Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 01-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
ET records etc...for ZL1 how do you really know its a record...

I know that others have asked this,as i have had FTF conversion's about it,and remember reading old posts about people claiming they have the fastest car in the state,country,or the world..
If its in a race car/anc ther class and on a track during a race event ,then there is prove its been done in that class,and there are records kept about it ,as well as tech to double check to make sure the car is legal etc etc..
Now when someone builds a street car and just makes a video stating their cars is the fastest stock,fastest bolt,or fastest something,lol Who is there to check it out, to see if it really stock or just a cam only etc...Normally no one and they just have a video and they go post it showing the time (If that)..and if they dont see a faster car on a forum they claim a record...
Not everyone who goes out and buys every bolt on they can find or just installs a cam only, makes a video of their run,or could care less about posting stuff on the web...So in truth its pretty hard for someone to claim that they have the fastest bolt on in the county,or cam only etc..
On the flip side those of us that spend the really big dollars because they want to be the fastest period ,normally post their car because they want to be seen as the fastest...So that might be a little easier to claim since those rare people tend to run in the same circles
As far as other so called records How do they/we really know its true? You cant..Some people just don't go to the drag strip or could care less about being known on the internet in a forum...
Now to say they have the fastest cam only car posted to date on this forum or that forum etc...or maybe fastest run posted to date, is something that can be agreed without any too much of a issue'

As a personal example Back in 1995 we had a ranger rover,and a family member traveled to England and while there picked up a S/C kit that was not available over here because it was a police issue unit for some Scotland yard units only. So with a connection and some pull we were able to purchase one.What was available at the time in the U.S. really didn't give us the power we were wanting..anyway long story we sent the truck to a place in AZ..and when they got done claimed we had the fastest range rover LWB in the country, which was not what we aimed for but took it with a grain of salt and went on with our business using it as a daily driver....But we never posted it or even took it to the drag strip,it just happened that the shop that built it ran it to see what it would do...There just was not a lot of high 11 low 12 ranger rovers running around in 1995,and we spanked a lot of confused muscle car owners for a good 5 yrs till the blower failed and parts were not available for replacement...
We had a 86 IROC back in 87 when a fast real full street car was high 12's ..We built a Iroc that had all the factory interior power seats A/C etc...It ran 10.01 on pump gas,With aftermarket TPI system and a gen1 dos base fuel management system, but never bothered or cared to called around to hot rod or race in a event,or even video it...Then we heard of what some were saying as the fastest Z28/IROC in the country and we had time slips a full 3/4 second faster, so thats when i started taking claims with a grain of salt..
Anyway I am not saying that anyone is lying or trying to pull the wool over our eyes but it does happen by pure lack of really checking the facts,or just jumping the gun because someone is faster than the last guy who was too lazy to look through 10-15 forums of real facts...
So if everyone would also give their 2 cents, opinion about it,and any hard facts that would prove someones opened statement of being the fastest and believing it..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
I have the fastest car in my garage!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
CanadianZL1#992

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Davenport Stage 5+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I have the fastest car in my garage!
Me to. Lol. My wife has a CTS coupe but I wouldn't let her get the V. She got the 3.6 AWD
CanadianZL1#992 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
The simple answer to your question is look at the fast list.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

I realize not everyone in the world takes the time to post their data on this thread but it is updated daily and has cars from Linginfelter, Redline motorsports, and several other shops. It does not have land rovers, mustangs, or corvettes, it has Gen 5 Camaros. That is what we drive around here and those are the only records we care about. I think if someone wants to be recognized in this crowd they need to post their time on this board. Period. Most serious racers are doing it, it is the official Camaro5 record list.
ADM - 434 ERL superdeck block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 3.23 rear diff. LPE pulley upgrades, IDE1200's. ADM 2000hp fuel system, ADM trunk mount intercooler reservoir, Ron Davis heat ex, and radiator, LPE oil cooler, rear subframe bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock kit, braided brake and clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. New dyno numbers pending after turbo install.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Well yes that's what i said those heavy hitters that are into wanting to be know as the fastest,or the shop on shop competition will always almost be posted as they live for that....REALLY mustangs and range rovers aren't listed ? WOW ! lol but their are those on here that do own and drive other makes and models and care about them i read it all the time.But I/We were just talking about bragging period..It was a simple statement,which i figured most would understand it had noting to do with the make of the car/truck just my experience with claims of others bragging being first hand B.S....But i will play along with your all included knowledge of everyone... How do you know that everyone else only cares about the Gen5 fast list,LOL LOL there are lots of ZL1 owners that also have vets,mustangs and other brands that mod and post on other forum's but I am not going to worry about that since I know its not true,since I own a ZL1 and i am part of the forum..., Oh I just purchase another brand last month,cant be true,lol ..maybe i will make it the worlds fastest ZL1 pulled on a trailer... ,lol....since my mustang is now gone....
...Talk about being off subject...
So your of those saying that the fast list doesn't mean your fastest in the country,world other than the forum they are posted on then even if some use it to claim they are...Makes sense to me,not every cares about it or even know about it....The fast list is a good idea for those that like seeing their hard work/money/ mean something to like minded people and not just to themselves...It been fun ! but I do understand enough to read between your lines of comments..
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Well yes that's what i said those heavy hitters that are into wanting to be know as the fastest,or the shop on shop competition will always almost be posted as they live for that....REALLY mustangs and range rovers aren't listed ? WOW ! lol but their are those on here that do own and drive other makes and models and care about them i read it all the time.But I/We were just talking about bragging period..It was a simple statement,which i figured most would understand it had noting to do with the make of the car/truck just my experience with claims of others bragging being first hand B.S....But i will play along with your all included knowledge of everyone... How do you know that everyone else only cares about the Gen5 fast list,LOL LOL there are lots of ZL1 owners that also have vets,mustangs and other brands that mod and post on other forum's but I am not going to worry about that since I know its not true,since I own a ZL1 and i am part of the forum..., Oh I just purchase another brand last month,cant be true,lol ..maybe i will make it the worlds fastest ZL1 pulled on a trailer... ,lol....since my mustang is now gone....
...Talk about being off subject...
So your of those saying that the fast list doesn't mean your fastest in the country,world other than the forum they are posted on then even if some use it to claim they are...Makes sense to me,not every cares about it or even know about it....The fast list is a good idea for those that like seeing their hard work/money/ mean something to like minded people and not just to themselves...It been fun ! but I do understand enough to read between your lines of comments..
Okay, I'm kind of scratching my head...... This is Camaro5, there are 13 categories of 5th gen Camaros for the V8's in the post I linked and 5 categories for V6 Camaros. There is no category for fastest ZL1 on a trailer but there are 3 categories for ZL1's, bone stock, bolt on mods, and internal engine mods. Every ZL1 fits in one of these categories although some people seem to be prone to arguing about what would consitute the middle category. If anyone beats a time on the list they have bragging rights. They owe it to the Camaro community to provide information to update the list. For me that is simple. This is a world wide forum and those that want to brag and be recognized are generally on the list. If someone wants to challenge the data, great, put it up or shut up.

I like corvettes and vipers and ferraris but this is the Camaro forum and this is where the Camaro records are. That is all I'm saying. There is nothing between the lines. If you want to see what other cars are doing try their forums.
ADM - 434 ERL superdeck block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 3.23 rear diff. LPE pulley upgrades, IDE1200's. ADM 2000hp fuel system, ADM trunk mount intercooler reservoir, Ron Davis heat ex, and radiator, LPE oil cooler, rear subframe bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock kit, braided brake and clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. New dyno numbers pending after turbo install.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
ZL1RHINO

Drives: 2013 black on black
Amen and Jess I sent you a pm reply when you get a chance
ZL1RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
big dave

Drives: '13 BRM ZL1
I have a time that's quick enough to be on the stock ZL1 list. Unfortunately, being not real 'puter savy, I can't figure out how to post it. lol!

'94 Z28 A4. 13.64 @ 100.1 stock. 11.71 @ 117 h/c

'99 SS M6. 13.28 @ 105 stock. 12.02 @ 116.5 bolt-ons on street tires. Full weight. New combo 10.94 @ 126.9 n/a full weight on et streets. .http://youtu.be/BCJNFJrp2lg
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I have a time that's quick enough to be on the stock ZL1 list. Unfortunately, being not real 'puter savy, I can't figure out how to post it. lol!
Well if you can figure out how to take a picture of the slip and post the picture you got it.

If you can get a picture onto your computer and find it again then you are halfway there.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
ET records etc...for ZL1 how do you really know its a record...

Why is it that I feel this whole post was started just to troll this board? I get what you're saying about people not into racing possibly having a faster Camaro, but that is not what the fast lists are about. And, if anyone doesn't believe the videos and time slips that have been posted, then I don't know what to tell you. What I can tell you is that the video of the fastest bolt-on ZL1 has pretty strong ground to stand on, and if there are people out there that have a faster bolt-on Camaro ZL1 they can dispute it with their own evidence. I'm sure when that happens there will be someone like the OP disputing it. Just because someone (anyone) doesn't agree with the mods done doesn't mean that the car's owner is lying or wrong.

By your example, you are saying that anyone who claims to be the best at something can't really say he's the best because he hasn't gone against everyone that does that specific thing. To me, if someone thinks they have a claim to being the fastest or the best at anything, they have to prove it. If they don't, then they have not demonstrated they deserve that title. Until someone does come along to knock that person off the top of the list, then the person with the proof of being fastest stays on top.

I don't know how many different times this subject is going to get posted about, but I am sure when it does the OP will be right there banging on his drum.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
tpower
aka NO POWER

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Why is it that I feel this whole post was started just to troll this board? I get what you're saying about people not into racing possibly having a faster Camaro, but that is not what the fast lists are about. And, if anyone doesn't believe the videos and time slips that have been posted, then I don't know what to tell you. What I can tell you is that the video of the fastest bolt-on ZL1 has pretty strong ground to stand on, and if there are people out there that have a faster bolt-on Camaro ZL1 they can dispute it with their own evidence. I'm sure when that happens there will be someone like the OP disputing it. Just because someone (anyone) doesn't agree with the mods done doesn't mean that the car's owner is lying or wrong.

By your example, you are saying that anyone who claims to be the best at something can't really say he's the best because he hasn't gone against everyone that does that specific thing. To me, if someone thinks they have a claim to being the fastest or the best at anything, they have to prove it. If they don't, then they have not demonstrated they deserve that title. Until someone does come along to knock that person off the top of the list, then the person with the proof of being fastest stays on top.

I don't know how many different times this subject is going to get posted about, but I am sure when it does the OP will be right there banging on his drum.
2012 ZL1 #241
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote