Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Chicago Dealer Just Called.......

Phillips Chevy south of Chicago just call me. called them because i saw on autotrader.com they had what i ordered. well, they didn't then (2 weeks ago).

he calls today and says they have 2 2SS's and 1 2LT for sale. 1 of the 2SS's is my specs only with a sunroof. so i say "i'll pick it up Saturday so long as you're doing GMS." he said, "no, we're at $2000 over MSRP on all of them."

i then replied "no wonder you can't sell em', my offer stands for GMS." he wished me luck............

seemed like a nice guy, too bad management has to rape folks.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
Phillips Chevy south of Chicago just call me. called them because i saw on autotrader.com they had what i ordered. well, they didn't then (2 weeks ago).

he calls today and says they have 2 2SS's and 1 2LT for sale. 1 of the 2SS's is my specs only with a sunroof. so i say "i'll pick it up Saturday so long as you're doing GMS." he said, "no, we're at $2000 over MSRP on all of them."

i then replied "no wonder you can't sell em', my offer stands for GMS." he wished me luck............

Hence why I'm going North to get my 2LT.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I still don't understand why it's so evil for a dealer to sell for what he can. As long as he's not screwing over a guy who got pre-ordered what's wrong with someone getting as much as they can for whatever he's selling. Free market. You can go somewhere else and get one. Supply and demand. All they need to do is be honest about MSRP, which is gauranteed by law, then so be it. I don't have a problem with it. If he can't sell it then he screwed up and that's on him. I'm supposed to think that a guy with a Babe Ruth rookie card is some kind of sinister a-hole because he wants 100k for it? We allready see some idiots paying thousands more than MSRP so we know they'll sell. jmo

I think they'll sell less and be worse off in the long run but maybe not. you're doing the right thing and going somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
YellowFin

Drives: 09 Hummer H3 and 10 Camaro SS
It'll probably be 10-12 months before GMS starts to happen unless you know somebody.

2009 Hummer H3 and
2010 Camaro SS Owner

YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My car is in tommorow, pre-ordered, and my price is GMS. I have the deal written up as well as my bank has the documentation. My dealer stated, I told you GMS, and we will honor GMS.

They are not selling there Lot cars at GMS though.

He stated that they have already received calls from locator companies for 3k over MSRP.
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls241 View Post
My car is in tommorow, pre-ordered, and my price is GMS. I have the deal written up as well as my bank has the documentation. My dealer stated, I told you GMS, and we will honor GMS.

They are not selling there Lot cars at GMS though.

He stated that they have already received calls from locator companies for 3k over MSRP.
you know ive heard that. here also. don't really get it, but oh well. at least our dealers (in WI) are doing MSRP for lot cars. GMS on orders.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I still don't understand why it's so evil for a dealer to sell for what he can. As long as he's not screwing over a guy who got pre-ordered what's wrong with someone getting as much as they can for whatever he's selling. Free market. You can go somewhere else and get one. Supply and demand. All they need to do is be honest about MSRP, which is gauranteed by law, then so be it. I don't have a problem with it. If he can't sell it then he screwed up and that's on him. I'm supposed to think that a guy with a Babe Ruth rookie card is some kind of sinister a-hole because he wants 100k for it? We allready see some idiots paying thousands more than MSRP so we know they'll sell. jmo

I think they'll sell less and be worse off in the long run but maybe not. you're doing the right thing and going somewhere else.
not that this is the case, but i've read posts about pre-orders coming in and the dealers charging above MSRP to the person who ordered it!

i just don't get why folks are paying it........could you imagine how bad it would be if the economy was great?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
just went to go see it here, dealer Johnny Londoff was proud that theyre charging $4k over MSRP to order. Thought it was kinda funny. Good for them there are some people willing to pay whatever just to have it. Not that serious to me. If something crazy happened and my GMS didn't come through I'd rather wait or get it somewhere else. Paying more than what something is worth is just plain irresponsible and you shouldn't receive any sympathy.

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I agree if a dealer tried to charge over msrp I would wait till I could get it for min. of msrp. I orderd and last fri. my salesman was off and the sales mgr tried to tell me I had to pay more than msrp. I went off on my salesman and sent an email to the company and the next morning got an appalogy and was told msrp as agreed to.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
not that this is the case, but i've read posts about pre-orders coming in and the dealers charging above MSRP to the person who ordered it!

i just don't get why folks are paying it........could you imagine how bad it would be if the economy was great?
Ya I know. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay over sticker. And I feel bad for all those who didn't get it in writing. Those dealers are a-holes. Or the ones who bump a guy in the system who pre-ordered so they can sell one over. But the ones who wouldn't take pre-orders so they could get cars and jack them up, more power to them. Maybe they do well, maybe they don't. I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
2010SSRS

Quote:
Ya I know. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay over sticker. And I feel bad for all those who didn't get it in writing. Those dealers are a-holes. Or the ones who bump a guy in the system who pre-ordered so they can sell one over. But the ones who wouldn't take pre-orders so they could get cars and jack them up, more power to them. Maybe they do well, maybe they don't. I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
yeah.......now they can't give em' away! employee plus - rebates - great financing and STILL can't move em'.

man, i hope you get your car soon.......we want some REAL pics of Bonnie in YOUR car........not photoshop.

nice job though! had i not seen the thread that pic came from, i never woulda known..........

Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
... I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
Dodge got slammed on this before when it happened with the Prowler...
They said they wouldn't do that again, but they did. Maybe they just can't prevent it per the franchise laws.

The only thing that seems strange about those franchise laws is that John Deere, who has the same structure can ABSOLUTELY dictate that all prices are MSRP. If not, they shitcan that dealer. My father knows many JD dealers that say that is what has happened.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
.......we want some REAL pics of Bonnie in YOUR car.......
Heck with Bonnie IN the car, we want her ON the car ala Tawny Kitaen.

(well as long as she approves....)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Heck with Bonnie IN the car, we want her ON the car ala Tawny Kitaen.

(well as long as she approves....)

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Hence why I'm going North to get my 2LT.
Price isn't the only reason to go north....

"Dealership Stability"
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:

You know, the problem with that is that the amount of cars they sell directly effects GM's profits. When the company you're supposed to be creating a profit for is on the brink of bankruptcy and you'd rather sell 1 car over MSRP then two or three at MSRP it may help the dealer, but the company still feels it.

I don't really care if the dealers want to sell cars over MSRP for their own profit, but you know that all it does it hurt GM/Chrysler/Ford/Honda/Whoever.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #17
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Then there's the "Scotty" factor !! Cudos to you Scotty , wiht all the rhetoric I have been reading about scheister dealers we all need guys like you in our area!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #18
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

"Dealership Stability"
And Cheese, don't forget the Cheese!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #19
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
You said it all right there. Each and every one of us has an agreement with an independent businessman, not GM. GM is just a supplier, nothing else. When you go buy a refrigerator you have a deal with the store not General Electric. If my dealer treats me fair then I'm happy, if not then I'm unhappy. If he wants to sell at a higher price than the guy down the street then that is his choice. If I want to pay it or not then that is my choice. If he plays with my order after terms are agreed upon then I have a problem with him not the supplier/GM.

For all of the talk, polls and petitions the real problem starts and continues because of the wrong kind of dealers. This will catch-up to them and while GM is trimming the number of dealerships many of them will be gone. In my mind that is a good thing because more business will go to the remaining good dealerships. This is a nature thinning process of the capitalist business model. It's the same in my business, if I don't take care of my customers then I'm gone, as it should be.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #20
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
everywhere in chicago they went 7k to 15k over!!!! RIDICULOUS
MIDNIGHTANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGEL View Post
everywhere in chicago they went 7k to 15k over!!!! RIDICULOUS
drive north......................MSRP or lower in southern WI!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
ScottZ28

Drives: 10 RS-71 Z28 RS-97 30th Anniv Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

"Dealership Stability"
...and Road America!
ScottZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #23
tcslc

Drives: '10 SS 6MT, '07 GT500, '08 ACR
I'd venture that dealer ADMs rarely work out. A dealer tried to ADM me on my GT500 purchase - I walked and got MSRP across town. Later that same year, when I was looking for an F150 work truck, the owner of the dealership who wanted ADM comes out and apologizes and gives me an insane deal on the F150 to get me back, which I quickly snap up. He says they realized they were wrong by trying to profit on a single deal when I buy 1-2 new vehicles a year. Common sense is in high demand, and low supply - seems to happen all the time with new vehicle intros...and the shame of it all is that enthusiasts who buy often are the same people these ADMs target.
tcslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #24
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:

I've got no problem with dealers charging as much as they want as long as, they tell you UP FRONT. Have a big problem with guys being surprised with "Market adjustments" after pre-ordering or coming to the understanding of MSRP with the dealer.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #25
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I noticed today that prices on vettes are falling. In the last week maybe lost 5-10% of values for used vettes. Because millions of new and light used cars are just rotting.

I bet they would toss them in the ocean if they could get away with it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote