Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Squeaky wheel?

So our car at low speeds mostly idleing like in a parking lot or driveway in first gear there is a faint squeaking sound from the steering wheel when makin turns. No binding or catches of any kind just a real faint squeak, any ideas?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Hot Lava

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine was doing the same thing, when I would turn the wheel is would make a squeaking noise and eventaully got louder and more noticeable. I took it into the dealer today and they said the rack and pinion was bad... they are fixing it under warranty. They are keeping it all weekend waiting for the part until Monday to fix it and I had to fight with them regarding a loaner car.
Hot Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Glad to see you're getting covered Hot. Converted, I would suggest doing what Hot did and have your dealer look it over to see if there might be anything going on with the vehicle to make this noise. Hopefully it's nothing major for you and you can get back to enjoying your vehicle real soon!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Thanks i may just do that this week.