Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
beausbriggs
2G1FT1EW3A9113560
 
beausbriggs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC Area
Posts: 170
Send a message via AIM to beausbriggs
So I got to try this out yesterday in a dealer car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I was a bit overwhelmed!

The radio functions as normal when you shut the car off. Radio stays on until the drivers door is opened. At that point the radio shuts off.

Now, if you were to turn it back on, it is on for an extended amount of time. No door opening or anything else will turn it off. You must turn it off on the head unit.

If this is indeed how it works, I like it. This way you can play the radio while you're detailing your car or sitting at the beach. I would assume the battery run down protection that has been on all GM's for a while, will also shut the radio off before it becomes an issue.

Again, any owners out there, correct me if I'm wrong...
__________________
2SS/RS LS3 CGM/Black
2G1FT1EW3A9113560

1000, Dealer Order (4.06.09)
1100, Preliminary order accepted (04.09.09)
2000, Order accepted by GM (4.16.09)
3000, Order accepted by production control (4.21.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (5.14.09)
3400, Order broadcast (5.21.09)
3800, Order produced (5.29.09)
4000, Available to ship (5.29.09)
4200, Shipped (5.29.09)
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (5.30.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (6.10.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (6.11.09)
beausbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #27
levi1922

 
levi1922's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by beausbriggs View Post
So I got to try this out yesterday in a dealer car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I was a bit overwhelmed!

The radio functions as normal when you shut the car off. Radio stays on until the drivers door is opened. At that point the radio shuts off.

Now, if you were to turn it back on, it is on for an extended amount of time. No door opening or anything else will turn it off. You must turn it off on the head unit.

If this is indeed how it works, I like it. This way you can play the radio while you're detailing your car or sitting at the beach. I would assume the battery run down protection that has been on all GM's for a while, will also shut the radio off before it becomes an issue.

Again, any owners out there, correct me if I'm wrong...
im not an owner, but from everything that i have seen, read, heard and watched, this is correct. i think it is the same a the GTO's radios were
__________________
levi1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
techinny

 
techinny's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Silverado 1500, '05 GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,402
Went out this morning to change the time on the clock, instead of turning on the key, I pushed the power button and the radio came on. The drivers door was open too. I adjusted the time like I had planned, then pushed the power button again and turned it off. You learn something new every day.

Now, I only had it on for a couple minutes, is there any update to the above posts as far as how long the radio stays if it is turned on like I did? Has anyone left the radio on long enough to the point they needed to be jump started because the battery was low?
__________________

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #29
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
im not an owner, but from everything that i have seen, read, heard and watched, this is correct. i think it is the same a the GTO's radios were
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
Went out this morning to change the time on the clock, instead of turning on the key, I pushed the power button and the radio came on. The drivers door was open too. I adjusted the time like I had planned, then pushed the power button again and turned it off. You learn something new every day.

Now, I only had it on for a couple minutes, is there any update to the above posts as far as how long the radio stays if it is turned on like I did? Has anyone left the radio on long enough to the point they needed to be jump started because the battery was low?


Turning it on that way is still only about 10 minutes unless you turn it on like that again even then, only 10 minutes. It won't remain on unless the car is running.
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
techinny

 
techinny's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Silverado 1500, '05 GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,402
Thanks Fl1ck.
__________________

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Radio? rolnslo Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 37 08-19-2010 05:07 PM
aftermarket question regaurding radio... NightmareSS Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 4 04-23-2009 06:47 PM
Replacing Camaro's funny radio camaromaybe 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 02-18-2009 12:51 PM
Sirius XM Radio drummerstevey Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 7 08-04-2008 10:12 PM
Something I noticed...XM satellite radio timesseven Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 53 07-23-2008 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.