GM fault.

Thanks for all your help and support throught out this time.

Regards,
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
tpower
aka NO POWER

Not sure what everyone is talking about. This was about a Great experience I had with GM and their employees. A employee who went out of his way to help me out!!!!!!
2012 ZL1 #241
Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #16
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Guys, I think I will try that one again....would you believe late nite post?.........Yes it definitely is about the people that design and build these hot products. Period. What I am seeing with this car is a failure at the top (GM management) and their communication with the dealerships, and the resultant lack thereof in disseminating product info to respective zl1 customers in a timely and orderly manner........this creates anxiety and hostilites, etc.........the way I see it you can either build me a car or you can't.......just let me know and I will move on.........it really is that simple
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #17
tpower
aka NO POWER

Just 1 great Chevy employee who made me proud to be A Chevy FAN and it shows people do care.
2012 ZL1 #241
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1 View Post
This is another example of a situation where things are not quite as simple as some may believe.

At a high level it's a concept that seems so simple -- Order a car from a dealer, the dealer places the order with GM, and then GM manufactures the vehicle and ships it to the dealer where it is delivered to the customer.

That is very close to what happens when one orders a vehicle that is not a high demand vehicle for which there is an abundant production ability. However, when one wants to order a vehicle for which there are considerably more willing buyers than there are vehicles that can be produced in a given period, that's when the complexities come in to play.

If GM, as an automobile manufacturer, were able to sell vehicles directly to consumers, a FIFO order and delivery process possibly could be used, and consumers might be able to obtain high demand vehicles on a first come first served basis. However, in the U.S it is illegal for an automobile manufacturer to sell a vehicle directly to a consumer because all fifty states have automobile franchise laws that require that new cars must be sold to consumers by dealers and not by manufacturers.

Many may ask why states have automobile franchise laws. The reason they exist is that prior to the enacting of the franchise laws manufacturers had tremendous power compared to dealerships, and, therefore, the state automobile franchise laws were initially written in an attempt to protect automobile dealers by neutralizing the disparity in bargaining power between the automobile manufacturers and the dealers.

However, many now believe that current automobile franchise laws go too far and heavily favor the automobile dealers -- due to their political clout. An example is that automobile dealerships have gained territorial monopolies (called geographic areas) from their manufacturers, fending off anyone who might want to muscle in by opening a competing franchise.

The automobile franchise laws are complex and they vary from state to state, and GM must comply with all of them. Therefore, it's not just a simple matter of one walking into any dealer, placing an order for a high demand vehicle, and then having GM produce and deliver it on demand.

We all should try to remember that things in life are rarely as simple as they appear to be at first glance.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 04-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote