Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
SteveRS


 
SteveRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Posts: 6,335
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Beach body thread =]

for all of those who love to get their Insanity and P90X and etc workouts on this is the thread for you..

what workouts do you do?
good results??
supplements?
want to join team beach body as a member or coach??

If you are Active duty Military you can become a beach body coach for FREE!! and get the 20% discounts =] PM me for details..

but lets get our fitness talk goin!!!
__________________
2011 Imperial Blue 1.5SS
2010 Silver Ice Cobalt SS
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,612
I did P90X a few years ago when i was 19 (Now 24). When i got out of highschool i was 215lbs and went on a cruise that summer and gained 10lbs in a week from all the delicious food. Well thanks to P90X i stayed with it and dropped to 155lbs and kept it off thanks to all the new eating habits. Also i just finished doing INSANITY had great results with it. Im going to start working on a hybrid of the two programs now.

Im using Optimum Nutrition whey protein in chocolate.. yum lol
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!
 
camaroitalia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,838
I'd like some details
__________________
camaroitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
I did P90X a few years ago when i was 19 (Now 24). When i got out of highschool i was 215lbs and went on a cruise that summer and gained 10lbs in a week from all the delicious food. Well thanks to P90X i stayed with it and dropped to 155lbs and kept it off thanks to all the new eating habits. Also i just finished doing INSANITY had great results with it. Im going to start working on a hybrid of the two programs now.

Im using Optimum Nutrition whey protein in chocolate.. yum lol
Awesome, wow that's a serious drop. I started insanity about 2 weeks ago. Just did my second fit test today, getting better but man are these workouts brutal. I haven't sweat like this for a long time. I'm hoping to get primed up for crossfit after insanity. Good for you for sticking through it!
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,667
Oh and +1 on Optimum Nutrition Chocolate. It is good. I take that one as a Pre workout and got their 2:1:1 recovery one for after. Pretty happy so far.
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Indy Bumble Bee
 
Indy Bumble Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: Beest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 665
December 2009 I was 243 lb... I was a poor post college grad with no money eating totinos pizza and ramon noodles haha. Cheap but bad diet. I started eating a restricted 2000-2200 calorie diet. I am now 197 after 2 and half years but it has been rocky. Here is my advice...

1) 95% is what you eat. You need to eat less than you than what your body needs to maitain in order to lose weight.
2) Weght training and cardio... You burn calories several hours after weight training as with cardio you burn calories during. People like p90x for this reason. It is a combination of the two.
3) Mental toughness is the most important aspect of losing weight. You must really want it!!! I mean really! Read quotes to motivate you, listen to music, look at pictures you want to look like. It is a lifetime change not a summer change.

I lift weights for 45 min. 4-5x a week. Back and bis, chest and tris, legs, traps and delts. This way I hit each one hard once a week with adequate rest time. 15-20 min of cardio every other day. The days I am not doing cardio I do abs.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, 300-500 calories each, water water water!

I dont take supplements now BUT! Preworkouts are important if you are sluggish...Jack3d worked great for me! Creatine is important. I didn't like to drink my protein, I would rather get it from meals, but drink protein shakes if you dont have time for a meal...(ALSO,drink Casein at night as it is a slower digesting protein and is better for before sleep. Cottage cheese is also a slower digesting protein).

Thats a start... I hope this helps and doesn't confuse haha
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Awesome, wow that's a serious drop. I started insanity about 2 weeks ago. Just did my second fit test today, getting better but man are these workouts brutal. I haven't sweat like this for a long time. I'm hoping to get primed up for crossfit after insanity. Good for you for sticking through it!
Thanks Luke!, wasnt easy but i made it..

Yeah INSANITY makes you sweat like crazy, never in my life have i sweated that much from a workout program. wait till month 2...gets better
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I lift weights for 45 min. 4-5x a week. Back and bis, chest and tris, legs, traps and delts. This way I hit each one hard once a week with adequate rest time. 15-20 min of cardio every other day. The days I am not doing cardio I do abs.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, 300-500 calories each, water water water!

I dont take supplements now BUT! Preworkouts are important if you are sluggish...Jack3d worked great for me! Creatine is important. I didn't like to drink my protein, I would rather get it from meals, but drink protein shakes if you dont have time for a meal...(ALSO,drink Casein at night as it is a slower digesting protein and is better for before sleep. Cottage cheese is also a slower digesting protein).

Thats a start... I hope this helps and doesn't confuse haha
1. I love my fellow weight lifters and fellow commrads that love to workout. ..but I have some tweaks to improve this for you Indy Bee

Creatine is NOT important. Not sure you could convince me otherwise. I have been competing in powerlifting events for quite some time, and never has Creatine been important, nor do I take it. Also, lifting 4 days a week is plenty. 5 is a little too much if you are hitting it that hard. Give your body time to grow and react to all the great food and workouts. Rest!

Thanks
Hrpiii
Brought to you by "get big or go home" dude.
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
December 2009 I was 243 lb... I was a poor post college grad with no money eating totinos pizza and ramon noodles haha. Cheap but bad diet. I started eating a restricted 2000-2200 calorie diet. I am now 197 after 2 and half years but it has been rocky. Here is my advice...

1) 95% is what you eat. You need to eat less than you than what your body needs to maitain in order to lose weight.
2) Weght training and cardio... You burn calories several hours after weight training as with cardio you burn calories during. People like p90x for this reason. It is a combination of the two.
3) Mental toughness is the most important aspect of losing weight. You must really want it!!! I mean really! Read quotes to motivate you, listen to music, look at pictures you want to look like. It is a lifetime change not a summer change.

I lift weights for 45 min. 4-5x a week. Back and bis, chest and tris, legs, traps and delts. This way I hit each one hard once a week with adequate rest time. 15-20 min of cardio every other day. The days I am not doing cardio I do abs.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, 300-500 calories each, water water water!

I dont take supplements now BUT! Preworkouts are important if you are sluggish...Jack3d worked great for me! Creatine is important. I didn't like to drink my protein, I would rather get it from meals, but drink protein shakes if you dont have time for a meal...(ALSO,drink Casein at night as it is a slower digesting protein and is better for before sleep. Cottage cheese is also a slower digesting protein).

Thats a start... I hope this helps and doesn't confuse haha
Had a friend who tried jack3d and said it was really good but i never tried it. would you mind explaining what creatine does or helps with? I never got into the whole supplements even though i know its important.
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
December 2009 I was 243 lb... I was a poor post college grad with no money eating totinos pizza and ramon noodles haha. Cheap but bad diet. I started eating a restricted 2000-2200 calorie diet. I am now 197 after 2 and half years but it has been rocky. Here is my advice...

1) 95% is what you eat. You need to eat less than you than what your body needs to maitain in order to lose weight.
2) Weght training and cardio... You burn calories several hours after weight training as with cardio you burn calories during. People like p90x for this reason. It is a combination of the two.
3) Mental toughness is the most important aspect of losing weight. You must really want it!!! I mean really! Read quotes to motivate you, listen to music, look at pictures you want to look like. It is a lifetime change not a summer change.

I lift weights for 45 min. 4-5x a week. Back and bis, chest and tris, legs, traps and delts. This way I hit each one hard once a week with adequate rest time. 15-20 min of cardio every other day. The days I am not doing cardio I do abs.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, 300-500 calories each, water water water!

I dont take supplements now BUT! Preworkouts are important if you are sluggish...Jack3d worked great for me! Creatine is important. I didn't like to drink my protein, I would rather get it from meals, but drink protein shakes if you dont have time for a meal...(ALSO,drink Casein at night as it is a slower digesting protein and is better for before sleep. Cottage cheese is also a slower digesting protein).

Thats a start... I hope this helps and doesn't confuse haha
Good info. Yeah, I have been reading about Casein protein. I do all whey now, and for the evening I try to get it through my meal. I've been staying away from creatine. I don't know why but I feel like it has such mixed reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Thanks Luke!, wasnt easy but i made it..

Yeah INSANITY makes you sweat like crazy, never in my life have i sweated that much from a workout program. wait till month 2...gets better
Oh man I bet, as if 40 mins isn't enough. It's tough to go without breaks. Craziness but I always feel great afterward. Did you take creatine during? I noticed the "beach body" results and recovery formula has creatine in it. Maybe I should take some creatine during Insanity?
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,542
To add to the questions here.

supplements are just that, a supplement for food/vitamin/nutrition you are NOT getting enough of in your regular meals. If you are eating healthy, a good variety, you should be okay. If you are trying to gain muscle, and struggle getting enough protein and carbs in through the day, supplements will help you a LOT.
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,395
Creatine is like many other supliments. If you are eating a proper diet suplimenting with creatine is not needed, but as with other supliments they are useful for filling the gaps your diet may have. As I always say it is best to get your nutrients from whole foods.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Indy Bumble Bee
 
Indy Bumble Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: Beest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

Creatine is NOT important. Not sure you could convince me otherwise. I have been competing in powerlifting events for quite some time, and never has Creatine been important, nor do I take it. Also, lifting 4 days a week is plenty. 5 is a little too much if you are hitting it that hard. Give your body time to grow and react to all the great food and workouts. Rest!


Thanks for the critique...As for creatine I didn't say it as a supplement. You get creatine from red meat. There are numerous studies that show creatine AIDS in the development of muscle growth. I didn't say if you took creatine monohydrate that you would automatically become stronger... I mean it is important to get if from foods or if you want more buy creatine monohydrate for 20 bucks that will last you months. I view supplements as that. They help you acheive your goal, they dont replace your workout intensity or workouts.

Also, I split my routine into 5 parts working each group once a week. It has worked great for me with no injuries.

But thank you for bring that up because I didn't mean for it to come across that way. That is one reason why I am not taking supplements right now because at this point I dont need them for my goals.

Last edited by Indy Bumble Bee; 04-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Indy Bumble Bee
 
Indy Bumble Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: Beest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 665
hrpii I just noticed your from Indy, what side of town?
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,395
Your body stores creatine, unlike proteins so getting adequate amounts doesn't mean it needs to be consumed with any special timing. Some sea foods are also good sources of creatine for those that stay away from red meat but a good quality lean red meat has some of the best muscle building capabilities of most foods.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,976
I love these threads. I used P90x for quite awhile and really loved what it had done for me. But in all honesty Id rather be at the gym. I have been really hitting the weights hard in the last few weeks. Trying to put on some more mass! I use many different supplements, but I really like BSN's products alot.
__________________
Dznts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you
 
bossbunny's Avatar
 
Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cut 'N Shoot Texas
Posts: 24,454
Hrpii and CFD know their stuff boys! They help out in the weight loss thread!

I've done Insanity and P90X. And just eat clean. Both very good products that yield great results! Now I do a hybrid of P90X/Insanity/TBS by Gilad/Or just what I feel like sweating too that day.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.