Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
camarokc

Drives: Victory Red 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Incentives and Discounts HELP!

I am planning on ordering a new 2013 Camaro 2LT fully loaded on Tuesday (so I need help quick). I have USAA so I should get a $750 discount. How do I take advantage of that discount? Do I just show my USAA card? I'm also going to get the $500 cash instead of the 60-day love it or return it guarantee. And finally, I qualify for the student discount pricing. Do I tell the salesman that I'll be taking these discounts before we negotiate a price and a trade-in value? Or can I wait until I have a great deal before getting my huge discounts? I want the best deal possible on this (as we all do) and I've never bought my own car before.
camarokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokc View Post
I am planning on ordering a new 2013 Camaro 2LT fully loaded on Tuesday (so I need help quick). I have USAA so I should get a $750 discount. How do I take advantage of that discount? Do I just show my USAA card? I'm also going to get the $500 cash instead of the 60-day love it or return it guarantee. And finally, I qualify for the student discount pricing. Do I tell the salesman that I'll be taking these discounts before we negotiate a price and a trade-in value? Or can I wait until I have a great deal before getting my huge discounts? I want the best deal possible on this (as we all do) and I've never bought my own car before.
Get the deal, then add the discounts.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
smhardesty

Drives: 2001 Black Camaro
Quote:
What do you have to do to recieve the student discount? Just show your college ID or what? Also, how much of a discount is it? This is the first I've heard of this. thanks
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhardesty View Post
What do you have to do to recieve the student discount? Just show your college ID or what? Also, how much of a discount is it? This is the first I've heard of this. thanks
^ this???
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
camarokc

https://www.gmcollegediscount.com/ip-vpp/
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
seems the student discount is like a haggle free price just above invoice? so idk how you would go about that? just deal and if they wont go lower just slap that on the table. best of luck
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
For the USAA private offer:

Customer must be a current member of the USAA and must provide a copy of their USAA Insurance Policy or USAA Insurance card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhardesty View Post
As for the College discount, here is what you need to do:

The customer must get an authorization number from www.gmcollegediscount.com and present proof of program eligibility in order to take advantage of the offer. The dealership will need to verify eligibility by confirming either:

1. Evidence of enrollment in an associate, undergraduate, nursing or graduate degree program. This can be a current class schedule, student ID or tuition statement.

2. A diploma dated no more than two years before the vehicle purchase or lease, from a four-year bachelor's degree, a registered nursing degree, a two-year associate degree or a graduate degree program.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Are the student disconts valid on the ZL1?
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #9
camarokc

No, Hercules, it isn't. I wish.

Tags
discount, first car, incentive, student, usaa