Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Please pm price to me too
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
"It will still work if you're not insulated/isolated." -regarding the RX Black ice isolator

Could you clarify this a little bit please I also have the RX Black ice isolator.

PS. I though i was about done with my bolt on mods... haha, guess i was wrong.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Interested to see the HP and TQ gains on this.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl View Post
"It will still work if you're not insulated/isolated." -regarding the RX Black ice isolator

Could you clarify this a little bit please I also have the RX Black ice isolator.

I think he means even if you didn't have insulators at all, it would still benefit having the plenum spacers
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Mace..

Well looks like I gotto have this too.

How do I get one. Please PM me!!! Shipped to 48188.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #31
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
pm price please shipped to 08857
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
I'm gonna slow my role -until - we see some testing done. It seems logical, but and this is a big but, it works on exactly the opposite principal as the VRAM intake. Should be interesting to see results on non VRAM equiped cars.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #33
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
I'm gonna slow my role -until - we see some testing done. It seems logical, but and this is a big but, it works on exactly the opposite principal as the VRAM intake. Should be interesting to see results on non VRAM equiped cars.

Bemore said it really helped throttle response and reduced the KR by 80% up high. That's good enough for me. Less KR means Trifecta can run more aggressive timing for more power.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 04-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #34
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Not asking anyone else to wait, I myself will be. I'm looking forward to hearing the impressions and feedback.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Not asking anyone else to wait, I myself will be. I'm looking forward to hearing the impressions and feedback.

Yeah.. No worries. Just sayin.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
Can't wait to see some numbers!
told you guys there was more bunny in the hat LOL. This would ne a perfect addition for 25mm mace or vmax 9mm. better air distribution to all 6 cylinders at the same time creating more volume mean a more efficient engine. dyno next week along with vince. stay tuned in peoples

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
scrubby43

Drives: 2010 camaro 2lt RS
I'm in. please P.M me price and delivery. Shipping to 06810. Thanks.
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
scrubby43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Well at least now I can say that I've known this was in testing for awhile now lol. Just promised that certain someone that I'd keep my lips sealed! (or is that....fingers restrained?)

This is very cool...I'm all for better throttle response and if KR is lessened that has got to help. I can't wait to see dyno results and driver impressions. Hope to see this on a stock car soon as well.

So I have a few questions though:

MACE mentioned something about how offering correct length bolts could be tough. I'm currently running the 9mm RX insulator. it uses the stock bolts. MACE, do you have bolts that can be used with this combo or do I have to search long and hard for some on my own?

Questions 2. Do you know if LFX owners can use this on their intake manifold as well? (looking out for my fellow brethren)

Good work! This stuff is awesome.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #39
Hellrazor

Drives: 2011 1lt rs vr blk stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl View Post

I have the BlackIce too and wouldn't mind some clarification also.

If it's good to go with the BlackIce could ya pm me a price to 18655? Thanks
Hellrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #40
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I think one of the issues with paring it with the black ice has to do with the OEM bolt length. I could be mistaken, but I believe you would need longer manifold bolts. And that is why he referenced having bolt kits available soon.

Like jay said, it's about volume and air distribution. The ideal IM pressure would be equal to atmospheric pressure, slowing the air down within the plenum is how you achieve "near atmospheric pressure". The faster air moves, the lower the pressure. But using the velocity from a tuned CAI will help by shoving more air in due to its momentum. The more air that is readily available, the better your throttle response and additionallly the low end TQ.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I was wondering when this was going to be on the market.

PM me the price as well including shipping please...Thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #42
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
price with shipping to 92124? thanks
2011 IBM M6 Built 06/17/2010 Injen CAI,Black Ice-olator, Barton shifter, BBK LT's, DSS aluminum driveshaft, VMAX TB, RX Intake Manifold/Catch-can/Breather, Corsa catback, 18" MSR 045's, Nitto NT555's, FE3 SS springs and sways, Trifecta Tuning. Best ET so far in the 1/8th 9.301
Born on the Island and raised in the sand.
Semper Fidelis
VEESIKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #43
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
I can't wait. Maybe a noon question, but what does KR mean?

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #44
formare
Suspension by Pedders

I was thinking exactly as you stated. The spacer may compensate for the VRAMs behavior to speed the air.

It would be interesting to see what the spacer will do on non VRAM equiped cars.
As I don't have a VRAM intake, I'm thinking the gains could be different than VRAM equiped cars.

Its a bit like filling a wash bucket. With the water nozzle off the hose the water doesn't seem to have much force but fills the bucket much faster than when the nozzle is on and set to jet spray lots of force less water. Ram air is kinda like putting a nozel on the hose and expecting more air, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
I think one of the issues with paring it with the black ice has to do with the OEM bolt length. I could be mistaken, but I believe you would need longer manifold bolts. And that is why he referenced having bolt kits available soon.

Like jay said, it's about volume and air distribution. The ideal IM pressure would be equal to atmospheric pressure, slowing the air down within the plenum is how you achieve "near atmospheric pressure". The faster air moves, the lower the pressure. But using the velocity from a tuned CAI will help by shoving more air in due to its momentum. The more air that is readily available, the better your throttle response and additionallly the low end TQ.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #45
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Sounds like another mod for all of us to keep increasing more HP and TQ.

Please send me a PM for price and shipping to 48348
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hope this works well for Vmax isolator and VR intake!
Awesome Mace. Keep em coming!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Pm a price with shipping to 60070 please.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I guess the cat's out the bag now huh

To properly install this 12mm plenum spacer you will need four m8-1.25, 160mm bolts for the center. The old bolt for the rear and for the very front will still work fine. New plenum cover bolts also need to be changed to longer bolts. I can't remember what was the exact length right now off my head but the factory bolt size is M6-1, so you will need a bolt that is at least 10mm longer from factory length. You can actually find the cover bolts at home depot but the longer manifold bolts probably need to be ordered. I got 4 from texas fasteners for 13 bucks shipped.

The plenum spacer work well. You won't be like WOW!! as you have with the insulators but it will definitely help with better air distribution to all six cylinders and create more volume helping with stagnet air. After I installed the spacer, my kr count on part throttle with 93 octane went from around 3 to zero!! much was cut down on WOT too but not gone completely. I actually had to do few logs for vince just to be sure that this was really happening . I even thought he was sending me tune files with the knock senor desensitized LOL.

I just took a bunch of pics but I am having trouble loading to my net book right now Once I get this straight I will post plenty of pics for you guys. I also have a dyno coming up with vince next week so I plan to dyno the plenum spacer at that time also.

Stay put
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #49
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
there have been a few discussions on the effects of ram air already. basically what it comes down to is that it doesn't work for autos because we move to slow to benefit from the positive pressure needed to create the supercharged effect. vararam draws in fresh air from outside the engine bay and utilizes velocity to push more air into the IM, its a straight shot with minimal bends which keeps the air flowing efficiently and fast. i understand your analogy to the water bucket and ram air. just wanted to let you know that ram air for vehicle applications is surrounded by a cloud of mistery. i don't think its the correct terminology for the application. i agree that there could possibly be bigger gains from a vararam equipped setup vs AEM or Injen, but that's to be expected.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
bmorecam
Account Suspended

For guys that's worried about using this with vararam intake
What make it even more interesting is that I am running vararam in conjunction with the 25mm insulator and 12mm plenum spacer. now for anyone worried about if it will work with vararam you have to first understand what is vararam trying to accomplish with their ram design. Out of vararams own mouth...The V-6 Camaro unit is unique in that it is designed around the V-6engines cross ram
intake manifold flow architecture and its need for maximum plenum volume.
The cross ram design that our factory manifold already incorporate is there to shoot down the intake air down into each cylinder providing that "ram effect", velocity, and the reason why our manifold design is called "cross ram design" The more air we can cramp up the plenum with, the more volume of air that can get drawn down to each cylinder. Now increase the plenum containment and this mean what vararam originally designed for can do so even more effectively. So if you are a vararam user, I believe the effect of raising the plenum volume will even have a greater impact Now I;m not going to sit here and say by doing this we are going to gain 100hp lol but there are many advantage such as equal air distribution, less dead air, more volume of air moving, and etc.etc..

Discuss