Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #476
theragtopguy
Lifetime Phillies Fan
 
theragtopguy's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver/Black '12 2LT 'Vert 6-speed
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Eastern Penns Woods
Posts: 730
I picked it up today and the service mgr told me they were working on a new piece to be ready in the Spring....I asked him why not just epoxy the crap out of it? He had no answer.


Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!
__________________
Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!
theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #477
Onecoolcamaroguy
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2LT/Rs
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14
I had the same issue.First time they said thed look into it.The dash got worse and the dealer gave me a TSB telling dealers that they are not allowed to replace them.The part retails for $155 dollars.I could of had it shipped to my door for $109 dollars wholesale,but the point is Gm is Breaching the warranty and in violation of the Moss repair act.I filed with the BBB of Nj autoline and Gm called me and are replacing it.The part is in and will be installed on the 27th of December.Dont let them get away with it!Just file with the BBB auto line in your state.Thats the only way.Gm's new moddo is REPAIR NOTHING UNDER WARRANTY!
Onecoolcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #478
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecoolcamaroguy View Post
I had the same issue.First time they said thed look into it.The dash got worse and the dealer gave me a TSB telling dealers that they are not allowed to replace them.The part retails for $155 dollars.I could of had it shipped to my door for $109 dollars wholesale,but the point is Gm is Breaching the warranty and in violation of the Moss repair act.I filed with the BBB of Nj autoline and Gm called me and are replacing it.The part is in and will be installed on the 27th of December.Dont let them get away with it!Just file with the BBB auto line in your state.Thats the only way.Gm's new moddo is REPAIR NOTHING UNDER WARRANTY!
Give me a break. I understand your frustration but what is the point of forcing a repair that will clearly happen again. GM says they are working on a repair and I believe them. If it happens to me ill notify my dealer and will wait for the fix instead of having my dash ripped up numerous times. And if it gets to be an unreasonable amount of time I will then peruse other avenues.


Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 371/383
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #479
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Give me a break. I understand your frustration but what is the point of forcing a repair that will clearly happen again. GM says they are working on a repair and I believe them. If it happens to me ill notify my dealer and will wait for the fix instead of having my dash ripped up numerous times. And if it gets to be an unreasonable amount of time I will then peruse other avenues.


Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
Check out his other posts. Especially about the repairs after his "accident".
It's entertaining reading....
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #480
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Check out his other posts. Especially about the repairs after his "accident".
It's entertaining reading....

Here's his thread on the same thing. He obviously missed my response... Lol...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265619

Let him enjoy his part that will deform and bubble again. Ignorance is bliss.
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #481
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Here's his thread on the same thing. He obviously missed my response... Lol...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265619

Let him enjoy his part that will deform and bubble again. Ignorance is bliss.
Well he's been banned....
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #482
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well he's been banned....
Huh... I missed that. Could be for the best...
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #483
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Huh... I missed that. Could be for the best...
I don't even think he really owned a Camaro because his stories kept changing. Sometimes it was his car sometimes his brothers. Always the same problems, always taken to the BBB and includes getting a lawyer. Tried to blame GM for shoddy work after an accident because parts fell off his car, said they were cheap parts. He was a teller of tall tales.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #484
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 24,482
TTT.. any update on this issue
__________________
Dznts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #485
djm96z28

 
djm96z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 853
I've just about forgotten about mine. It's really not that noticeable, so I'll just live with it as is. Not worth messing with after one replacement for me unless it starts to get worse with warmer weather.

Last edited by djm96z28; 02-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #486
SirZeusor
 
SirZeusor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dunedin Florida
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
The strip of dash just under the center vents has a bubble in it that seems to have formed over time (I know it wasn't that way a few months ago).

Anyone else have this?

yep goes in tomorrow for replacement
and a crap load of other things
i got a lemon and its time to escelate it for a new car.
4500 miles and this will be the 7th time to the shop for various things.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #487
Toasty
Custom User Title :D
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZeusor View Post
yep goes in tomorrow for replacement
and a crap load of other things
i got a lemon and its time to escelate it for a new car.
4500 miles and this will be the 7th time to the shop for various things.

I'm not sure what other issues you're having, but cosmetic issues like this don't equal a lemon. Hope your other issues are not major, though
__________________
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #488
kristyjk36
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS with RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Mine too

I had a new stereo installed and the installer sheepishly pointed out my bubbling dash under those front vents. I didn't go to the dealer yet -- have an annoying rattle to report on the driver's side near the window, too -- and was just researching stuff on this site.

So...lots of 2012 2SS people have this. yay.

Any word on the GM part to solve this? Or should I just go to the dealer and see what they can do? Koons here in MD have been really good to work with so I may be lucky, but I don't want to go through having my dash ripped apart multiple times...
kristyjk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #489
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjk36 View Post
I had a new stereo installed and the installer sheepishly pointed out my bubbling dash under those front vents. I didn't go to the dealer yet -- have an annoying rattle to report on the driver's side near the window, too -- and was just researching stuff on this site.

So...lots of 2012 2SS people have this. yay.

Any word on the GM part to solve this? Or should I just go to the dealer and see what they can do? Koons here in MD have been really good to work with so I may be lucky, but I don't want to go through having my dash ripped apart multiple times...
I do not know if GM has solved the issue yet. I know there was a TSB a while back on this where they were not replacing them till they found a solution. You could always ask but dealerships are generally clueless about anything.

