Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
BLACKFIRE Car Care Products Commerical to Air this Sunday on FOX Sports

Blackfire Car Care Products Commercial - YouTube

This 30 second BLACKFIRE Commercial will air this Sunday @ 11:00 Eastern on Fox Sports during What's In Autogeek's Garage, hosted by my friend Mike Phillips.

Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Haole
My K9 partner and me

Drives: 10 IOM SS
Quick question for you Todd, I'm very interested in ordering from your site. I'm looking for a great polish and wax (Blackfire) what combo do you recommend? I detail my car by hand. Also a detail spray, if you don't mind please. Right now I only have my phone for the internet so it is tedious to look for a combo.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
fixed it for you
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Hey... the guy in that commercial looks strangely familiar
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Quick question for you Todd, I'm very interested in ordering from your site. I'm looking for a great polish and wax (Blackfire) what combo do you recommend? I detail my car by hand. Also a detail spray, if you don't mind please. Right now I only have my phone for the internet so it is tedious to look for a combo.
The ultimate combo is going to be the WET ICE Over FIRE combo, which is the BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection topped with the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax.

If you are working by hand, you want to clay the paint first using BLACKFIRE POLY CLAY II and then give the car a hand polishing with BLACKFIRE GLOSS ENHANCING POLISH. Top with the above combination.

BLACKFIRE offers two quick detailers. Midnight Sun Instant Detail is a quick detailer with a little carnauba in it, excellent for wiping down the finish while WET DIAMOND Polymer Spray spray sealant that can be use as a quick detailer. If you need more cleaning power, go with Midnight Sun Instant Detailer, if you want longer lasting protection, Wet Diamond Polymer Spray.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
fixed it for you
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Haole
My K9 partner and me

Sounds good, soon as I can I will look it all up and order it.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
I just got the bucket and grit guard from u guys delivered today. Would love to see a comparison of their product to Meguiars and Adams. I had been using Mequiars stuff and just switched to Adams. Havent had a chance to use Adams yet. They all claim the latest and greatest and gets expensive for the consumer. Wish ur shop was closer to Tampa.

Main reason i went with their bucket is the big BF on the bucket which are my initials.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108

Last edited by IneedAZ; 04-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
It's only a 3 hr drive there. They just had their Detail Fest and it was a great time to see all the products being use there.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
IneedAZ

Angelo, do u work at a local detail company? I bought my Flex DA from a local shop and his name was Angelo.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
I just got the bucket and grit guard from u guys delivered today. Would love to see a comparison of their product to Meguiars and Adams. I had been using Mequiars stuff and just switched to Adams. Havent had a chance to use Adams yet. They all claim the latest and greatest and gets expensive for the consumer. Wish ur shop was closer to Tampa.

Main reason i went with their bucket is the big BF on the bucket which are my initials.
The bucket reason is as good as any I have heard.

We test and sell some of the best car care products in the world (Autopia Car Care stocks over 70 brands!). Each is tested an only the best are allow on our shelves!

The reality is that there are SO many good products once you step outside of the box store market, and many of them do such an incredible job that it comes down to user preference. There are no wrong or right answer, and IMO, anybody who says the product they use is the best hasn't tried enough products.

BLACKFIRE is my baby, and I am proud of the product line and the way it is designed to work together, but that doesn't mean there isn't tons of great stuff that others enjoy equally as much.

As a friend of mine always says, "Find what you like and use it often." For me, I'll be creating whiplash with BLACKFIRE!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #12
IneedAZ

thanks for the reply. I will look over the product line offerings and see what i would like to try. Whats good for cleaning under the rear of a car? My 67 Camaro is tubbed and lots of aluminum back their so i need somthing good for aluminum also good on powdercoat. I am thinking a spray on that i can just hose off.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
thanks for the reply. I will look over the product line offerings and see what i would like to try. Whats good for cleaning under the rear of a car? My 67 Camaro is tubbed and lots of aluminum back their so i need somthing good for aluminum also good on powdercoat. I am thinking a spray on that i can just hose off.
There are some products that you can spray and rinse, but the majority of the ones that require little-to-no agitation are going to be caustic or acidic. The problem of course is that neither is good for bare aluminum (in most cases the powder coat will be just fine unless it the chemicals are on the extremes of the pH scale).

I would recommend BLACKFIRE All N One All Purpose Cleaner and a soft brush to provide some agitation.

We carry a HUGE selection of detailing brushes: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/brushes.html

I would go with either the Mother's Fender Well Brush or if you want something a little stiffer the Long Handle Tire/Wheel Brush.

Both feature a long handle, so you can easily agitate the wheel wells and under carriage with out going to far are out of your way and use a chemical that will not damage the finish of your parts.

If you really want a spray and rinse formula consider Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. This is an aggressive, acidic based cleaner that will remove a lot of gunk and it can be diluted up to 10:1, but it is a professional strength cleaner so I would test an inconspicuous spot first.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
IneedAZ

I will look into those...thanks again
Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Angelo@Autopia

Quote:
Angelo, do u work at a local detail company? I bought my Flex DA from a local shop and his name was Angelo.
Yes, that's me but the company has been sold. You can get anything from where Todd works at.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
Pro-Techt

Drives: Yo momma crazy
Thanks for posting the video although I'll try to see how it looks on my new big screen in HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Hey... the guy in that commercial looks strangely familiar
Yes, but he never quite does MF wipe downs that way when he's around me.
Pro-Techt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Techt View Post
Thanks for posting the video although I'll try to see how it looks on my new big screen in HD.

Yes, but he never quite does MF wipe downs that way when he's around me.
I really do make a whiplash sound when I wipe the towel over the paint.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Todd,

I've been a customer for over 15 years, since back when proper auto care was still open. The blackfire products are amazing. I'm glad you guys made it here to camaro5. There have been a lot of bogus claims made on here by other vendors.

For anyone looking to order, you can call these guys and get someone who actually does detailing on the phone. Many times, they have recommended a home made solution, even though it cost them a sale,
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #19
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Todd,

I've been a customer for over 15 years, since back when proper auto care was still open. The blackfire products are amazing. I'm glad you guys made it here to camaro5. There have been a lot of bogus claims made on here by other vendors.

For anyone looking to order, you can call these guys and get someone who actually does detailing on the phone. Many times, they have recommended a home made solution, even though it cost them a sale,
Thank you for the support!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
Angelo@Autopia

Yes, thank you for your patronage when it was open.........Angelo

Last edited by Angelo@Autopia; 04-15-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
Haole
My K9 partner and me

When I order would I just put Camaro5 in the coupon spot for the 10% off??
Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Angelo@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
When I order would I just put Camaro5 in the coupon spot for the 10% off??
Yes.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Angelo, good to see you on here.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote