Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
PDUB

Drives: Black RS Camaro
SCRATCHES

Does anyone have problems with the paint scratching too easy. I have scratches all over my car and it is brand new!
PDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
1. You have Black and Black shows scratches way more than any other paint job...
2. Chevy's paint on this car is crap just wait until you start getting the quarter panel gill chips everyone, that doesn't 3M, eventually gets.
3. Yes I find it a huge problem.
4. This isn't a warranty issue....
5. This has been talked about over and over
6. Welcome to Camaro5!
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Z06 Vette, ATS Turbo
With a black car, you have to be very careful.

What you use to wash your car can scratch the paint, what you use to dry it can scratch the paint.

I always wash mine indoors with a microfiber wash mitt and 2 soap buckets. I hose it down like nobody's business, get all the big dirty spots off then I wash the very dirty areas with one soap bucket. Go inside and thoroughly clean my wash mitt, then wash the whole car with the other soap bucket. I use clean/ultra soft bathroom towels to dry it off and then go over the spots I missed with a microfiber cloth.

It seems like a lot of work but i get tons of compliments on how nice my paint is on my black car. To this day it barely has scratches on it and looks wicked even when its not even waxed.

A black car is a art when it comes to washing and detailing.

2013 Cadillac ATS, Black, 2.0L Turbo, Luxury package, 20" Strada's, Pirelli Pzeros, 5% tint.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, K&N CAI, JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint.

2011 Z06 Corvette Black, LS7, Borla Cat Back, 5% tint.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I agree with everyone. Black sucks for scratches, gm has shitty paint and at 29 I learned that I have no idea how to properly wash a car......