I had mine replaced before there was a TSB on it. If they do replace it make sure they DO NOT pull out the entire dash. It's only an insert and they don't need to pull out the whole dash for it. My dealership ordered the wrong part thinking it was the entire dash and then after they had it out of the car they realized it was just a small insert and put it all back together and made me wait another week till they had the insert in. Well... needless to say nothing lines up perfectly in my car anymore in regards to the dash and they scratched the hell out of the plastic down by the center console gauges. So be wary about getting this replaced. I'm sure it's a much more known issue now but once again. Dealerships are clueless.
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #490
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,137
Isn't there a way to remove the leather piece and add extra glue (a glue with more power to withstand heat ?
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #491
Michael Rophone
 
Michael Rophone's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 637
I had my whole dash replaced. But the new one has a little horse on it.

.
.
(did I really type that?)
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #492
kristyjk36
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS with RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Visited my dealer on Monday. They started to have an issue with my new stereo (Metra DIN was used so it fits perfectly and was not the cause), but I talked them out of that direction. Was super nice and told them about the research I'd done here and that it's an insert. "No, it will need to be the entire dash but we'll check for TSBs and let you know for sure. But looks like it's the entire dash."

I'll have to tell them when they come to that conclusion (and if Ken from my dealership here is White Marsh, MD is reading this, please read all these posts carefully!) that it's only an insert and I will not allow them to rip the guts out of my girl!

Now as for the rattle near my ear...I found the trim pops off and I think I can just put some cushiony silicone there to fix that. My "body man" didn't say so or acknowledge me when I asked about that, but I figure it can't hurt to try it.

If anyone has any updates on their situation, please post. A TSB would be awesome.
Thanks.
Kristy
kristyjk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #493
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjk36 View Post
Visited my dealer on Monday. They started to have an issue with my new stereo (Metra DIN was used so it fits perfectly and was not the cause), but I talked them out of that direction. Was super nice and told them about the research I'd done here and that it's an insert. "No, it will need to be the entire dash but we'll check for TSBs and let you know for sure. But looks like it's the entire dash."

I'll have to tell them when they come to that conclusion (and if Ken from my dealership here is White Marsh, MD is reading this, please read all these posts carefully!) that it's only an insert and I will not allow them to rip the guts out of my girl!

Now as for the rattle near my ear...I found the trim pops off and I think I can just put some cushiony silicone there to fix that. My "body man" didn't say so or acknowledge me when I asked about that, but I figure it can't hurt to try it.

If anyone has any updates on their situation, please post. A TSB would be awesome.
Thanks.
Kristy
Yep. If they tell you its the entire dash just for the bubbling insert and insist... Go somewhere else... They ordered my part back when this first happened. I didn't know they were going to pull out the entire dash but... they did and then called me and said it was the wrong part... AFTER they had pulled out my dash. Nothing lines up properly anymore. I've gotten over it and used to it but geez... You figured they would have checked the part BEFORE they pulled my entire dash out.

I also have that slight rattle behind me. I'll try putting something in there to stop it.
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #494
SirZeusor
 
SirZeusor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dunedin Florida
Posts: 140
after the 2nd time for the dash and the other 8 issues i have had with this car the dealer actually told me to call a lawyer.....

waiting on documentation

guess who im calling.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #495
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZeusor View Post
after the 2nd time for the dash and the other 8 issues i have had with this car the dealer actually told me to call a lawyer.....

waiting on documentation

guess who im calling.
I'd hope not a lawyer. Call the GM corporate offices. They worked wonders for me when a dealership messed up my rim and refused to fix it saying I hit a wall in my car.... So did opening up a BBB report for the same problem.
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #496
2011 SS SLP ZL427
 
2011 SS SLP ZL427's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drums PA
Posts: 115
I think their idea of redesigning the interior in 2012 to make it look more "lively" is biting them in the rear in my opinion I dont think leather should be anywhere on the dash in the summer heat that dash reaches over 110 degrees in the sun if the glue doesnt let loose the leather will crack in due time I think it was a bad idea on GM's part in fact they should have stuck with the 10-11 dash, it looks nice and all if it was a garage queen it doesn't hold up to the elements of everyday tempertaure changes.
__________________
2011 SS SLP ZL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #497
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: Ellie-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,059
bump any updates??
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #498
buddysilva
 
buddysilva's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 F150 SuperCrew
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 208
I have the same bubbles on mine. I haven't called my dealer yet. I also need to take it in for the convertible top recall. Was hoping to get them done together. Any new news?
__________________
2012 2SS/RS, Convert,IOM, IOM INT., Stripes, GFX , 20" Polished,Painted Engine Covers, Satin Gas Door, Hurst ST. chevy:
buddysilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #499
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Just take it in and tell them what's up. Some dealers will fix it. Others won't.
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #500
Childs Play
Is this thing working?
 
Childs Play's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Katy, TX.
Posts: 156
Just make sure they don't try to pull out your entire dash to do it
__________________
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there Interior ambiance lighting across dash? Bumblebee2012 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 23 01-30-2014 08:20 AM
F/S: Alpine Dash Kit and W910 Combo! pyr0b0y Local Marketplace 23 07-22-2012 12:18 AM
Where to buy dash inserts? OHIOSS Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 3 02-27-2012 04:34 PM
Dash Panel Swap -- FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO DO ABL MOD 2010ABM USA - Texas 6 05-25-2011 10:57 AM
Dash Scratches what to do? strauchpete Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 0 02-14-2010 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.