Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #358
akonechn

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Any idea how hard it would be to switch to the suede dash piece from the zl1? Any input if they are having similar problems? I'd hope not.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #359
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Shouldn't be hard at all. I would think sooner or later they would have the same issue
Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #360
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
good news from the dealer today!!!! my service manager spoke to GM's tech team today, and said that they have been working with the plastic manufacturer for a permanent solution and will pulling their inventory of faulty dash trim pieces. I was also told that they will be putting out a TSB very soon. Finally getting somewhere.
Fantastic news! If you or anyone gets a hold of the TSB number, please share and we can all go get this taken care of for good.
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #361
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Mine is showing some slight bubbling but unless you run your fingers over it you can't see it. so i will wait till the final fix is in before taking mine in to be repaired.

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #362
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
Fantastic news! If you or anyone gets a hold of the TSB number, please share and we can all go get this taken care of for good.
as soon as i get more info i will share it with everyone.! hopefully this pain in the arse is almost taken care of!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #363
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Finally took it in to dealer. Not sure why as if when this gets replaced it will just bubble up again. Service rep said it will take a long time to take apart the dash. It got me worried that he isn't aware of this issue so I let him know that most all with this issue are 2012s with the leather trim and only that trim gets replaced. We need some fix ASAP.

[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]

Last edited by dcplus14; 08-15-2012 at 12:23 PM.
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #364
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
How do they fix this? Mine has large bubbles forming on the passenger side
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #365
StarkCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
Finally took it in to dealer. Not sure why as if when this gets replaced it will just bubble up again. Service rep said it will take a long time to take apart the dash. It got me worried that he isn't aware of this issue so I let him know that most all with this issue are 2012s with the leather trim and only that trim gets replaced. We need some fix ASAP.

Mine looks just like yours Im going to go ahead and try to get it replaced, but I am going to do all possible to try and prevent it from happening again.I honestly dont believe its the curvature causeing this. I beleive that its that change in temp of the leather/ glue when the driver gets in the car. Cause you have hot leather and glue, then the leather gets cold and contracts , then the glue dries causing the adhesive to marr and removed from tiny areas causing it to bubble??? I dunno...... But just so yall know i only take my car out once a week, but i do live in south texas so it is super hot here, so when i do take it out im gonna keep it shaded vented, and closes those middle vents!!!!!!!
StarkCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #366
RedHotLS66

Drives: 2012 1LS Victory 6spd w/blade
My girlfriend pointed out to me the other day that the other piece on the left side of the gauge cluster is also bubbling......:(
RedHotLS66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #367
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

should here something back from my dealer or gm by Friday of this week. I will relay what I hear back to you guys
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #368
45th
Steelers!

Drives: 2014 Silverado
Quote:

I took the leather insert out of my cousins car so he could paint the air vent trim, It took all of 15-20 mins to get it out. I didnt know a hour max to do a job was a long time.

My dash is bubbling aswell
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #369
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th View Post
I took the leather insert out of my cousins car so he could paint the air vent trim, It took all of 15-20 mins to get it out. I didnt know a hour max to do a job was a long time.

My dash is bubbling aswell
How about a DIY for removing the insert. I was thinking maybe an upholstery shop could recover it with material similar to my cloth door panels or even red leather.

The Bird is the word!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #370
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:

Looks just like mine. It just started last weekend
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #371
45th
Steelers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How about a DIY for removing the insert. I was thinking maybe an upholstery shop could recover it with material similar to my cloth door panels or even red leather.
I did take some pic's...ill see if i can put something together
Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #372
45th
Steelers!

I found a diy on painting the trim, it shows how to remove the dash insert... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...47#post5458547

The only tools needed are a 7mm driver, phillips screw driver, and either a flathead screw driver or trim removal tool.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #373
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th View Post
I found a diy on painting the trim, it shows how to remove the dash insert... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...47#post5458547

The only tools needed are a 7mm driver, phillips screw driver, and either a flathead screw driver or trim removal tool.
Thanks, that looks fairly simple. I wonder how hard the piece to the left is to remove. Does anyone know?

The Bird is the word!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #374
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Thanks, that looks fairly simple. I wonder how hard the piece to the left is to remove. Does anyone know?
I'm going to guess it's got a clip mount just like the rest of the dash. I should have guessed that's how everything was snapped in but I didn't realize it. To think early on in this thread the idea was that the entire dash had to be replaced.
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote