Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
Questions of a noob...

About 3 years ago, a kid was just randomly surfing the internet when he came across the Camaro concept...

Yeah. Good stuff. Ever since then I've been falling more and more in love with this car. To the point where I'm now making MAJOR lifestyle changes just to save every possible penny I have so I can get this thing. I'm trying to find out anything and everything new I can about it. Sadly though, I only found this site about a few weeks ago. But in those few short weeks, I've learned A LOT about the Camaro. Especially the fact that no matter how much prior research I may have done before...I'm still a Camaro noob. Heck, I just finally realized what "IOM" stands for last night...no joke.

But that's ok I guess. We all start somewhere. Now I was never really interested in cars and stuff before. I would watch Top Gear for the pretty looking cars, but didn't care about any technicals. Until, of course, I saw the production model and ran into this site. I'm really interested in all the customizable options I've seen. Stuff like the black bow ties and painted ground effects. But before I start begging my parentals for one instead of a new Civic (please God, not a Civic), there are a few more questions I have and was wondering if you all could help me out.

1. HUD. What does it look like? When will it be ready, and is it gonna be worth the wait? What kind of information will be displayed? Is there even going to be a HUD system available for the Camaro?

2. Colors. I read somewhere that white was gonna be offered around September. Now I'm currently deciding if I want Black or RJT (surprise, I know what that means!), but are there going to be other colors offered around that time as well? Like that green one I've seen in photoshop pics? Or have other colors not even been announced yet?

3. Ground Effect. How do they go on, and can you easily take them off if you don't want them without damaging the car? I'm still not sure if I really want them or not. I know the dealership is responsible for putting them on, I'm just wondering if once they go one, do they pretty much stay on forever? Some of the pics I've seen with painted Ground Effects look nice...but...does it make your car look like a rice rocket in person? Cuz that's not what I'm after.

4. Blacked-Out stuff. That pic of the silver Camaro at the dealership with the smoked-out taillight and bow tie is muy beautiful. Does anyone have pics of a black 2LT Camaro with smoked-out taillight and bow tie? Now how bout pics of the same car, but in RJT?? Also, what are your thoughts on this? Do you guys think that would even look good in those colors? I realize that customizing is all about person feelings, I'm just curious about your opinions.

5. Anyone know of a dealership near little ol' Yuba City, CA that can help me get the car I want for as little as possible? I realize that pretty much everybody would like that, but in my case, I NEED the car to cost less if I have any chance of ever getting it.

Thank you if you actually took the time to read my little essay. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Super Sport

Drives: Mazda 3 GS 2008.5
I think the GFX kit involves drilling and is just clipped on, so removable but permanent to say the least. I think that's the only question I can answer with relative certainty.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
first of all...welcome

I can answer a few of them...

1. HUD. What does it look like? When will it be ready, and is it gonna be worth the wait? What kind of information will be displayed? Is there even going to be a HUD system available for the Camaro?

Probably availiable in the 2011 model (just my opionion) worth waiting that long?? not for me...

2. Colors. I read somewhere that white was gonna be offered around September. Now I'm currently deciding if I want Black or RJT (surprise, I know what that means!), but are there going to be other colors offered around that time as well? Like that green one I've seen in photoshop pics? Or have other colors not even been announced yet?

White around summer...no official word on green or other colors...

4. Blacked-Out stuff. That pic of the silver Camaro at the dealership with the smoked-out taillight and bow tie is muy beautiful. Does anyone have pics of a black 2LT Camaro with smoked-out taillight and bow tie? Now how bout pics of the same car, but in RJT?? Also, what are your thoughts on this? Do you guys think that would even look good in those colors? I realize that customizing is all about person feelings, I'm just curious about your opinions.

Darkening and Black-outs can be done in local shops...I bet it would look good on RJT..

once again thanks for joining and hopefully it will work out for you
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Welcome to the site
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
That username will be funny as hell if your still around a year from now. lol

Your questions have been answered pretty good. I hope you can convince m&d to help you out. And I agree, NOT A CIVIC.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
Timisaiah

Drives: 2005 Black HUMMER H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
That username will be funny as hell if your still around a year from now. lol

Your questions have been answered pretty good. I hope you can convince m&d to help you out. And I agree, NOT A CIVIC.
I agree with him, horrible choice in username..
But welcome!!
(from someone who is also relatively new to this site).

