Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #451
Onecoolcamaroguy
Banned

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2LT/Rs
Brandon everyone know Gms customer service reps are placed there to try and pacify customers to make them think General Motors doesnt care!I get the same answer evertime I talk to a Gm customer servce rep.Im sorry theres nothing I can do!You want to make me believe.Get a Camaro dash pad part#22880754 sent to me and I will beieve!But we all know what the answer is!
Onecoolcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #452
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Let us know. And if you haven't inured it out. Either Brandon is a computer generated response. Or a bad bad bad service rep. Lol. Useless to be honest. Never have I seen him clear a issue up. Always a let me know if anything I can do. Yah get our issues addressed. Bubbles, indexing on radio. Problems with so many things and every thread I see with him is same response. Please someone give me a Brandon story where he got the deal one with gm or the dealer. Only issues that have ever gotten taken car of for me was with my second yes second replaced torque converter. I had to call gm. And wait and wait then finally they called my dealer. Because my car was there for a second time for over 2 weeks. Now waiting on a dash board leather piece for the drivers side corner. Guess how long. It's been about 2 weeks. Gm. Your losing us again as customers and seems as if your just sitting back watching it happen. Why. And I am sure we will here no response to this post as well.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #453
Rockit_z28
Team 1BAD DOG

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Your losing us again as customers and seems as if your just sitting back watching it happen. Why.
I could not agree more. We just went through a similar instance on my wife's Caddillac and GM did nothing. Multiple complaints, letters from attorney and still nothing.

If you are in the market for a vehicle in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area stay very far away from Burns Chevrolet Cadillac. They used to be a good dealership, but now like the rest of GM, they no longer care.

I went to driving Acuras in the late 80s and early 90s because of GMs problems and I will do it again if they keep it up.

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, Hex Vents, Billet Custom Valve Covers, Emblem Pros, Weld Wheels
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

S.L. Customs: http://www.slcustomsonline.com/
FSP: http://www.floridaspeedandpower.com/

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #454
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well the bubble on mine is hardly noticeable unless you happen to run your fingers over it and see the bulge. I am sure they will find a fix for it. As for the dashboard cracking I haven't seen that issue.
Same here. On my replacement piece from back in April or so, the bubbling is almost even across the top of the radio, so it's really not noticeable unless you look at it from the side between the steering wheel and the dashboard. It hasn't gotten any worse. I'll probably just leave mine as is and forget about it.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #455
Blues45th

So funny. Before the camaro guess what I too had issues with a cts Cadillac. Had to get my attorney to contact them. Was a mess. Never fixed it. Then the Chevy dealer next store called and had been contacted by my attorney who is friends with the manager. He and he alone not gm but the dealership stepped up and bought my pos cts. 9200 miles over 4 years and nothing but issues. Now looking like a year into my camaro and the games and issues start again. And like I stated in the earlier post, watch the response from gm and " Brandon" about these issues. Like a computer generated response. Brandon I now we all gotta do something for work and I understand that this is your job but I mean really how do you go home and go to sleep thinking your doing something good when all you do is weave the web bigger and deeper with blank and basic responses. He doesn't even come into the other threads where issues are happening Dailey with nasty dealers and bs excuses of why they won't honor a warranty. We will see and to be honest I expect nothing here to change. This forum isn't what everyone thinks. Want even go there lol. Good luck everyone. And all i can say is like what I'm involved with personally. As a union steward. Strength in numbers. Keep informing and sticking together.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #456
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
Same here. On my replacement piece from back in April or so, the bubbling is almost even across the top of the radio, so it's really not noticeable unless you look at it from the side between the steering wheel and the dashboard. It hasn't gotten any worse. I'll probably just leave mine as is and forget about it.
Take it in and get it documented again. The reason they are not replacing them any more is because a suitable repair has not been found yet. It does no good to keep replacing a bad part with another bad part. But they will if you keep insisting. My dealer told me as soon as they get notified the better part is available they will notify me. But I still ask when I get my oil changed.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #457
Blues45th

So you feel it's ok for them to even have a issue like this on a car with less then 10000 miles. Have we gotten to the point where cars are like cell phones and made to last a year or two?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #458
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So you feel it's ok for them to even have a issue like this on a car with less then 10000 miles. Have we gotten to the point where cars are like cell phones and made to last a year or two?
Did I say it's OK? Where did you read that? Go ahead and let them put on that piece again and guess what you will be crying again next summer when that one bubbles too. So you are saying a piece of fake leather on the dash bubbling makes the car worn out in a year or two. Sir you are exaggerating beyond a point of logic.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #459
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I actually do have the replacement piece bubbling on file with GM and with the dealer who installed the trim. At first the dealer wanted to replace it again, but I told them no until an actual solution had been created. But luckily the replacement piece looks better than the original when it started to bubble up. Again, if mine doesn't get any worse, then I'm not messing with it anymore.

Last edited by djm96z28; 12-11-2012 at 10:37 AM.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #460
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecoolcamaroguy View Post
Brandon everyone know Gms customer service reps are placed there to try and pacify customers to make them think General Motors doesnt care!I get the same answer evertime I talk to a Gm customer servce rep.Im sorry theres nothing I can do!You want to make me believe.Get a Camaro dash pad part#22880754 sent to me and I will beieve!But we all know what the answer is!

I would like to look into this for you and anyone else on this thread that is currently experiencing an issue. I will need a first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership name to set up a case with GM customer service. Also, if you currently have a case, I can review it to make sure things are being done appropriately. Please let me know.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #461
MaXKiLLz

Drives: Camaro SS
Someone please ban Brandon the Robot...
MaXKiLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #462
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXKiLLz View Post
Someone please ban Brandon the Robot...
Wow 6 posts and asking to ban someone, good move fella

Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #463
Childs Play
Is this thing working?

Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Bitching at the guy trying to help you isn't going to fix anything...

Brandon helped me with my Camaro when it had the same issue. It could be that since they haven't solved the problem with the bubbling dash they are holding off on replacing anymore till they do. Since I had mine replaced a while back I haven't had anymore problems. It is now a garage kept car though so it doesn't sit in the Texas sun all day anymore.

As for the indexing issues there is a fix for that (Sir Nuke in the H-Town Camaro Club helped me with this exact same issue). However, when you take it to the dealership they say oh that one is probably an old TSB and use a different TSB that doesn't resolve the issue... You have to push that you want this specific TSB. I didn't push it and it wasn't fixed 100% because instead of replacing the unit like they were supposed to they just updated the software. It helped quite a bit but still acts up every now and again. Now that it's not a daily driver I havent really cared enough to get the indexing thing fixed. It works good enough for me now and rarely messes up if ever. But I have attached the proper TSB for the PDIM indexing issue.

Brandon, I for one do appreciate your help on this site. I know how it is dealing with customers who are irate all the time... I do hope that there is a permanent fix for this dash issue soon however. I've seen it happen in many 2012 Camaros and then when the dealership goes to fix it they pull out the whole dash...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PI0055B_with_GM_PN_.pdf (1.87 MB, 105 views)
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #464
TRWhite

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Dash bubbles

Add 1 more to the bubbling dash.
Injen Power-Flow Performance Air Intake System
Elite Catch Can
TRWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #465
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Stumbled across this. Didnt even notice my used 2012 was doing it until someone pointed in out to me. But looks just like the picture posted on the first page. Chock me up as another bubbled dash
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #466
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Bitching at the guy trying to help you isn't going to fix anything...

Brandon helped me with my Camaro when it had the same issue. It could be that since they haven't solved the problem with the bubbling dash they are holding off on replacing anymore till they do. Since I had mine replaced a while back I haven't had anymore problems. It is now a garage kept car though so it doesn't sit in the Texas sun all day anymore.

As for the indexing issues there is a fix for that (Sir Nuke in the H-Town Camaro Club helped me with this exact same issue). However, when you take it to the dealership they say oh that one is probably an old TSB and use a different TSB that doesn't resolve the issue... You have to push that you want this specific TSB. I didn't push it and it wasn't fixed 100% because instead of replacing the unit like they were supposed to they just updated the software. It helped quite a bit but still acts up every now and again. Now that it's not a daily driver I havent really cared enough to get the indexing thing fixed. It works good enough for me now and rarely messes up if ever. But I have attached the proper TSB for the PDIM indexing issue.

Brandon, I for one do appreciate your help on this site. I know how it is dealing with customers who are irate all the time... I do hope that there is a permanent fix for this dash issue soon however. I've seen it happen in many 2012 Camaros and then when the dealership goes to fix it they pull out the whole dash...
Thank you very much for the shout out! I am here to do what I can with the available options and resources that I have. If anyone would like me to research this concern any further, I will need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership in a PM to my inbox.

I look forward to your replies!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #467
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I can say Brandon has helped me on more the one occasion, he is far from a "Bot". My thanks again for all that Brandon does to help!

Sent from my 2SS/RS via Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #468
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 Inferno Orange
Add another one to this list, just picked up a brand new 2012 1SS, and the next day i heard a pop sound, looked at my dash and noticed around my radio that the leather is starting to come undue....... this is my 1st camaro and i hope this is my only problem.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #469
MaXKiLLz

Drives: Camaro SS
I ask again. Would it be possible to take the panel insert to a leather upholstery shop and have them bond it correctly?
MaXKiLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #470
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
I ask again. Would it be possible to take the panel insert to a leather upholstery shop and have them bond it correctly?
If you do that and it does not work either GM will not cover it under warranty.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #471
Childs Play
Is this thing working?

Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Quote:
I haven't heard of anyone doing this but I wouldn't mind you being the guinea pig on this.

If it was possible I wouldn't mind trying something like a dark blue leather insert to go along with the IBM paint job. It might give it unique look. Or... ruin the interior...

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #472
AKA-51

Drives: Ellie
bump
AKA-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #473
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Five will get you ten, if you trade that bubbling dash panel for a 2014 Corvette dash panel in September, your problem will be solved once and for all.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #474
theragtopguy
Lifetime Phillies Fan

Drives: Silver/Black '12 2LT 'Vert 6-speed
Dropped mine off today for a water leak and the replacement dash insert....bubbling again....serv mgr even said it's worse than before. Let's see what they do now.

Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!

Ported TB, CAI induction, MRT V-2 Pipes
theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #475
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Dropped mine off today for a water leak and the replacement dash insert....bubbling again....serv mgr even said it's worse than before. Let's see what they do now.

Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!
well, i can tell you what they will do now.. and that is nothing. i have been waiting for a fix for this as well as other have for ever. its just sad that something like this can not be resolved in a timely manner. they just keep making new cars with the same peices and move on. i doubt this will ever be fixed.