|04-24-2012, 08:49 AM||#1|
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Detailer's Domain: BMW 335 Paint Correction
Subject: BMW 335i
Requirement: Paint Correction and Last Step Protection
- Wheels were prepped with Sonax Wheel Cleaner and cleaned up with various brushes
- Tires were spritzed down with Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner and washed down
- Wheel wells were cleaned up
- Washed with 1Z Exclusive Shampoo
- Wolf's Chemical's Decon Gel
- Wash down and rinsed
- Door jambs were cleaned up
- Tires dressed
- Paint Measurement
- Meg's D300 with Microfiber DA Cut Pad - Griots Orbital
- Menzerna SF4000 with Uber Green Pad - Griots Orbital
- Inspection with Fenix, 3m Sun Gun, Infratech, and natural sunlight
- Last Step – 1Z einszett Glanz Wax
- Wheel wells were cleaned and dressed
- Rubber and Plastics Treated
- Exterior windows and mirrors cleaned and sealed
- Exhaust tips cleaned
Prep - Wash, Decon, Clay, Wheels, and Tires
Sonax Full Effect in action
Wash, Decon, Rinse
Paint Imperfections were throughout the car
Random after compound and polish shots
|04-24-2012, 10:15 AM||#4|
Great Work! And that blue would look great on a certain car we pay homage to here on this forum...hint...hint.
Cars and women are both going to give you problems...but you can pay somebody else to fix your car!
|04-24-2012, 07:35 PM||#5|
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Great looking car! I agree that shade of blue would look great on a Camaro.
Noob question, what did you use to clean the exhaust tips?
2010 Black 2SS/RS M6 - SLP Loud Mouth II Exhaust, AIRAID Intake System, RX Catch Can, Eibach Pro Springs and Anti-Roll Kit, Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter, Skipshift Eliminator, Heritage Grill, JDP Color Changing Halos, Blackout Everything
|04-24-2012, 09:32 PM||#8|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: on your 6
Awesome job,I like to do the same with my auto's,but man sometimes the amount of time I put into doing the detailing doesn't seem worth it.It either rains or it gets really dusty and covers the just detailed car with a nice coat of dust or pollen within a few daysI really want to get the PC and all the other stuff to do my cars,because in the end the resale will be higher for my car or truck compared to others,I also worry about making my cars stand out to much and someone getting jealous and doing some crazy s**t,it makes a difference when getting paid to make them shine and just doing it for personal gratification,I take great pride in doing things right and keeping things nice,oh well decisions,decisions.