Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
hypoxic

Drives: Empty Space
What is so wrong with my ZL1?

What is so wrong with my ZL1 that it's still bayed almost 2 weeks after shipping started. Yes, gray stripe. Anything else? Did the paint come off when the stripe was pulled? I'm assuming they changed them. Is Chevrolet going to ask me to accept a car that's been partially repainted? How's that going to look? Does that come with a discount? At this point some contact from GM might be an appropriate thing to do. Maybe a phone call? My dealer can't seem to find the answer and those of us that are still bayed don't know anything.

If you want to run with the Porsches, fine. But as a guy that has owned three 911's I can assure you they don't treat their customers this way.
hypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxic View Post
What is so wrong with my ZL1 that it's still bayed almost 2 weeks after shipping started. Yes, gray stripe. Anything else? Did the paint come off when the stripe was pulled? I'm assuming they changed them. Is Chevrolet going to ask me to accept a car that's been partially repainted? How's that going to look? Does that come with a discount? At this point some contact from GM might be an appropriate thing to do. Maybe a phone call? My dealer can't seem to find the answer and those of us that are still bayed don't know anything.

If you want to run with the Porsches, fine. But as a guy that has owned three 911's I can assure you they don't treat their customers this way.
Im losing my mind and sleep over this
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
what is wrong with my ZL1

As I mentioned in another post on this subject I have Vin # 4--so its been a long time...I am much older then 99% of the People on this Forum.... there will always be issues ---- nothing is perfect--so you have to learn to roll with it.......for what its worth after losing my Wife Recently if you have your Health you have everything--anything else can be Rectified.......
Relax this won't be the last problem with ZL1.
One thing though GM like most of the Auto Companies has still not learned how to keep the lines of Communication open.....There reaction to all these holdups--is they can't win if they open up or stay tight lipped.....I personally disagree....Harvey
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:

Your in with some elite company Z Boss (number 4 car) and Harvey (nuff said) so whatever they are doing I can bet your cars will be some of the best looking and best operating That being said maybe you can PM Fbody, and he can give you some insight
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
You do realize that technically they are delivering them when they said they would .... for the most part. They said March - April time frame as I remember.

I am hoping to see mine in May. I do realize that you would like to know the situation for yours since others are shipping. I hope you can find that out for your own peace of mind.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:

You wouldn't happen to have a brother named Drake would you?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
hypoxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
No, just high expectations.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
more cars are repainted, either partially or completely way more often than most people realize.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
It's the nature of things when we want something so bad, nothing seems acceptable until we have it. I remember waiting for my SS in 2009, I drive my dealer crazy. It'll be worth it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Nessal

Drives: Lotus Exige
I don't know. I still think this release was a huge fail for GM. IMO, they should have waited much later to announce the car when they are 100% sure of the release date. Kind of like what Apple does with their product. You don't know that it's coming out until a month before it hit the stores and production of the product is already ready to ship. So you either put up or shut up. Seems to work well for them. That way, you reduce the chance of getting undercut by the competition and also causing dissatisfied customers. It just felt like GM dragged this out wayyyy too long. Just my 2 cents.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
I'm in this club also and wish that I knew more no. 332 sunroof and stripe.
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

They don't ensure cars are perfect before leaving the plant? For shame!

I know this is the last thing you want to hear -- but be patient. Chances are your car is being held for the stripe. Rumor has it they're fixing something about it...shape, color, placement. I dunno...

What I DO know is that they're not holding cars because they like teasing us...they are working as fast as they can to ensure this vehicle is second to none when you take delivery.

That's actually one of the driving factors of the ZL1s delay: they have SUCH a high standard for the car that small, otherwise insignificant things get looked at with a microscope. More than anything else - that makes me very happy. The wait resulting from this scrutiny....not so much. But it's a trade-off I'm willing to accept, rather than get a car that could possibly have bad components...

It'll come, I promise!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #14
69NMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They don't ensure cars are perfect before leaving the plant? For shame!

I know this is the last thing you want to hear -- but be patient. Chances are your car is being held for the stripe. Rumor has it they're fixing something about it...shape, color, placement. I dunno...

What I DO know is that they're not holding cars because they like teasing us...they are working as fast as they can to ensure this vehicle is second to none when you take delivery.

