Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Great job I love it.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
There is a shop here that does that and I asked them to wrap the black pieces around the silver-ish parts but they said they couldnt since the surface is textured and not flat...

Have you tried to wrap any of the textured parts?
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
bngummow
SoCal Head Turner

Drives: Camaro LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy35 View Post
yeah the vinyl is addicting for sure lol. when you removed the fabric from your trim, what type of prep work did you have to do if any?
i would recommend that you sand it with some high grit paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I wanna know this as well. Looking to either do this or paint mine, vinyl would be cheaper, but I have terrible luck with vinyl bubbling up and things. Did you apply dry or with soapy water?
i got it from a buddy of mine. and water w/ soap is the best way to go, but depends on the piece that you are wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
looks good where did you get the vinyl from and how much do you need.
you should be good with 12x90 for all of this if you cut it properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
There is a shop here that does that and I asked them to wrap the black pieces around the silver-ish parts but they said they couldnt since the surface is textured and not flat...

Have you tried to wrap any of the textured parts?
yes i have done textured surfaces for some people. the surface has to be sanded/prepped

SoCal Headturner | Camaro SS LS3
bngummow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #29
timmy35

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
thanks for the help, I went for it myself . have to go get more to do the doors, but here is the dash trim completed. Also did the Bow-tie that came with my Heritage Grille.. she wont be wearing it, I only did it because I'm addicted lol.
Attached Images

Tags
carbon fiber, center console, dash trim, door panel, interior