Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
2001ragtop

 
2001ragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 american car
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,419
Bathroom Etiquette

One of my co-workers, who is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, who also has a masters degree....

I noticed he exited the mens room (it's a small private bathroom, where only one person can go in there at a time)...

And when he exited, the smell inside that bathroom was so foul and disgusting and rancid smelling, I was a TINY bit surprised that he left the room and he didn't have the "exhaust fan" switch turned on. I tested the fan and it worked, so I turned it on.

He "walked away" from this bathroom, and the door to the restroom was left partially open, so that if left in this way, the hallway would have smelled equally rancid and disgusting.

My question is this:

I want to assume that he is just "flat out" extremely disgusting, but is the reason he didn't use the exhaust fan is because it's not "manly" to use it ?

Right after he left, I promptly TURNED ON the exhaust fan out of pure DECENCY to the other HUMANS who might wander into that room. He did not see me do this. I did this once he was gone.

Is it okay if I assume he is gross, or is he "normal" to not use the fan at all when he defacates?

What is the real truth on this??? This thread is not meant as a joke.

To me, he just COMPLETELY changed my entire attitude about him. In my mind I wonder "what else" he does that is just as equally disgusting as this.

Interestingly, I have entered this restroom many different times and it smelled FOUL and the fan was OFF. Now I know who has been doing that.

In my mind I wonder,....is that what he does at home with his wife? He destroys the bathroom and leaves the fan turned off ? I am still in shock because this guy seems so nice and polite.

And to me he COMPLETELY IS NOT. I now do not want to go anywhere near him.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
SWAT


 
SWAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,742
Did he exit without washing his hands? Now that would be bad.
__________________
"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come."
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,805
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Isn't this your second bathroom thread?

I don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest...yeah it sucks for whoever goes in there next, but it's a bathroom. It could be worse.

If your opinion of a person changes because of something as insignificant as that, I don't know what to tell you...
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,098
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Lysol is your friend.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
2001ragtop

 
2001ragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 american car
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,419
I have to assume that he just does not want anyone to hear the fan on when he exits the bathroom, because if someone SEES HIM LEAVE and the fan is on, AND you smell the smell, it automatically says "Oh my God what did you just do in there".

But if the fan is off, it can suggest "I was just there washing my hands", I am not the one who made the place stink, therefore i wont turn on the fan.

Edit: I do think I have ranted about this topic before hahahaha
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,805
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Or maybe he's like me and is pretty much immune to foul odors. Seasonal allergies and working on a dairy farm will do that.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Rangore

 
Rangore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,013
ROFL...that's all I can think of about this thread....ROFL
__________________
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
It's worse when an attractive young lady walks out of one of those one at a time bathrooms and it smells like dead animals in there. Two words, TURN OFF.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
CamaroSue
 
CamaroSue's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Z28, 2011 Corvette GS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 166
Perhaps someone should explain the courtesy flush to him!
CamaroSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Decibel JJ
Car nut
 
Decibel JJ's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 690
If you say you walked in and it smells, how do you "know" it was him and Not the person before him?

When you then leave does the next person seeing you exit think "You" did it?

How can you change your attitude to this guy on a assumption ??
__________________
Quote: Don't you just hate it when Satan steals your ride and does all these weird ass mods to it?

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
2001ragtop

 
2001ragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 american car
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,419
Well to me it's like you know a room is on fire, but you just ignore it and don't do a single thing about it, including pouring a glass of water on it.

He just "left" and acted like its not his problem.

To him, the odor does not qualify as any kind of a problem.

And it is completely unimportant if the hallway smells like feces.

To him, that is not anything to be worried about at all.

I am now speculating that he is probably an alien because I have heard aliens don't care about foul odors at all.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,805
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
No offense, I think you're overreacting just a little much here. Just like your last bathroom thread...
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
2001ragtop

 
2001ragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 american car
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,419
I am being obnoxious but I still feel it would have been thoughtful to turn on the fan.

I might copy his philosophy and stop using the fan also. If someone asks I will just say hey I don't use a fan. I don't need that.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
Perhaps someone should explain the courtesy flush to him!
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
SleepWarz
Banned
 
Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 2,259
LOL at thread. If you just crunched one of the most foul smelling loafs conceived by your rectum, I would want to leave like it never happened as well.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
This has to be the thread of the year.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,080
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Or maybe he's like me and is pretty much immune to foul odors. Seasonal allergies and working on a dairy farm will do that.
lol I know what you mean lol.


We had this delievery driver (that did not work for us but would deliever to us) that would use our bathroom in the kitchen & leave alittle of himself on the floor.

Now the only ones that normally use that bathroom is the ladies that work in the kitchen. lol.
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,995
there's a good chance, that had he taken the half a second or so, to turn the fan on, he would have sharted his pants.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Well at has been shown that people aren't capable of smelling themselves after they go to the bathroom. So maybe he wasn't aware it smelled that bad and didn't think he needed to.

Oh and p.s, I've never been in a restroom that had an exhaust fan that you had to manually turn on, they've all been automatic. So if I used that same restroom I would have done the same thing as he did because I wouldn't have known it was there.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #21
2010SS2SS

 
2010SS2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cypress, texas
Posts: 1,334
Maybe he just thinks his shit don't stink??
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #22
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
there's a good chance, that had he taken the half a second or so, to turn the fan on, he would have sharted his pants.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Isn't this your second bathroom thread?

I don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest...yeah it sucks for whoever goes in there next, but it's a bathroom. It could be worse.

If your opinion of a person changes because of something as insignificant as that, I don't know what to tell you...
ALL People stink when that go poopy. It's a fact of life. Did you ever think that he may be a germaphobe and doesn't what to touch a device that he knows people use before and after going number two. I would say you need the fan to be on an automatic timer that runs it for so long after the light turns off or on a photo or heat sensor. But work great and you don't have to touch anything. That's what I have in my shop. It's really no big deal either way.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
How do you feel about fart echos in stall bathrooms?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #25
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
ALL People stink when that go poopy. It's a fact of life. Did you ever think that he may be a germaphobe and doesn't what to touch a device that he knows people use before and after going number two. I would say you need the fan to be on an automatic timer that runs it for so long after the light turns off or on a photo or heat sensor. But work great and you don't have to touch anything. That's what I have in my shop. It's really no big deal either way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
How do you feel about fart echos in stall bathrooms?
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.