Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Kerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro
2010 v6 19s cupping tires from new gm says get screwed

3 cases have been opend on this same issue 2 dealerships. Now gm is telling me that cupping is normal wear.
1st time 12000 miles all 4 tires cupped on both sides. we had to pay about 250.00 + lineup for new tires and linup with around 15000 miles.
2nd case tires were wore out on pasanger side in 6000 miles. Finaly after a lot of trouble gm and the deler came with a new set of tires and went to another delership and got an alinement.
Afew weeks went by 1st dealer called and said there line up machine was bad and had caused the tires to wear out in the 6000 miles.
3rd case about 15000 miles tires on passanger side cupping deler says alinment within speck. gm says normal tire wear to cup tires and the womp womp womp noise is normal.
Fun Fun.
caint belive gm would treat us this way.
Car is driven on a 4 lane hwy every day and non I repeat non of our veicals over the last 30 years ahs ever had this kind of a problem. 2002 silavrado on mine 130 thousand andt never alined and wears tires perfectly.
gm stuck it to us on this one. they are in bres aires phillipens and who knows where else they all have the same voice.nad named john
You know what else they have is our american jobs.

SUCKS big time,guess were stuck.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Welcome to C5. I’m having some trouble following your post. If your dealership is not helping you, then contact GM. If that doesn’t work follow the escalation procedure to attempt to remedy the situation. Do you have any aftermarket suspension parts? Or aftermarket wheels? This is the first I have heard of this issue.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Welcome to C5. I’m having some trouble following your post. If your dealership is not helping you, then contact GM. If that doesn’t work follow the escalation procedure to attempt to remedy the situation. Do you have any aftermarket suspension parts? Or aftermarket wheels? This is the first I have heard of this issue.

Car is bone stock and always has been,
Sorry for the dislixey have a hard time with the written word.
2 different dealers 3 cases opend with chevy since the car had about 15000 miles. Been down the distric manger route 3 times.
Its the first time for us to and why I think the car has some kind of defect,
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I would send a message to Jeff Morris on this forum. He is with Chevrolet Customer Service. His screen name is Chevrolet Customer Svc, and you can send him a message by clicking the private message link in the upper right hand corner of this page. Maybe he can help you out?
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Kerry. I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Could you message me with your latest case number so I can look it over and see what I can do? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi Kerry. I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Could you message me with your latest case number so I can look it over and see what I can do? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Thanks Jeff,
Any help would be greaty appreacited.Pm sent.