Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Rangore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
Portacable Question for use with Adams stuff

If I buy this...Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher...what do I need to use with Adam's pads and such?

Amazon is selling this at $117...is that a good deal?
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
dude just buy the whole kit from adams...u get 10% off by using the camaro5 code..and it comes with there packing plate for there pads..in the end u wouldn t be saving a whole lot

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. Youíll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I don't think you'll find it any cheaper elsewhere. It's $3 more than what I paid for mine from Amazon about 6 weeks ago. I also ordered the Adam's Complete Polisher Accessory Kit. Gives you everything you need to get started with the PC.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
dude just buy the whole kit from adams...u get 10% off by using the camaro5 code..and it comes with there packing plate for there pads..in the end u wouldn t be saving a whole lot
He's right. I would have ordered the complete kit from Adams if they offered fuel points.

Amazon has become my number #1 vendor because I can buy gift cards at Kroger which earn double and sometimes quadruple fuel points. When you're putting 93 octane in the car every little discount helps.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
go to ADAM's and get the top kit for starters (http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-14-po...polishing.aspx) this will get the the 7424XP, the backing plate, the Swirl and Haze Remover and pad, Fine Machine Polish and pad, AND the Machine Super Saelant and pad.

fore if you buy the PC by itself for $117.....the ADAM's stuff will cost you an adittional $120......if you buy the whole kit from them, and apply the C5 discount they give us (10%) the total would be $216......truely its a NO BRAINER.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Rangore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
go to ADAM's and get the top kit for starters (http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-14-po...polishing.aspx) this will get the the 7424XP, the backing plate, the Swirl and Haze Remover and pad, Fine Machine Polish and pad, AND the Machine Super Saelant and pad.

fore if you buy the PC by itself for $117.....the ADAM's stuff will cost you an adittional $120......if you buy the whole kit from them, and apply the C5 discount they give us (10%) the total would be $216......truely its a NO BRAINER.
Yeah Sir Nuke...that is making sense. Then I also need to buy the clay bar and Detail Spray along with all purpose cleaner. Looking to be close to $300 out the door. :( :/

Edit: Correction...looks to be about $256 out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels

Last edited by Rangore; 04-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Rangore

This is the 2 packages I put together...which would serve best? They are close, but different with types of polishes. My car has some swirl, but nothing I consider bad. It definitely needs clay bar though.

The first one is their "basic" package and adding Clay Bar, Detail Spray, and All Purpose Cleaner.

The second one is their "starter" package.

$256
Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher*
Adamís Premium PC Backing Plate
Adamís Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad 7"
Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad 7"
Adamís Fine Machine Polishing Pad 7"
Adamís Severe Swirl Remover Polish 16 oz.*
Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polish 16 oz.*
Adamís Fine Machine Polish 16 oz.
Adamís Detail Spray 16 oz.*
Adamís Detailing Clay Bar 300 Grams
Adamís All Purpose Cleaner 16 oz.*

$270
Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher*
Adamís Premium PC Backing Plate
Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad 7"
Adamís Fine Machine Polishing Pad 7"
Adamís Machine Super Sealant & Wax Pad 7"
Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polish 16 oz.
Adamís Fine Machine Polish 16 oz.
Adamís Machine Super Sealant 16 oz.*
Adamís Detail Spray 16 oz.*
Adamís Detailing Clay Bar 300 Grams
Adamís All Purpose Cleaner 16 oz.*
Adamís Single Soft Microfiber Towels*2 PK

Thanks,
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
ParisTNDude

Drives: 2010 Corvette Grand Sport
Thanks for the tip. I went to Amazon.com and bought the kit with 2 McGuire buffing pads for $119.00. The tool alone is $130+ elsewhere. You will see the final bonus price at checkout. Great buy...been wanting one of thes for ages.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
1 thing that often gets overlooked when comparing the purchase of the machine thru us vs. another source like Amazon is the warranty. Any tool purchased thru us is covered FOR LIFE... not just the standard 1 year manufacture (which doesn't include labor) so if you ever encounter a problem with your PC we'll replace it at zero cost to you. Just food for thought.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
1 thing that often gets overlooked when comparing the purchase of the machine thru us vs. another source like Amazon is the warranty. Any tool purchased thru us is covered FOR LIFE... not just the standard 1 year manufacture (which doesn't include labor) so if you ever encounter a problem with your PC we'll replace it at zero cost to you. Just food for thought.
that i didnt know...im glad i bought it thru you guys!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. Youíll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
I recently bought the 2474 and all the goodies that go with it from adam's and my PC wouldn't work on any speed but 6. I called Adam's and they sent me a new one out immediately! Do you think you would get that kind of customer service from amazon? Well worth a couple extra bucks!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
Rangore

Quote:

That is actually a tipping point for where to buy it. Thanks.

The hard part...not as much for me as for the wife...is that initial investment. I have no PC or other products to detail a car this way. I only have a hand wax that I've been using and a cheap wife. She chimed and said not cheap...frugal. LOL
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
If I buy this...Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher...what do I need to use with Adam's pads and such?

You just missed out on a deal at Amazon 2 weeks ago...they had it for $90. My order got backordered but it will be here on Monday so yes you can find good deals on these if you get lucky.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214025