Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,056
ANY issues with ADM exhaust controller ?

I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with the ADM exhaust controller draining the Battery ? I never drive my car,and the only mod done to the car,other than power stuff is the ADM exhaust mode controller.
I have gone out to the car twice since i installed it and both times the battery needed to be be jumped,I am not sure if its just because the car is never driven or if its the ADM part...
I had read that other types of controllers can drain the battery because they are always on trying to keep the valve closed,or open ..
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with the ADM exhaust controller draining the Battery ? I never drive my car,and the only mod done to the car,other than power stuff is the ADM exhaust mode controller.
I have gone out to the car twice since i installed it and both times the battery needed to be be jumped,I am not sure if its just because the car is never driven or if its the ADM part...
I had read that other types of controllers can drain the battery because they are always on trying to keep the valve closed,or open ..

The system can close the valves with key off, if you leave it this way
It will drain the battery. We sent out an email about this.

You can change 1 wire that powers our system to ignition (pink wire behind the fuse block) if you need.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
MrDew
 
MrDew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Switzerland (no longer Houston, TX) :-(
Posts: 479
Andy

If the switch is left open you're not drawing any power, correct?
(curious to know since my Z is in hibernation now:-()
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
The system can close the valves with key off, if you leave it this way
It will drain the battery. We sent out an email about this.

You can change 1 wire that powers our system to ignition (pink wire behind the fuse block) if you need.
Well i did not install the system as i can not being crippled,but the system is set up to be installed to a always hot wire instead of a 12v switched to begin with ? why ? I don't understand why you would of designed it that way.How many of us really think about it,when you get home to open the system since your trying to be quiet ? did you do it just to make super simple to install,I really am pretty upset about this,that means i have to send my car to the shop or just have it removed...
COME ON THINK ABOUT IT THE WHOLE REASON TO USE THIS SYSTEM IS SO WE CAN CLOSE THE EXHAUST due to header and off road pipes !!!
Why would you design a system that drains the batt when its used for its intended purpose ? I might not be as mad if it drain it when left open since that's not the intended main use of this system compared to others.
I am thankful for having it since it was a gift.I also do not understand if you knew this why have the instructions have not been changed to correct this serious problem. what if the car was parked at the airport or someplace for a couple of days ? no power means no protection,and there goes my car to whoever figures this out..I am really mad about this,THANK YOU GUYS I hate posting negative posts ,but i just want to shout at someone!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Andy

If the switch is left open you're not drawing any power, correct?
(curious to know since my Z is in hibernation now:-()
better get a battery !!!!!!! Since it states the system can even close its self when left correctly in the open position, if i read that correctly also..
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Stephen12ZL1


 
Stephen12ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z/28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 2,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Well i did not install the system as i can not being crippled,but the system is set up to be installed to a always hot wire instead of a 12v switched to begin with ? why ? I don't understand why you would of designed it that way.How many of us really think about it,when you get home to open the system since your trying to be quiet ? did you do it just to make super simple to install,I really am pretty upset about this,that means i have to send my car to the shop or just have it removed...
COME ON THINK ABOUT IT THE WHOLE REASON TO USE THIS SYSTEM IS SO WE CAN CLOSE THE EXHAUST due to header and off road pipes !!!
Why would you design a system that drains the batt when its used for its intended purpose ? I might not be as mad if it drain it when left open since that's not the intended main use of this system compared to others.
I am thankful for having it since it was a gift.I also do not understand if you knew this why have the instructions have not been changed to correct this serious problem. what if the car was parked at the airport or someplace for a couple of days ? no power means no protection,and there goes my car to whoever figures this out..I am really mad about this,THANK YOU GUYS I hate posting negative posts ,but i just want to shout at someone!!!!!!!!!!!
Well written. I think it was an oversight and you can hook it up to an "ignition on" circuit very easily. This is the way it should have been from the start. At first, it probably wasn't realized that it was a battery drain until people (like me) started complaining about the battery going dead after a few days.
__________________
'15 Z/28 #325 black a/c & stereo. 2:11 VIR Full Stock...for now.
'12 ZL1 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Well i did not install the system as i can not being crippled,but the system is set up to be installed to a always hot wire instead of a 12v switched to begin with ? why ? I don't understand why you would of designed it that way.How many of us really think about it,when you get home to open the system since your trying to be quiet ? did you do it just to make super simple to install,I really am pretty upset about this,that means i have to send my car to the shop or just have it removed...
COME ON THINK ABOUT IT THE WHOLE REASON TO USE THIS SYSTEM IS SO WE CAN CLOSE THE EXHAUST due to header and off road pipes !!!
Why would you design a system that drains the batt when its used for its intended purpose ? I might not be as mad if it drain it when left open since that's not the intended main use of this system compared to others.
I am thankful for having it since it was a gift.I also do not understand if you knew this why have the instructions have not been changed to correct this serious problem. what if the car was parked at the airport or someplace for a couple of days ? no power means no protection,and there goes my car to whoever figures this out..I am really mad about this,THANK YOU GUYS I hate posting negative posts ,but i just want to shout at someone!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting this as we did make a change and have sent out emails to those who we have them(emails that is).
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
DrkPhx

 
DrkPhx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Michael, MN
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Thanks for posting this as we did make a change and have sent out emails to those who we have them(emails that is).
I never got the e-mail. Can you PM me the info?
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,056
yes pls PM me the info to correct it ,so i can again pay someone to correct the issue for me thank you..
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
Vangres
Timed Rage
 
Vangres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malden, MA
Posts: 472
Didn't get an email pm as well here
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
Garys13ZL1
 
Garys13ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013ZL1 BLACK, AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: pittsburgh, pa
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangres View Post
Didn't get an email pm as well here
I also did not get the email!
__________________
2013 Black/Black ZL1, Automatic, ROTOFAB CAI, Big Gulp, LPE Intercooler Reservoir, 87MM VMAX TB, SP 17/8 Headers, MSD wires and insulators, RX Oil Catch can, magnetic oil plug, and computer changes by JRE, Cooler Logic HEX....Stay Tuned!!!, more to come!
Garys13ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,056
Well I have not gotten even a P.M. from them to help me out,GM will not replace the Batt because the freaking Controller cause the failure thanks,...
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
Vangres
Timed Rage
 
Vangres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malden, MA
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Well I have not gotten even a P.M. from them to help me out,GM will not replace the Batt because the freaking Controller cause the failure thanks,...
How much does a new battery from GM cost?
…in case I end up with the same issue.
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
DrkPhx

 
DrkPhx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Michael, MN
Posts: 1,220
To prevent further battery draw I disconnected the ADM controller from the fuse box since the car is stored for the winter. I currently have the battery charging with a Ctek 7002 charger. So far so good. This thing is much better than my regular charger.

Quote:
Well I have not gotten even a P.M. from them to help me out,GM will not replace the Batt because the freaking Controller cause the failure thanks,...
I was told GM will not replace the battery under warranty if there is any aftermarket electronic equipment installed on the car.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.