Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Taking up two parking spots

This was on Reddit. Apparently, a car had been parking in two spots for quite a while, when the Redditor took it upon himself to deal with the situation. The first picture is how he dealt with it. The second picture is how the person parked today after that. Success!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
HAHA, Nice!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Why did this person feel the need to take two spaces? I will only take two if I am sure the two spaces will not be needed while I am parked. If the parking lot is busy, always take only one spot.

I see no reason to double park that car anyway....
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
HookemHorns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Love it...
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
RamAir02
Black/Black 2SS/RS

Drives: '10 SS/RS M6, '07 ZX6R
That's great.
Previous Cars: 1999 Trans Am, 2000 WS6, 2005 CTS-V
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
ha
Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
xVengeancex28

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
LOL thats funny
Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Why did this person feel the need to take two spaces? I (abunchofwords) always take only one spot.

I see no reason to double park that car anyway....
Fixing that for everyone...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
This was on Reddit. Apparently, a car had been parking in two spots for quite a while, when the Redditor took it upon himself to deal with the situation. The first picture is how he dealt with it. The second picture is how the person parked today after that. Success!

Not to be an ass, and I know some of you guys will be mad at me for this, but I would have immediatly called a friend over and put that scion in the ditch... Most likely doesnt have his parking brake on and its fwd.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
odds are, it's an auto.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
RamAir02
Black/Black 2SS/RS

Drives: '10 SS/RS M6, '07 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post

Not to be an ass, and I know some of you guys will be mad at me for this, but I would have immediatly called a friend over and put that scion in the ditch... Most likely doesnt have his parking brake on and its fwd.
You would really have no right to do that, considering you would've been the one to park like a jerk in the first place. The guy or gal in the sunfire was just asking for it, especially because they repeatedly parked in that manner. Most people probably would have keyed it, but this person got creative.
Previous Cars: 1999 Trans Am, 2000 WS6, 2005 CTS-V
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #13
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: '13 WRX STi
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Wow
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:

So your reaction to a non violent point, (as stated he could of keyed the car) to an action that is in fact an infraction, at least in GA if the property owner calls the police, is to decide to pausibly cause damage to the persons vehicle in retaliation, stranding said person(s) until at more cost to themselves they get a tow and/or another ride home......I know you stated what you werent being, but that would be my definition of one. I will assume you meant that post with a tongue in cheek kind of sarcasm
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

what's also funny, that scion could quite possibly STILL be in one space. front tire may be on the line. lol
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

If I had done that, I would have taken a picture like he did. If my car DID get damaged, the photo is going right to the police. Not real smart to put a car in the ditch or do ANYTHING being that he might also be in the bushes videotaping your reaction to finding your car blocked in.

1) If you parked in two spots, YOU DESERVE THIS!!!!
2) The proper way to respond to this is to slink away sheepishly for parking like a douchebag, and do what the car did...which is to NOT PARK LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!

At least, that's the way I see it...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
So your reaction to a non violent point, (as stated he could of keyed the car) to an action that is in fact an infraction, at least in GA if the property owner calls the police, is to decide to pausibly cause damage to the persons vehicle in retaliation, stranding said person(s) until at more cost to themselves they get a tow and/or another ride home......I know you stated what you werent being, but that would be my definition of one. I will assume you meant that post with a tongue in cheek kind of sarcasm

No I meant it 100%. Why should you be let off for being an a$$hole (by parking within inches of my car) because you think I am one? It is not illegal to take up two parking spaces.

It goes both ways, it takes two to tangle.

Now this could of been an isolated incident and both people know eachother type of thing. But if you do something like this, I would be fully prepared for the consequences. Who knows some 6'4" 300 lb guy comes out and beats the living daylights out of you whos the winner in that one?

What I am saying is leave people alone, you never know you are going to piss off on when they are having a "BAD DAY."

"bad day" = a$$ whooped, stabbed, shot, who knows maybe they are a damn good lawyer and will just sue you for everything you have.

Just putting that out there
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

*two to tango
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #20
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
*two to tango
I meant Tangle, because it would most likely end up in a fight......errrrr

just joking you got me on that one.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
No I meant it 100%. Why should you be let off for being an a$$hole (by parking within inches of my car) because you think I am one? It is not illegal to take up two parking spaces.

It goes both ways, it takes two to tangle.

Now this could of been an isolated incident and both people know eachother type of thing. But if you do something like this, I would be fully prepared for the consequences. Who knows some 6'4" 300 lb guy comes out and beats the living daylights out of you whos the winner in that one?

What I am saying is leave people alone, you never know you are going to piss off on when they are having a "BAD DAY."

"bad day" = a$$ whooped, stabbed, shot, who knows maybe they are a damn good lawyer and will just sue you for everything you have.

Just putting that out there
OK swifty, where in my post did I say it was illgal? I stated they would get an infraction, or citation IF the property owner called the police. So not only are you unneccessarily violent, you dont seem to read that well. And what did the guy do that parked close? as far as I can tell he parked within the parking space, its not his fault the idiot in the red car cant park worht a crap.

Also you would think someone who thinks beyond 3 seconds ahead would realize that if you escalate the issue, push the guys car into the ditch, you should not be surprised if the guy then returns and caps a couple in the back of your head while you arent looking in retaliation, this was someone who parked there every day, so it is to be assumed he worked or lived there so it wouldnt of been hard.

But then I guess you think your the only unneccessarily over reacting violent person around? I just dont understand people whos first reaction to stuff is to damage stuff or injure people in retaliation like a 2 year old who had his toy taken away.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
driyac

I had swift comebacks to all of these, but have taken the "high road" just like the person in the Scion should have done. Left the red car alone and parked somewhere else. This afterall was the point of my responses. Except for the pushing the car in the ditch part.

I am sorry though, I could not read what you wrote very well. The english language you had typed was so butchered that my only reaction was .....
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #24
Jas29

Drives: nothing
Quote:

so how many cars have u put into a ditch??? thanks for the laugh
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

Ain't that cute. They're in love.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote