Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Summit White Question

Ok, so I know black, blue, red and other dark colors have more "pop" and benefit from some serious detailing work but when it comes to my SW vert I am pretty satisfied with some Zaino Z-AIO, Z-CS finished off with some Z-8.

I went with the Z-CS as this is a daily driver and I don't have time for an elaborate detailing process and it is quick and easy to apply and provides a decent finish.

There is a nagging feeling in my brain that a decent wax after those three steps might be beneficial but the fact that the car is white I might not see the benefit of a final wax like a dark colored car would.

Any thoughts on that logic?

-Funk

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
White is a difficult color to see big enhancements on... it doesn't get that deep/wet look like black or darker blues do. I tend to want to play more to the strengths of white which is bright and reflective... sealants (like what you're doing now with Zaino) will get you that effect.

My best advice would be to get yourself a good wax and give it a shot and see for yourself... you'll certainly see at least a small change in the characteristics of the shine/gloss. Will it be as dramatic as black? No... but it will be something.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Like Dylan has mention that color or any white is a job in itself to bring out and pop. With proper correction work ( If needed ) you can achieve what your looking for in trying different products for your color. My wife's car is Super White SS and it has 2 coats of BFWD after I have corrected the paint and top off with BFMS wax. But remember that everyone's eye's see everything different on colors. Let us know on what you have try and please post some shots of it.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote