Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
0-60 Times: SS vs SS 1LE

Being new to the Camaro scene and not very familiar with the real-world performance of the vehicles, I have a couple questions about how these cars perform in a drag setting.

First, I keep reading that the 0-60 time for the SS is in the high 4 range. I also keep seeing that the 1LE can easily be made to hit low 4's stock. For those of you WITH EXPERIENCE with these cars, how accurate is this?

I'm a life-long MOPAR guy, and I had a 392 Challenger until a few months ago. Those were reported to run 0-60 4.5's easily. . . and they do pretty consistently. From a BAD launch I could hit 4.7's all day long. A good launch in the right weather? Low 4's can be had.

All this to say - I could smoke 5.0 Mustangs in my 392, however I keep seeing on the forum that stock SS's get handled by 5.0's.

If the 0-60 times are accurate for the SS's and 1LE's, why do Mustangs seem to walk them so easily? Are the reported 0-60 numbers incorrect? Also. . . are the 1LE's really faster than a stock SS? I imagine they would be given the extra downforce keeping the wheels planted. . .
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
NorthTex45thSS
 
Drives: 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 142
Real world racing vs. Forum racing vs. who in which car in what race could or couldn't drive! That's why the numbers are all over the board and you get 5.0 this SS camaro that a so on and so on! In the right set environment with a skilled driver each make, mustang camaro challanger, should perform at or very close to advertised numbers!
__________________
2012 45th RS/SS
ADM Perfomance intake, ADM tuned, Stainless Works headers/no cats, 3" magnaflow comp exhaust, 160º thermostat, Nitto NT05R's, 387rwhp/396tq

95 Kenworth W900L
powered by CAT
13 spd
NorthTex45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 6,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPX View Post
Being new to the Camaro scene and not very familiar with the real-world performance of the vehicles, I have a couple questions about how these cars perform in a drag setting.

First, I keep reading that the 0-60 time for the SS is in the high 4 range. I also keep seeing that the 1LE can easily be made to hit low 4's stock. For those of you WITH EXPERIENCE with these cars, how accurate is this?

I'm a life-long MOPAR guy, and I had a 392 Challenger until a few months ago. Those were reported to run 0-60 4.5's easily. . . and they do pretty consistently. From a BAD launch I could hit 4.7's all day long. A good launch in the right weather? Low 4's can be had.

All this to say - I could smoke 5.0 Mustangs in my 392, however I keep seeing on the forum that stock SS's get handled by 5.0's.

If the 0-60 times are accurate for the SS's and 1LE's, why do Mustangs seem to walk them so easily? Are the reported 0-60 numbers incorrect? Also. . . are the 1LE's really faster than a stock SS? I imagine they would be given the extra downforce keeping the wheels planted. . .
In terms of drag racing, this should give you a pretty good idea of what the various models are capable of.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
130R
Machine Washable.
 
130R's Avatar
 
Drives: Western Digital.
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 619
Don't forget to factor in the posers that put SS or ZL1 facias on V6's, or a ZL1 facia on an SS. A guy in a 5.0 may really have just taken a V6 put 'thinks' he beat an SS or ZL1 by the few moments of observation at a light.

I don't recall the numbers offhand, but the 1LE does have different gearing that may give it a better 0 - 60 time than the SS.
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTex45thSS View Post
Real world racing vs. Forum racing vs. who in which car in what race could or couldn't drive! That's why the numbers are all over the board and you get 5.0 this SS camaro that a so on and so on! In the right set environment with a skilled driver each make, mustang camaro challanger, should perform at or very close to advertised numbers!
Well. . . obviously. That isn't really what I was asking though.

I go by averages. On average, I see that stock SS's usually can't hang with 5.0 Mustangs. I'm basically wondering if, in an ideal situation with a fairly skilled driver in both cars, a 5.0 Mustang is really that much quicker than an SS. Power numbers would suggest otherwise, however the Mustang is a touch lighter.

And, biggest question, wanted to see if people with experience in the 1LE could attest to it's ability to hit low 4's stock. That would make it quicker off the line than my SRT was. Of course, the SRT would probably catch it after 60 was achieved. . . but maybe not. Who knows.

I realize I was covering a lot with my initial question and it was probably a bit convoluted.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
In terms of drag racing, this should give you a pretty good idea of what the various models are capable of.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013
Thanks!! That answers a lot of it.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder
 
christianchevell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
wow a mopar guy.....so sorry.......lol Guess you could cruise the mustang site and hear how guys got walked on by Camaros. As for the slight difference in the trans gears and rear end theoretically yes the 1le package should out perform the standard ss...yet give the ss a better driver and you see... the last post shows the thread where even the slowest ss on the list is faster many of the rarer 1le package on a ss..... As a old hotrodder its a lot on the driver, 3:45 gear versus 3:91 its about it making it rev more on a 1le faster causing the shift to have to come faster. If you would look at zero to sixty times you would see most likely the ss is 0-60 in the 4.5 range and the 1le more in the 4.3 range ideally with the end times very close in a quarter mile and 5.0 about the same, and sorry to say the heavy mopar challenger costing more with its larger more powerful engine not doing so well..........

http://www.zeroto60times.com/

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible ZL1 (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.0
2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 1LE (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.2 Quarter Mile 12.5
2013 Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Edition (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.4 Quarter Mile 12.7

2013 Ford mustang 5.0 convertible (manual) 0-60 4.5 Quarter mile 12.9
" " ( Auto ) 0-60 4.7 Quarter mile 13.1
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 0-60 mph 4.4 Quarter Mile 12.7
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 0-60 mph 4.3 Quarter Mile 12.6
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 0-60 mph 4.3 Quarter Mile 12.6
2010 Chrysler 300C SRT8 0-60 mph 4.6 Quarter Mile 13.0
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 0-60 mph 4.5 Quarter Mile 13.1

Now if your comparing prices to make it to a certain speed in the quarter the Chrysler and dodge Srt8 are more in the cost of the zl1 and no way handle as well or look as nice in many peoples opinion, and the mustangs having priced them when I bought two new Camaros with the options like a "track pack" etc etc allways came out many thousands more than my 2ss/rs Camaros one a convertible with a auto, the other a coupe with sunroof, premium wheels, dual mode exhaust, etc etc . There is no doubt here the Camaro is a better deal all around, and is the top pic of all the rags...... Dollar for dollar and on the twisty turnies.... Wanna pay 60k for a laguna sucka? boss 302? how about 70k for a maxed out srt300m ? Or dump 3.5k to get a 1le option, or just upgrade a ss any way you want and save money and have HUD, with standard things they do not have on some unless you pay more.... Ask if a stang has self dimming lights? Heated mirrors? If they do its because eventually they have to keep up with the Camaro....... And you are not driving the srt8 challenger any more because why?$$$ Do not care for the mustang as much as I do the challenger line on its body being more retro its cooler. So dats da fax jac......... Camaros rule and we know it here, however races are often won by who has the most money or the largest cahones....... Or the most skill. And if a v-6 Camaro pulls up to a v-8 mustang that's lighter and gives them a good race........ Just goes to show.
__________________
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body/scanner LED, DRL rewire, Custom badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 .
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Dr40oz
 
Dr40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 98
So if I read that list right it should go....

ZL1 11.7 >SSM6 12.5 >SSL99 12.7 > SS1LE 12.8

That can't be right.
__________________
2010 VR 2SS RS
2013 BRM 2SS RS
2014 Black Rubicon X
2016
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,937
You definitely didn't read that right. Look again.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
Dr40oz
 
Dr40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
You definitely didn't read that right. Look again.
I may still be drunk from last night but I looked again at stock 1/4 times and it appears like 1LEs are the slowest???

__________________
2010 VR 2SS RS
2013 BRM 2SS RS
2014 Black Rubicon X
2016
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,713
It seems that the stock SS/1LE would have advantage over a stock SS only on a road course track, not in a straight line drag race.

Not sure if the different final 4th gear ratio for the 1LE confers a slight disadvantage for drag race times, but I suspect the apparently slower 1LE drag times are due to sampling error (i.e. with more data, the stock SS and stock SS/1LE may align more closely).
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
Dr40oz
 
Dr40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
It seems that the stock SS/1LE would have advantage over a stock SS only on a road course track, not in a straight line drag race.

Not sure if the different final 4th gear ratio for the 1LE confers a slight disadvantage for drag race times, but I suspect the apparently slower 1LE drag times are due to sampling error (i.e. with more data, the stock SS and stock SS/1LE may align more closely).
Makes sense to me. Most of the weekend racers buying 1LE's can't shift as fast as the auto can.
__________________
2010 VR 2SS RS
2013 BRM 2SS RS
2014 Black Rubicon X
2016

Last edited by Dr40oz; 12-21-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
wow a mopar guy.....so sorry.......lol Guess you could cruise the mustang site and hear how guys got walked on by Camaros. As for the slight difference in the trans gears and rear end theoretically yes the 1le package should out perform the standard ss...yet give the ss a better driver and you see... the last post shows the thread where even the slowest ss on the list is faster many of the rarer 1le package on a ss..... As a old hotrodder its a lot on the driver, 3:45 gear versus 3:91 its about it making it rev more on a 1le faster causing the shift to have to come faster. If you would look at zero to sixty times you would see most likely the ss is 0-60 in the 4.5 range and the 1le more in the 4.3 range ideally with the end times very close in a quarter mile and 5.0 about the same, and sorry to say the heavy mopar challenger costing more with its larger more powerful engine not doing so well..........

http://www.zeroto60times.com/

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible ZL1 (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.0
2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 1LE (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.2 Quarter Mile 12.5
2013 Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Edition (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.4 Quarter Mile 12.7

2013 Ford mustang 5.0 convertible (manual) 0-60 4.5 Quarter mile 12.9
" " ( Auto ) 0-60 4.7 Quarter mile 13.1
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 0-60 mph 4.4 Quarter Mile 12.7
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 0-60 mph 4.3 Quarter Mile 12.6
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 0-60 mph 4.3 Quarter Mile 12.6
2010 Chrysler 300C SRT8 0-60 mph 4.6 Quarter Mile 13.0
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 0-60 mph 4.5 Quarter Mile 13.1
Thanks for the in depth response.

No, I'm not comparing prices at all. I used to have a 392 Challenger, but I'm done with MOPAR. Of the 5 MOPARs I've had, 3 have been very problematic vehicles.

I'm more than likely going to purchase a 1LE Camaro in the near future...this thread was started more out of sheer intrigue and curiosity based on things I've seen around THIS forum. I also have no interest in ever owning a Mustang of any kind.

I'm sold on the 1LE...pretty much just trying to figure out why people tend to get beat by 5.0 Mustangs and if a 1LE would fare better in a 1/4 mile dig than a normal SS. That's it really...
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
Comrando
SScalator
 
Comrando's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 7,906
Probably because the 1LE needs to be shifted to 4th before the end of the 1/4 while the stock SS can run to the end (111 MPH) in third.
__________________
Give me fuel. Give me fire. Give me that which I desire.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Slotict/Camaro/Wink-2_zpscd6910bd.jpg
Comrando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
And you are not driving the srt8 challenger any more because why?$$$
Missed this the first time around because I was responding on an iPad.

The cost of the vehicles have no bearing on whether or not I purchase one. I'm not driving the 392 Challenger any more because it was a lemon. Literally in the shop once every week and a half. . . no exaggeration.

When the '14 1LE's came out, they grabbed my attention. I still think the Challenger is a great looking car and the SRT is a great performer. Contrary to most peoples' beliefs (because most people have never driven an SRT Challenger) those things can whip around a track and handle like a beast in spite of their size. Obviously the 1LE can handle better, but the whole "too big and handles like a boat" thing is not correct at all. It could stand to drop a couple hundred pounds, but SRT made due with what they had and made a really amazing vehicle.

So. . . I'm not looking to save money by buying a standard 2SS and upgrading it. I like the 1LE because it looks awesome and has upgrades done to it that I would have normally done on my own.

And I also don't care about being the fastest guy on the street. . . again, started this thread out of curiosity. I generally won't race unless the road is empty and I'm not in one of Nashville's numerous cop-infested roads.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter
 
Norm Peterson's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 3,184
This topic has sort of come up before, and you can get a pretty good handle on this by comparing shift speeds (at the same rpm since for simplicity I'm assuming both cars are running LS3's here - the L99 vs LS3 has been discussed several times also).

The 1LE seems to be the touchier car to get launched. After that, 1st gear is a wash.

2nd gear, which gets you past 60 in both cars, slightly favors the SS (the SS runs just a little higher up in the powerband).

3rd gear is another wash (good for high 90's - 100 mph @ 6000 rpm in either car). After that, the advantage is all 1LE.


I think the linked "Official 1/4 mile" thread backs this up as well. Look at the 1/8 mile stats (mid to upper 80's mph) as being more representative of 0 - 60 than the full quarter mile numbers.


Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-22-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: edit in red
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
Todd in Vancouver

 
Todd in Vancouver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,451
I did take an SRT8 out and it is a nice car but it just didn't electrify me like the Camaro does. As for how fast the other brands are they all take an immediate right turn when I pull up beside them? Go figure....
__________________
Todd in Vancouver
'14 ZL1 Camaro
'67 Camaro SS Pro-tour in process

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession


Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder
 
christianchevell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,719
What I have heard is a ss with the 3.91 gear should be faster than a 1le in the quarter due to the transmission gearing slightly. DO not know as I have not modded my gears yet.......... More of wishing I had got a zl1 or will someday...... Myself never a fan of the blackout hood and summer only tires, the wheels are a thing I would have to have changed maybe to get good all seasons as the choices for their widths at tire rack were summer only or summer only.....and I know that has to change in time. I like the bright zl1 wheels they are o.k.. And I drive my Pirellis in sub freezing temps all the time as my ss is a daily driver. You may want to note the zl1/1le production has been halted due to cold weather thread......
__________________
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body/scanner LED, DRL rewire, Custom badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 .
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
I did take an SRT8 out and it is a nice car but it just didn't electrify me like the Camaro does. As for how fast the other brands are they all take an immediate right turn when I pull up beside them? Go figure....
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
Mmar88
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 237
The 1LE is a road course/track car. It's not really meant for the drag strip.
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #21
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmar88 View Post
The 1LE is a road course/track car. It's not really meant for the drag strip.
I'm aware. As much as it's a track car, it'll spend most of its time on the street for me at least. I just want to be able to hold my own at 1am on an empty on-ramp when that cocky little kid pulls up next to me in his me-too Mustang. Of course, with the '15s right around the corner, Ford might rewrite the book on cheap power and stock GTs could be blowing the doors off of everything...making this discussion moot.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
MPX
 
MPX's Avatar
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You may want to note the zl1/1le production has been halted due to cold weather thread......
Heard about that. Weird move on the part of GM. There are still tons of these things on lots, and there will be once winter is over. Halting production seems useless to me, considering these cars are still out on the road and dealers will keep selling them through the winter. Definitely a move that won't really keep anyone safe. If someone wants one of those cars, they're probably going to find a way to get one.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
Wolvie70
 
Wolvie70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT, 2SS/RS, 6MT, Hurst, NPP
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 357
I suspect with these cars it comes down to drivers, from what you are saying sounds like you are a good one and if you get a camaro you will probably still beat mustangs. Seems like none of these cars remain stock for long anyways.

If you want to drag race it seems like the L99 would be the way to go. A tune and some trans tweaking apparently wakes them up.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #24
Todd in Vancouver

 
Todd in Vancouver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,451
Just put Winter tires on it if you really want to drive it, I did. As far as the Summer tires go it's all about the performance. Summer tires perform better than all seasons and to get the ZL to try and hook up it takes a super sticky performance tire. An all season isn't going to get it done so they've gone to the F1. I agree that for the majority the all season will take care of their needs on the street but to back up all the claims GM has made with the 1LE & ZL1 they did what they had to with the tires.

As far as the other guys stepping up their end on the performance of their cars, I certainly hope so. As much fun as it is to have the latest top dog it isn't any fun if there is no competition and besides, we all get to benefit from the pony car wars. Makes me smile every time I drive mine.
__________________
Todd in Vancouver
'14 ZL1 Camaro
'67 Camaro SS Pro-tour in process

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession


Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
snaphappy
 
snaphappy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Olive Branch, Ms
Posts: 739
I really wish when the "car journalists" on YouTube reviewed the Camaro they would read this thread first. Whether I'm watching big corporate video reviews, like Motor Trend or small time ones, like the Smoking Tire - none of them understand the SS was designed to go straight. They all take the SS out on the track and complain. It really aggravates me. They just go over the 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times like it means nothing. If you want track performance try beating the 1LE for price. If you want straight line performance the SS is pretty darn good. I wish the journalists understood this.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.