Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
camarolover911

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
2010 camaro v6 p062b, p0300, p0301,

So i have a 2010 camaro RS and I put an Airaide intake on it and flowmaster exhaust. Everything was fine and then it began to sputter and throw p0300 and p0301 (misfires). It stopped for a while (6 months). Now it started again and I changed my mass flow to a jet mass flow and put hypertech programming on it. It started doing the same codes as before except every single time I drove the car to the point where I had to park it. Also, it had p062b which is ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION. I have no idea what to do with it because there are so many things it could be. So far I have resealed my intake to make sure there are no air leaks. Also, I went ahead and tried disconnecting my battery for the 3 hours, but as soon as 100 miles passed it threw the p062b code again. The only thing I can think of thats left is injectors, O2 sensors, AFE sensor, and plugs. Anyone encountered this problem yet and know how to fix it? So far Chevy has been absolutely worthless when I took it in. So far they have told me "We see the codes it threw but we don't know why". Thanks in adavance for any advice.
camarolover911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolover911 View Post
So i have a 2010 camaro RS and I put an Airaide intake on it and flowmaster exhaust. Everything was fine and then it began to sputter and throw p0300 and p0301 (misfires). It stopped for a while (6 months). Now it started again and I changed my mass flow to a jet mass flow and put hypertech programming on it. It started doing the same codes as before except every single time I drove the car to the point where I had to park it. Also, it had p062b which is ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION. I have no idea what to do with it because there are so many things it could be. So far I have resealed my intake to make sure there are no air leaks. Also, I went ahead and tried disconnecting my battery for the 3 hours, but as soon as 100 miles passed it threw the p062b code again. The only thing I can think of thats left is injectors, O2 sensors, AFE sensor, and plugs. Anyone encountered this problem yet and know how to fix it? So far Chevy has been absolutely worthless when I took it in. So far they have told me "We see the codes it threw but we don't know why". Thanks in adavance for any advice.
Did you remove the Hypertech tune and reflash back to stock?

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I would swap the jet back out......try that and let us know. The Bosch ECU is very touchy when it comes to the MAF.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
camarolover911

I have not removed the tune since it was doing most of this before... I'll try removing the mass flow and see if that makes any difference... I talked to someone today who builds drag cars and they said that they would upgrade the injectors. I don't think that would be a solution but I'll let you know what happens with the stock Mass flow back in
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I thinkk the person you talked to does not have experiance with the 2400 PSI pressure of the direct injection motors. Wehold divisional, national, and world championships in both NHRA & IHRA and dont know of any classes that ron DI motors.

You really have no choice to upgrade injectors.

Pull the JET out and I am willing to bet you will be fine. I know of no suitable replacement for the OEM Bosch unit on these 3.6 motors that will work.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
camarolover911

I did thanks for the advice.. It seems better now so hopefully it won't do it again. Thanks again
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
camarolover911

hey thought it was fixed but all those same codes just came back up even with the factory mass flow in... any other advice on what it might be? at this point i'm completely clueless.. thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
SmokeJ

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to SmokeJ
hey, i had this very same problem for a while now. my 2010 v6 rs is all stock, ecu is updated to the latest 'patch' and they already replaced one injector (coz of the p0301 code) but it didnt help a lot, now after a couple months its just back to square one...

also from me, any help would be greatly appreciated!
GIGGITY!
SmokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
camarolover911

after a lot of fighting with chevy i still have gotten absolutely nothing back from them other than its a circuit malfunction and they have claimed to not be able to fix it...very unhappy...