That's actually one of the driving factors of the ZL1s delay: they have SUCH a high standard for the car that small, otherwise insignificant things get looked at with a microscope. More than anything else - that makes me very happy. The wait resulting from this scrutiny....not so much. But it's a trade-off I'm willing to accept, rather than get a car that could possibly have bad components...

It'll come, I promise!
Blah,blah,blah. It's a stripe, fix it. Vin #4 should not be held up for a stripe issue which they have known about for months when vin 480 is driving his already
Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #15
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1; '07 Ducati 1098
Relax fellas. I HAVE VIN #80 and I didn't order no damn stripe or sunroof and I'm still waiting. Your car will come just be patient.
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Ever think lower VINs are parked in the back of the lot and they have to move the higher VINs out of the way to ship them? Just a thought. At least you can get a ZL1, some of us can only dream.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #17
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
Ever think lower VINs are parked in the back of the lot and they have to move the higher VINs out of the way to ship them? Just a thought. At least you can get a ZL1, some of us can only dream.
BINGO!!!!!! I am still waiting for # 75 and many big manufacturers have came out with issues and they freeze everything until is fixed - example Ferreri ($200k plus car) don't remember the model that was catching fire all the time - they recalled all models and stop delivery until it was FIXED.

It just a freaking car and GM told us it will deliver in March or April and that is including whatever major issue they had which they FIXED AND THEY ARE DELIVERING IN APRIL -so PEOPLE take a chill pill.

I don't care how mad any of you are, but some of you are just plain naggers - come on!!!! We are adults here ( I think)

Don't expect reasons for delay and be humble enought to accept an apology, which they have already(Scott and the Camaro team)

My apologies if I have offended anyone
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #18
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Instead of "gray" it should be "bay" stripe lol Jkjk! I feel for you guys it's bs but honesty that stripe is hideous and I hope they send something much more appealing like a carbon fiber stripe
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
hypoxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Instead of "gray" it should be "bay" stripe lol Jkjk! I feel for you guys it's bs but honesty that stripe is hideous and I hope they send something much more appealing like a carbon fiber stripe
"Bay Stripe" I like it! Coincidental that Bay Stripe= BS. Hoping that the new improved version is worth the wait.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzl1 View Post
BINGO!!!!!! I am still waiting for # 75 and many big manufacturers have came out with issues and they freeze everything until is fixed - example Ferreri ($200k plus car) don't remember the model that was catching fire all the time - they recalled all models and stop delivery until it was FIXED.

It just a freaking car and GM told us it will deliver in March or April and that is including whatever major issue they had which they FIXED AND THEY ARE DELIVERING IN APRIL -so PEOPLE take a chill pill.

I don't care how mad any of you are, but some of you are just plain naggers - come on!!!! We are adults here ( I think)

Don't expect reasons for delay and be humble enought to accept an apology, which they have already(Scott and the Camaro team)

My apologies if I have offended anyone

458 italia
10%lower (10psi)
catless
ported lsa TB
JRE custom tune

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
You are impatient with your car built. Try to be like some of us that our car is not built yet and the orders were placed the first day 11/3/12. I am still at 1102 and don't even know if I am getting a 2012. I am a camaro fan but I am also losing my patients. I think we all be getting our cars soon and look back and say it was not that bad after all. I went trough this with my 2010 SS good thing I still have it. My camaro friends hang in there.
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
hypoxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
You are impatient with your car built. Try to be like some of us that our car is not built yet and the orders were placed the first day 11/3/12. I am still at 1102 and don't even know if I am getting a 2012. I am a camaro fan but I am also losing my patients. I think we all be getting our cars soon and look back and say it was not that bad after all. I went trough this with my 2010 SS good thing I still have it. My camaro friends hang in there.
Good point, our cars were ordered the same day. Both scenarios are tough. Having a built car that sits around for months and can't seem to get out of Canada or stilll being on the fence at 1102. At least when yours does get built it will come straight to you. Good luck. I hope it works out.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
Mine shipped yesterday. I called customer service and got my rail car number
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
Exactly!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
69NMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
Mine shipped yesterday. I called customer service and got my rail car number
Right on congrats, should be soon for the rest of us waiting, can I have yor order #, I want to see what gmconnects looks like