Since you are trying to keep costs of the car low, I suggest you opt for no upgrades. Maybe just the RS package since it's such a good value. But if you get the bare-bones Camaro you will be able to upgrade it with aftermarket parts as you get more cash. Or even official parts from the dealer like ground effects. Just my opinion.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
camaromaniac

Drives: 69 ss396 camaro
Fight for the Camaro, it will hold its value much better than the civic, use that as a selling point to your parents
camaromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 AM   #8
camaro noob

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. Great help indeed. That's true about waiting on all the fancy cosomizable options for now. For now I'll just work on getting either a black or RJT 2LT/RS. Other stuff can come later. And I really appriciate the tip about how the Camaro will hold better value longer than a Civic. Does the GM Total Confidence package apply to the Camaro as well? Cuz I know they say they will protect it's value at trade in time...right? Or am I completely off on that?

Few more questions...

6. C&C. I know they got a USB cord for iPods, and the pic shows a iPod Touch hooked up, but does it work with iPhones? My girlfriend has a Scion with an iPod compatible stereo and all, but it doesn't work on her iPhone. Lame.

7. Features. Does the C&C and four gauges in the center console come standard with a 2LT? I think I've seen some 2LT pics without and I'm confused on that. I thought they did.

8. RS Light. What color are those HID lights? Some pics are blue, some are yellow...I'm hoping they are on the blue side of life.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 AM   #9
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I beleive that you can use your iphone with the Camaro via bluetooth.

HID lights are quite blue-ish

And as far as total care goes, it says on their website, `certain 08, 09 and 10 GM vehicles`` I couldn`t find anything specifically saying yes or no to the Camaro.

I do know for a FACT however, you can redeem $1500 BUCKS off your GM card if you have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................

Last edited by djsnoflake; 05-18-2009 at 05:56 AM.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #10
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Whats up man!

Yes, The GM total confidence includes camaro, but I believ it ends June 1st.. ----> http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/?...=gm&src=gmcard

6. Yes it supports Iphone music. Also will still receive calls via Bluetooth while plugged in and playing/charging. Great addition!!

7. 2LT will come with C&C standard. You probably saw a picture of a 1LT.

8. Its a LED halo ring in the headlight. its a bluish color.

welcome to the site! Hope you get what your looking for!
vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
So...In response to the HUD...I love the one I have on my Pontiac GTP, and I have only looked at the Spedometer once while driving during the year and a half I've had it. The Camaro, any trim, does not come with a HUD. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you can not have a HUD professionally installed. The HUD is just connected to the spedometer and relays information to the projector, the only problem is finding one that will fit the curvature of the dashboard, and adding the buttons to allow you to dim, or repostion, the projected data (legal that you have the option to dim any permanant 'in car' reflection upon the front windscreen for safety purposes). So, you can get one installed, but you have to take it off another car. Just brouse around major cities and see if you can find a 'Cuztomz' shop that might be able to help you out. A shop here in my town IS able to custom mold the plastic and housing for a HUD on a 2010 2SS Camaro. So I will be one happy camper once I freaking get the money together near the end of this summer to order it '-.-
Hope I helped somewhat : / Only my first post xD
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
camaro noob

Wow, thank you all so much for your welcoming helpfulness. I love this. Site. And dude...forrest...OMGTHATMAKESMESOHAPPYTOKNOWTHATTH ANKYOUSOMUCH!!! Very glad you joined the site. Be sure to add pics once you get that thing. djsnoflake and vega$, thank you as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
good luck with ma and pa, hope you get a camaro instead of a civic. Even if its a LS it will still be way nicer than the ricer!
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Welcome
Old 05-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
Welcome to the site!

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
ChevyJunKie

Drives: PuBliC TranSportatiOn
My fellow junior member as myself I recommend the love again video in YouTube always makes me feel those butterflys in my stomach
ChevyJunKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #17
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
I dont know of any dealers in yuba city, but i am very familiar with Wittmerier Auto Center in Chico, They are pretty good. A guy named Cliff Kearns use to be one of the managers there he is a great guy. If you decide to go there pm me I can give you a referral to a great guy there.
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #18
camaro noob

Dude, seriously? I live like 30-45 minutes away from Chico! That would be sooo helpful! You people rock my face off with your awesome-ness. I currently have no face. It fell off. That's how cool you all are.

I did check out that You Tube vid. As Borat would say, "I like!! It's nice!" There are a bunch of commercial concepts out there too. Some of them pretty cool.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
bdebde
That's All Folks

Drives: '87 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmaster1 View Post
good luck with ma and pa, hope you get a camaro instead of a civic. Even if its a LS it will still be way nicer than the ricer!
"Way nicer than a ricer"... sounds like a good license plate frame.
bdebde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #20
camaro noob

Haha that would be pretty good for a plate frame. Especially for me since my current car totally looks like one...piece o' crap...