Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Thanks Tracy, that answered my questions!
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
And that's why I am putting an RX SC on my car as opposed to something else.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #37
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
And that's why I am putting an RX SC on my car as opposed to something else.
You and me both brother. Tracy has excellent customer service and works with you. Although he says he's old. I just make him feel good saying he's not lol
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #38
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 825
all this FI debate is awsome hopefully my next duty station is in south GA when i leave here cuz my first road trip will be to tracy's shop. i have full confidence that his products are the best so thats that/

all i want to know is when the hell is the RX site coming back
so i can start filling a wishlist and maybe even a shopping cart
in the mean time can i get a RX performance parts menu. i have a catch can ported TB and a insulator on the way but what else you guys got

and to answer your question h3lls yea I want to see burn out videos
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #39
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Hopefully Tracy will post numbers some time, I bet they will be awesome!
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #40
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
all this FI debate is awsome hopefully my next duty station is in south GA when i leave here cuz my first road trip will be to tracy's shop. i have full confidence that his products are the best so thats that/

all i want to know is when the hell is the RX site coming back
so i can start filling a wishlist and maybe even a shopping cart
in the mean time can i get a RX performance parts menu. i have a catch can ported TB and a insulator on the way but what else you guys got

and to answer your question h3lls yea I want to see burn out videos
To answer your question, to my knowledge RX also makes a ported intake manifold. 325.00 plus a refundable 300.00 core charge. If you want to make your IM pretty talk to Tracy and he'll hand polish it for a nominal fee. They also have a Super Chiller that dramatically lowers operating temps on FI cars thus increasing HP.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #41
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
To answer your question, to my knowledge RX also makes a ported intake manifold. 325.00 plus a refundable 300.00 core charge. If you want to make your IM pretty talk to Tracy and he'll hand polish it for a nominal fee. They also have a Super Chiller that dramatically lowers operating temps on FI cars thus increasing HP.
Yep they do because I have it installed on my build when Tracy had it. I have RX ported and matched everything except for the heads.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #42
Make It Rain
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 69 Z28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paradise Valley, Az.
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau0311 View Post
I have a 2012 V6 2LS Camaro. I have a K&N intake (which had to be modified because the air sensor is different than 2010-11) and a magnaflow axle back system installed. I wanted to install a supercharger and wanted some advice/opinions (other than trade in for SS lol) I got my 2012 camaro brand new for 20k so with a supercharger id still have less money in than SS and equal horsepower. Its really just for the street. This is the kit i was looking at (http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=7422)
You are correct, this is the only kit made for a 2012, and the only kit that has posted dyno and 1/4 mile results.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #43
onelapdoc
 
Drives: 2LT/RS coupe M6 IBM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Springfield, Tn
Posts: 63
Tracy, thanks for the info.. I too am waiting for the kinks to work out,but you guys are the system I will go with. I cannot imagine any better service or backup than you have already given me when I had trouble mounting my catch can
onelapdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #44
Murray513
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS VICTORY RED W BLACK TOP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WISE COUNTY TEXAS
Posts: 28
Thank you Tracy for info. Looking forward to this system.
Murray513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
And that's why I am putting an RX SC on my car as opposed to something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
You and me both brother. Tracy has excellent customer service and works with you. Although he says he's old. I just make him feel good saying he's not lol
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #46
FDNY-L107
 
FDNY-L107's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 115
Holy cow.....it is really unfortunate that great vendors and companies that truly design, develop and deliver top quality products have to go through all this.

Thanks Tracy for your continued support and excellent customer support/focus!
__________________
Black 2011 Camaro LS M6
- Nitro Dave's NOS Plate System - 100 shot
- Hochkis Front & Rear Comp Sway Bars & End Links, SS Struts & Shocks, Eibach Springs
- BMR Sub-Frame & Tunnel Brace, BMR Rear Toe Rods, Rear Control Arms, GM Strut Bar Brace
- BBK LT Headers w/Kook's 2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust
- Forgeline DE3S Wheels NT05 Tires
- RS 4-gauge pod/RS leather console lid, Leather Steering Wheel, MTI Shifter
- Cold Air Induction CAI w/VMAX Ported TB & Ported+Powdercoated Intake Manifold, SLP UD Pulley, RX Catch can & Breather, RX Black-Iceolator, Port-matched heads
- Braille 17 Battery
- Trifecta Tune
FDNY-L107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #47
iceman5730
Iceman
 
iceman5730's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chilliwack British Columbia Canada
Posts: 639
I've just ordered a IPF SC for mine Did a lot of investigation on the various ones available, They all had advantages or disadvantages. I truly believe they would all work really well on our LLT's. Made my choice for 3 reasons install can be done right here in my home town, a warranty is readily available, and as with RX IPF is a highly regarded company in my books.

Let you no the results after the install.
__________________
iceman5730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #48
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
I've just ordered a IPF SC for mine Did a lot of investigation on the various ones available, They all had advantages or disadvantages. I truly believe they would all work really well on our LLT's. Made my choice for 3 reasons install can be done right here in my home town, a warranty is readily available, and as with RX IPF is a highly regarded company in my books.

Let you no the results after the install.
Sweet another sc build. Keep us posted man!
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #49
iceman5730
Iceman
 
iceman5730's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chilliwack British Columbia Canada
Posts: 639
Sure will. The time the order arrives and is installed I'm shooting for a Mid July completion Hope I can wait that long
__________________
iceman5730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #50
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
It's gonna be hard to wait. I'm waiting on my RX S/C kit to finish arriving here. It's hard to wait but it's worth it!
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #51
booyaa56
 
booyaa56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 59
Supercharger California legal?

If Im going to be spending $6000 I hope its Cali legal? Well I know a lot of Cali Camaro V6 owners who would like to have a IPC Supercharger....so whats up guys, are these coming soon? RX you guys got any SC that are Cali smog legal? Hope to hear from you 2 soon?
booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 2ls, supercharger, v6 engine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.