Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
World War II Veterans and Service Stories

Early this morning, I brought some members of my section to spend some time with veterans on their way to our nation's capital for a WWII event. We had the opportunity to meet some war heroes who served all the way up to Vietnam and even spent some time with a retired Master Chief who served as the most senior enlisted sailor in the Navy for some time. This gave us an opportunity to learn a great deal from the experiences of outstanding individuals who served the United States at a turning point of history. Without their honorable service, the world would be very different today.

I wanted to find out if anyone here on Camaro5 had any sea stories or service experiences from their time in service that would be appropriate to share with their civilian friends on Camaro5.

Please consider whether your stories are appropriate to post based on whether locations or information is classified or would affect current operations.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Like any current or former service member I have a plenty of stories but I don't know how well they will be carried off over the medium of a forum. When I was in high school I interviewed my great uncle who served in the Pacific during WWII for a project and I will never forget that evening. Even after my own experiences his account of the war blows my mind.

One time while I was in the Army I worked with a team from Croatia. We were together 24/7 for about a week and they had some absolutely incredible stories about the Yugoslav War. They were literally just average Joes working the 9-5 up until the military rolled in and started slaughtering everyone. It was like something out of Red Dawn. They did what they had to do to defend themselves and they got pretty creative.

The future "Apex Chase" is first on the left.

"Scouts Out!"

Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
Rangore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
I have a TON of respect for combat veterans!!!

I was fortunate to not see combat. I went into the Marines right after the first Gulf War.
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote