Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

USA - Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Send a message via MSN to edog
Any dealers in VA offering test drives?

I live in Fredericksburg Va. I was wondering if any dealers in Va are offering test drives to the public.

I have been in and all over numerous cars, but I have not been able to test drive any.
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by John @Broadview Auto Service. 435HP/420TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Jack Evans Chevy in Front Royal, VA was allowing test drives of their V6 car yesterday. It is sold, but the owner agreed to leave it at the dealer for a while and to let people drive it. You can call and ask for Ron and he should be able to tell you if you could take it for a test drive.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
FireFighter23va

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
Herndon Chevrolet was allowing test drive until a guy bought it less than a day of being there.
FireFighter23va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
edog

Thanks. I have called and left a message.

Have you taken it out? If so, what was it like?
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by John @Broadview Auto Service. 435HP/420TQ
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Thanks. I have called and left a message.

Have you taken it out? If so, what was it like?
Ron is very nice and will do whatever he can to help you. Just tell him that Pete sent you.

I drove it yesterday and I was very impressed. Here is a little mini review I posted in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I got to sit in two different Camaros today (both 1LTs). I even got to take one for a drive. I have to say that I disagree with all the reports that visibility in this car is bad. I was expecting the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised with how well I could see outside the car. The side mirrors are really wide so you get a very good view of what is behind and beside you. I also thought that the rearview mirror visibility was good. I didn't get to get on the car much, but the power was impressive. The car felt very solid and hugged the road even at low speeds. One last thing that many people have commented on negatively is the exhaust note on the V6. It was started right in front of me and even at idle I thought it had a great sound for a V6.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Jack Evans Chevy in Front Royal, VA was allowing test drives of their V6 car yesterday. It is sold, but the owner agreed to leave it at the dealer for a while and to let people drive it. You can call and ask for Ron and he should be able to tell you if you could take it for a test drive.
WHAT?! That guy is crazy.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
edog

Thanks Pete. I will tell him when he calls me back. The receptionist said they are having an event this coming Saturday. I can't make it to that event, but I bet it will attract a lot of people.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Looney Tunes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM auto
Country Chevrolet in Warrenton had a yellow 2LT that I drove last Friday. When i went back to order on Saturday, the salesman said that the engine hadn't been cool since I drove it Friday. It wasn't going to be sold until September so it was for display and to drive. It only took a short drive to convince me.
Looney Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Tunes View Post
Country Chevrolet in Warrenton had a yellow 2LT that I drove last Friday. When i went back to order on Saturday, the salesman said that the engine hadn't been cool since I drove it Friday. It wasn't going to be sold until September so it was for display and to drive. It only took a short drive to convince me.
I drove this car yesterday 5/6. I just can't put it into words the feeling I got wile driving this car. This is the dealer I ordered from, they are all very nice over there.