Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Beau0311
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS V6 - Automatic
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 10
2012 V6 Supercharger

I have a 2012 V6 2LS Camaro. I have a K&N intake (which had to be modified because the air sensor is different than 2010-11) and a magnaflow axle back system installed. I wanted to install a supercharger and wanted some advice/opinions (other than trade in for SS lol) I got my 2012 camaro brand new for 20k so with a supercharger id still have less money in than SS and equal horsepower. Its really just for the street. This is the kit i was looking at (http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=7422)
Beau0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,101
Start here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

But I don't know that there is a Supercharger for the 2012 yet
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,077
The IPF supercharger is for the 2011, 2011, and 2012. Look a little lower in the threads and its there. Also, I know that tracy (screenname SC2150) will work with you... I believe. Not too sure about that one.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
lesson1
I Get Around
 
lesson1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hampton, Va
Posts: 42
I am also looking at ipf. Seems to be better option as far as tuning
lesson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
IPF-Tuning

 
IPF-Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX - IPF Supercharged
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Start here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

But I don't know that there is a Supercharger for the 2012 yet
IPF has kits for the 2010-11 LLT motor as well as the 2012 LFX motor. The car in our video is our 2012 demonstrator.

To view the car in action, you can view our latest video by following the link below:

http://youtu.be/T62EH0OjY6I

For further information, call or email me.

Dave Loucks
KPE
www.IPF-Tuning.com
888-222-4291
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,079
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
w1kedz
 
w1kedz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
Do you work with any shops in Southern California for installs? LONGGGGG drive to FL
w1kedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
Superfreak
 
Superfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
Hello, have you installed a system on a 2012 yet? Just out of curiosity, how do you know that your crankcase vent system is the only one that provides proper crankcase venting? Have you seen the other systems or are you just speculating? I am not being critical I am just curious. Also do you have any real world results from your supercharger system? 1/4 mile times, etc? Lastly, with a fixed boost supercharger System, what is the need for a boost gauge. Thank you for the info.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
Have you done a 2012 yet? I would like info if you have.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
Hello, have you installed a system on a 2012 yet? Just out of curiosity, how do you know that your crankcase vent system is the only one that provides proper crankcase venting? Have you seen the other systems or are you just speculating? I am not being critical I am just curious. Also do you have any real world results from your supercharger system? 1/4 mile times, etc? Lastly, with a fixed boost supercharger System, what is the need for a boost gauge. Thank you for the info.
We are doing them on LFX motors in several platforms....and no one in the country has done more R&D on these motors and the systems period. As far as the crankcase evac that is a fact.....do some searches here to see. If you think my statement is incorrect then show me another that actually does and explain how. There are dozens of threads here that explain it in detail, and ask any of the other FI shops from East Coast Super charging to RDP or any of the many STS kit owners that have had to retrofit theirs.

We are without question the foremost experts on proper crankcase evacuation on street car applications and have developed more products, done more R&D on the LLT & LFX motors. But please post details on how any other system accomplishes what we do.......best way for you to learn is go into details.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1kedz View Post
Do you work with any shops in Southern California for installs? LONGGGGG drive to FL
The Super Charger Connection is a dealer of all our products....contact Brian or Jessika.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
You can do a 2012? Do you offer a warranty? Do you have a dyno or track times? Please answer.

Thanks
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Superfreak
 
Superfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We are doing them on LFX motors in several platforms....and no one in the country has done more R&D on these motors and the systems period. As far as the crankcase evac that is a fact.....do some searches here to see. If you think my statement is incorrect then show me another that actually does and explain how. There are dozens of threads here that explain it in detail, and ask any of the other FI shops from East Coast Super charging to RDP or any of the many STS kit owners that have had to retrofit theirs.

We are without question the foremost experts on proper crankcase evacuation on street car applications and have developed more products, done more R&D on the LLT & LFX motors. But please post details on how any other system accomplishes what we do.......best way for you to learn is go into details.

Thank you for the details but You didn't answer my other questions. Do you have any real world data from your "several platform" systems on the LFX engine? Any dyno data, videos of the car in action or 1/4 mile data? Just curious.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
Thank you for the details but You didn't answer my other questions. Do you have any real world data from your "several platform" systems on the LFX engine? Any dyno data, videos of the car in action or 1/4 mile data? Just curious.
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
gahammerle

 
gahammerle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!
I don't think he has the LFX, he said he's just curious.

Gotta love these IPF groupies.
__________________
Gordy

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers



Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I don't think he has the LFX, he said he's just curious.

Gotta love these IPF groupies.
I see now!!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I don't think he has the LFX, he said he's just curious.

Gotta love these IPF groupies.
Not a groupie, just trying to make a decision on what to do. So far IPF is the only one that I have seen any numbers on. Everyone else always says they are going to post numbers, and it is either raining or the dyno is down or busy.
If someone is going to spend close to $6,000 they should be able to count on real world numbers not just talk.


Thanks, just trying to figure this out now that there are multiple choices. The only one I can get answers on is IPF.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #18
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,559
I am going with RX. Within 6 weeks there should be a total of 3 RX SC cars on the road. Terrorizing Mustangs, Challys, SS's and even those wallflower GTO's.

We'll see where IPF is at in the same amount of time. I think it's great that you have at least 2 companies competing for the Gen5 V6 SC business. Both companies have put in a ton of work based off of ppl saying they really want an SC. Well they're here.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
Superfreak
 
Superfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!
I don't have an LFX. I currently own a 2010 LLT. I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 on a 2012 but before I do, I want to see what my options are. I know RX has a system for the LLT, I was just curious where they stand on the on the LFX. I want to go FI and had made a decision to purchase the IPF system. Then this LFX deal came up so now I am am seeing what my options are. I am located less than 500 miles from AZ so my logical choice would be IPF. I didnt know that these questions would cause so much drama. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
I don't have an LFX. I currently own a 2010 LLT. I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 on a 2012 but before I do, I want to see what my options are. I know RX has a system for the LLT, I was just curious where they stand on the on the LFX. I want to go FI and had made a decision to purchase the IPF system. Then this LFX deal came up so now I am am seeing what my options are. I am located less than 500 miles from AZ so my logical choice would be IPF. I didnt know that these questions would cause so much drama. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz
I think everyone is a bit confused. Your avatar has an SS facia, you state 2010 but you are asking about the LFX. Now you are saying you want to trade for a 2102 and then supercharge it. Why not just stick with the LLT and mod it? Seems like it would be cheaper.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,522
Also LLT has more support and potential than the LFX because of the header deal. LFX is easier to tune and runs alil better but that's it.

Also IPF is only going to get buys from stock new V6's owners not fully in the know (exhaust doesn't count as no power is really gained also intake because you will lose it). All the hardcore owners willing to go FI have supporting mods that IPF doesn't support.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,422
How about staying on point. So the ..... what if someone does not own a 2012. Do you need to call someone a groupie for asking a pointed question? What confuses me is why if some one asks a question about RX the same people have to rip them apart.
I admit that I also wonder about the same questions asked. Glad I did not ask them or maybe I would be treated the same way.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Superfreak
 
Superfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I think everyone is a bit confused. Your avatar has an SS facia, you state 2010 but you are asking about the LFX. Now you are saying you want to trade for a 2102 and then supercharge it. Why not just stick with the LLT and mod it? Seems like it would be cheaper.
There you go. Now I have bowtie avatar. I didn't know I had to give a blood sample to post questions up here LOL. Why not sell your car and buy a charger. J/k. I can get the LFX for a good deal, it has 30000 less miles than my 2010 and it is 2 years newer. GM did a bunch of changes to the heads and internals to the LFX and it seems like it may be the right move FOR ME. :flag2:
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
Superfreak
 
Superfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
How about staying on point. So the ..... what if someone does not own a 2012. Do you need to call someone a groupie for asking a pointed question? What confuses me is why if some one asks a question about RX the same people have to rip them apart.
I admit that I also wonder about the same questions asked. Glad I did not ask them or maybe I would be treated the same way.
I agree. Sorry OP for the thread hijack
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
There you go. Now I have bowtie avatar. I didn't know I had to give a blood sample to post questions up here LOL. Why not sell your car and buy a charger. J/k. I can get the LFX for a good deal, it has 30000 less miles than my 2010 and it is 2 years newer. GM did a bunch of changes to the heads and internals to the LFX and it seems like it may be the right move FOR ME. :flag2:
You indicated earlier that you were just asking questions. We are basically asking questions to figure out where you are coming from because it didn't make sense to us. So, it goes both ways. No I see more of your logic. Sounds good to me. Maybe you can be the first to get the supercharger on an LFX and let us know.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 2ls, supercharger, v6 engine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.