Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Gregwardocanibal

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro LS
2012 LFX Exhaust & Headers

Before I get a thousand posts saying it, yes I know that the LFX has integrated exhaust so that you only get a single pipe from each side of the block. I just want to know if someone has come out with an upgrade to the exhaust from the block out that increases hp/sound at a semi-comparable level to long tubes for an LLT.
Gregwardocanibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Fireman_af

Drives: 2012 Red M6 Camaro LS
Only thing us 2012 could do to increase flow and maybe change the sound a bit is high flow cats. Check out Solo's HFC.

Current AFSC: Recruiter. Primary AFSC: Firefighter
Fireman_af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman_af View Post
Only thing us 2012 could do to increase flow and maybe change the sound a bit is high flow cats. Check out Solo's HFC.

I can't really imagine a way to make a single 2.5" pipe "better"
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.

As mentioned your only current option are the SOLO high flow cats pictured above. They include resonators. These are the best flowing HFC's on the market. Should be able to add another 8 or so HP give or take. You could also consider adding the ARK N2 Catback which features 2.75" piping all the way through. This would definitely give you more airflow. Just about any Catback is going to upgrade your pipes from the stock 2.25" to at least 2.5" pipes. Hope that helps.

Price is LT's-ish 698.00
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post

As mentioned your only current option are the SOLO high flow cats pictured above. They include resonators. These are the best flowing HFC's on the market. Should be able to add another 8 or so HP give or take. You could also consider adding the ARK N2 Catback which features 2.75" piping all the way through. This would definitely give you more airflow. Just about any Catback is going to upgrade your pipes from the stock 2.25" to at least 2.5" pipes. Hope that helps.

Price is LT's-ish 698.00
Not sure if their current offering works on the LFX or not, but these guys are correct. Some type of setup like this would be your best bet.

As far as power, I don't know how they perform on an LFX versus an LLT, but on the LLT they dyno'd showing a gain of 15 HP which very close to LT header territory.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
I was curious about these myself. Has anyone installed these on a 12 yet. I think I'm going to be the guinea pig for alot of stuff lol
Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Any change in sound?

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
I was curious about these myself. Has anyone installed these on a 12 yet. I think I'm going to be the guinea pig for alot of stuff lol
Call SOLO and talk to Jeff. He is an innovative person and is a true car guy. He doesn't automatically throw up roadblocks to new ideas. I bet you guys could figure out the LFX. I don't know why these wouldn't work. You'd simply be replacing your stock down pipe/cats with the SOLO HFC/resonator.

You may have to get a tune. (certainly not the end if the world by a long shot.) I bet the ARK N2 would compliment the SOLO HFC's very well. Great throaty sound, minimal drone. You'd have a car with a nice power upgrade and it would sound like freakin awesome.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
What about finding a head porting company that can enlarge the big single exhaust port then adding a larger diameter tuned pipe to the cats.
Don't know how much material can be taken off the port.
Just an idea.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
SIXJAK

Nothing's impossible my friend. $$$$$
Old 04-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
Any change in sound?
Oh yes...very noticeable change. Thats why they include resonators with these things after the cats...to tone them down.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
s1k0

Interesting, are there any cats that are compatible with the LFX's yet?

Sold It..
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
700 DOLLARS FOR TWO FREAKING CATS?!?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST!

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
thats what I said I thought maybe I was being cheap lol
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
^^^ its that pesky camaro tax lol

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Quote:
well....two cats, some pipe, and two resonators..... but yes its not cheap
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #17
SIXJAK

Quote:
Not Jesus' fault. You'd pay a little more than that for a set of LT/HFC's so there you go. Consider these your LT's Like I said for the LFX I bet the the SOLO HFC and the ARK N2 exhaust would be a very nice setup with some decent gains. You'll spend 1800.00-1900.00.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #18
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
$100 per HP is NOT WORTH IT. Jesus Holy Moses I bet synthetic oil gets you 2 HP for only $20 more. Thats $10 per HP. I think anyone who buys this stuff is nuts!!! Installation not included. This stuff is crazy!!!
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
thats what I said I thought maybe I was being cheap lol
It's really frustrating that people accept it and buy it - they have no clue how badly they're being ripped off...

Two Magnaflow high flow cats would still only cost $200.. I'm failing to see where the additional $500 is coming from... I know it's a new car and there's the "Camaro premium" but they're really taking advantage of you guys...

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I bet the ARK N2 would compliment the SOLO HFC's very well. Great throaty sound, minimal drone. You'd have a car with a nice power upgrade and it would sound like freakin awesome.
Well you said it twice in this thread, now you've piqued my interest.

Indeed I currently have the Ark N2 system, which itself contains no resonators and sounds awesome, though with a small dose of drone around 2k. I think a pair of HFCs with resonators on them would be awesome.

So I would expect a touch more flow/hp, possibly louder, but resonated? Would the added resonators of the Solo HFCs tone down the existing drone I have or are they there to just make sure the addition of HFCs doesn't make the car sound any worse (not that I think it sounds bad at all, which I don't)?

$700 is a bit steep but worthy of a save-up goal. I bought my N2 system used from a club member trading up for an SS so I didn't take the full price hit there.
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
s1k0

If there is a change in sound I might give them a try..

Sold It..
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
As far as power, I don't know how they perform on an LFX versus an LLT, but on the LLT they dyno'd showing a gain of 15 HP which very close to LT header territory.
Do you remember where you saw this dyno info? I currently have the SOLO res-cats and was thinking of getting headers, but if that only nets me a few HP, I don't think I will. I would like to see how the power curve looks.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Solo Does not have HFC for the LFX V-6 2012 Camaro..........
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #24
patrick27md

Drives: 2012 2LS V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregwardocanibal View Post
Before I get a thousand posts saying it, yes I know that the LFX has integrated exhaust so that you only get a single pipe from each side of the block. I just want to know if someone has come out with an upgrade to the exhaust from the block out that increases hp/sound at a semi-comparable level to long tubes for an LLT.
What does this mean?
patrick27md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #25
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick27md View Post
What does this mean?
The exhaust is integrated into the cylinder head and it has a single outlet for an exhaust pipe to connect to verses the LLT motor it replaces which is the usual exhaust set up where the cylinder head attaches an exhaust manifold or where people would attach headers.

Since the LFX doesn't have the typical exhaust manifold you cannot attach a header system to this engine.

Hope this helps.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, headers, lfx